Reviews for Whatever
Doom Marine 54 chapter 2 . 3/22
I don't agree with Misato's assessment of Shinji here. He cooks, cleans, and oh yeah pilots the giant robot that protects the world. He is definitely taking responsibility for his life. Albeit reluctantly, but I fail to see why him not caring what him and Ritsuko do in their spare time makes him immature. Hell i'm pretty sure it would be immature of him to argue with her over what to watch on TV, did it ever occur to Ritsuko that he just likes spending time with her regardless of what they're doing? God knows he doesn't have enough friends in life.
47Zhou-Yu74 chapter 4 . 3/16
The thing I was always dreamed of - that Shinji would start to live with Ritsuko instead _. And Romance that follows _ !
Cypher DS chapter 4 . 1/12
Fun, fluffy and moving at a brisk pace, "Whatever" is an enjoyable read. I get the feeling that this will be a "fix fic", but, interestingly enough, one focusing on how some added human interactions could salvage Dr. Akagi.
I am curious as to just how many cat knick-knacks Ritsuko has decorating her apartment. ;D
Daniel-138 chapter 4 . 9/14/2012
Loved this. Characters were generally in character, and the story was sweet. Shame it's a dead fic by this point.
RaptorIV chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
If you're reading this review, please continue this story! Please! :)
Rose1948 chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
Cute story. I'd like to see it continue if at all possible. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
James chapter 4 . 12/10/2010
I suppose it is a good bet to say you have stopped on this story huh? i just came across it a couple of days ago and i just noticed the date on it whne last updated lol. Anyways i did enjoy thus far what you have up and if you have plans on continuing would you be so kind as to toss me a message?

is my emial.

V/R

James
tri-bladed scythe chapter 4 . 6/5/2009
good story man please continue!
Squire of Gothos chapter 4 . 3/29/2009
I like the slowness, and the simple little moments in this story. Keep up the good work.
divinedemon1 chapter 4 . 11/30/2008
been a while, but good to see this fic still come around hope you continue this soon this is shaping up to be great
ExtinctionsEnd chapter 4 . 11/21/2008
This chapter had me laughing most of the way through,the end was very touching as well. I hope to see more chapters of this story. :)
Genjoe chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
For the love of all that is holy! write more of this fic!

You've got something going that no one has truly seen in the Eva community. This is an amazing piece of character development that I am amazed to read.

If you need suggestion on where to go with it, I would devel more into Shinji or Ritsuko trying to understand each other. Shinji with his music would be a good connecting point, while Ritsuko with her tech background. Even her cats.

And with her being so close to Shinji it put more on her plate for when operations that become dangerous to him are brought up. even having the tension of him being away while training with Asuka for the 7th angel, and having trouble sleeping or getting along without him.

Even the contention with Rei that she has and batting it off of Shinji.

But for the love of god finish this fic!

I've rarely seen a fic where Ritsuko's not an antagonist. And I've NEVER seen one where she's the gaurdinan!

PLEASE MORE!
BPE Exeter chapter 4 . 10/16/2008
I'm finding myself really enjoying this one. It's been years since I've read a story that tries to do something vastly different with the core scenario within EVA, and does so with any level of competency.

Also, I have always wondered about the possible changes if Ritsuko had been Shinji's guardian instead of Misato. This was an angle which has never really been explored, and I think there is alot there to work with.

Keep it up! This is the first story I've been really excited about in a while.
blackdeathmessenger chapter 4 . 9/20/2008
decent chapter, though i hope you update 't wait til the next chapter!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/14/2008
Hmm.

I see that Shinji is attracted to his guardian (I wonder, do her dark green eyes remind him of his mom's, on some subconscious level?). But I still don't see anything that would attract her to him that would be in character for her, not the way this is written.

Perhaps it would be necessary to back up and have her think about the battle against the 4th Angel, in which she and the audience learned, among other things, that Shinji is a LOT tougher than he looks. Crazier, too. But maybe that's secondary to noticing something she'd have to know as well as anyone: he was in so much pain he shouldn't even have been able to remain conscious, much less function, yet he fought and won and saved all their lives.

But you seem to be going in a different direction here. What I see here is that he brings out something maternal in her. I get the impression from the way you are writing this that he makes her feel affectionate and protective. Which is well and good as far as it goes but women as a general rule don't feel desire for someone who makes them feel protective. It would be more in character for her to feel attracted to him if she felt that he were protecting her.

And that raises other possibilities for the plot. The Akagi women are nothing if not brilliant, but they're also VERY possessive, VERY jealous when it comes to the men they love. They may even be just a little bit crazy, if they're pushed far enough.

So-has Shinji had much interaction with Rei in this story? In canon, I can imagine Ritsuko looking out of the corner of her eye at Shinji and Rei talking, and smirking to herself, maybe even trying to nudge them together, hoping that Rei will fall for Shinji, leaving Gendou for herself. Maybe that's even what she was doing when she gave him the ID card and told him to take it to her.

But in this story, in this scenario, things could get ugly, quickly. Ritsuko doesn't like Rei very much anyway and suspects-perhaps rightly, perhaps wrongly-that Gendou is up to some very creepy and inappropriate things with his wife's clone. Naoko didn't like Rei much either, and remember where that ended up. There are the potential for Very Bad Things to happen here. I wonder if this is where you're planning to go. This doesn't feel like a darkfic so far, but I could be wrong.