Reviews for Princess Next Door
koolkame chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
While I think the Southern dialect annd translations were a bit much, I really did like this fic and the interactions between Jean and Rogue (I was specifically looking for stories about the two). I can't blame Scott for not noticing the outfit because I didn't either, he was probably so used to Rogue wearing the same it didn't register.

And drunk Jean is funny, period.
Tanya chapter 2 . 8/1/2009
This is fic has the best portrayal of Rogue I've read. And thank you for not killing off Jean or making her an annoying whore, that seems to be a problem with a handful of Rogue fans. Thank you for this fic. You don't know how much crap I had to dig through to find a good Rogue X-Men Evo fic.
Different Child chapter 2 . 10/1/2006
I understand. But this wasn't much about jean/rogue in this chapter.
Different Child chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I like. Mostly. Interesting no matter.
j.l chapter 2 . 8/10/2006
this is a really good story. i loved rogue's silent treatment toward scott, it was really funny. anyway, i don't know if you were going to write anymore or not but i think you should defintly continue this story.
gambit-rogue chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
i really liked the story. it's unique. i dun think anyone's wrote a story like this b4. it's funny too. but i was wondering about the title of the song. i think i'd like to hear it. could u plz send it to me or somehow let me know the title of the song.
ClaudiaR chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I liked your story, though it was different from what I had expected. In the show, I really like Jean as well as Rogue. I enjoy stories in which Jean isn't constantly bashed (though I've also read anti-Jean stories which were funny, it depends on how they're presented), and though you treated her pretty nicely (you did make her vomit a lot, though), I didn't like Jean at all. I didn't like her analytical tone when she claimed to understand Rogue; it was annoying. I didn't really buy her story, I don't think they're alike in the ways Jean described.

My favorite line in the story was "Rogue practically threw the trash can at Jean." It's just funny to picture. A line which truly bothered me was when you stated that girls Rogue's age should walk around uncovered and bare. I really approved of the adjective "relaxed," but the other two ticked me off. I don't think young women or women in general should have to walk around half naked to fit any norm.

I really liked Scott's reaction in the end, but was surprised that you cut the ending short in a way. Consiering all the people there, including chatty Kitty and irascible Logan, more should have probably happened. We never found out how the adults reacted to Jean's attire, or how they explained the vomit in Ororo's plants. And why did Rogue ignore Scott like that? I sincerely don't understand it. A month is a long time and I think Rogue was being a jerk. I didn't like her in the end because of that (but I really liked the way you portrayed her until then).

The song fits your story perfectly. Who sings it? I didn't find mention of the artist in you disclaimer.

Your grammar was lovely, something I always appreciate. I liked the story all in all and I checked your biography and look forward to reading "Complications" as soon as I have time.
fireinu chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I like the story. I hope you rite mor of them.
MiraiYume chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
No, I definitely think you got this right with teh drama/humor bit. The humor for sure-I laughed out loud!

I liked this, it was well written and funny. I like that song too, and it really fits here!

I really should say more, or try some constructive critisizm, but it's late and I'm tried, so we'll leave it at, I liked this a lot!

Great Job!