Reviews for Balm of Gilead
barakuro chapter 1 . 1/3
I really enjoy this story. Thank you for writing it so beautifully
bloodstainedeverdark06 chapter 20 . 12/26/2016
love it!
Animegoil chapter 20 . 7/7/2015
Wow! Amazing. I loved this from beginning to end. I'd never considered the three of them together before (Kurama/Hiei was too obvious a choice, I guess) but I loved it and thought you did a good job illustrating what they each brought to the table. I also enjoyed that this was as much as story about the three of them, all three sides of the relationship, individually and together, as it was about Kurama overcoming this ordeal. Characterization was great, that fine balance between vulnerability/testing new waters without going into OOC-ness was well done. You covered a lot of ground (the ordeal itself, Shiori, Hiei's past) without getting too bogged down by those to detract from the main plotline.
LoveIsNotAChoice chapter 20 . 5/31/2015
I was so hesitant on this story because I'm such a Hiei/Kurama fan that I didn't want Yusuke to ruin it. You've got me hooked though! This story was beautiful and dark and everything I had hoped. And the characters remained true to their nature from the series. Loved it!
Miss Anonymous chapter 3 . 7/27/2013
For too long have I failed in my attempts to scrounge out a wonderfully written fanfiction for YYH! But I do believe it has been found!
NightShadow131 chapter 20 . 3/4/2013
I have to say, I really, really enjoyed this fic, although (and I'm pretty sure it's just cuz it's one of your older fics) there were quite a few typos... Some of them were hard to read around, which is the only reason I say anything about it at all. However, I liked this regardless. :D I think it actually might be the first Yusuke/Hiei/Kurama fic I've read. I usually just can't see Yusuke and Hiei being together and so stick with Kurama and Hiei. Hiei's and Yusuke's personalities are exactly as you've explained in this fic and so it would make just them being together pretty difficult. I could definitely see Kurama being there a way to calm them and make it work out. The way you had Yusuke explain their threeway relationship working is definitely believable for them. Pst, I never really did like Keiko very much to begin with...
But I also thought it was very interesting how you had such a traumatizing event for Kurama and didn't actually show anything and only hint. I've not really seen that in angsty stuff. It didn't take away from it by any means. It was just interesting... Lol. I don't really know if, in the end, it was really worth going back to Satsuki's (I think was his name) fortress for Kurama, but I could see his need to. And it did work out after all, I suppose, lol.
I love the bickering you have between the three: it helps keep them in character and even provides humor throughout; not to mention sanity for the characters, lol. I could definitely see Hiei being so intuned to Kurama's feelings and emotions too, and vice versa.
I'm only saying this because I've read other fics of yours (that will be getting reviews as well!), but I REALLY wish that you had... written more about their little threesome lemon scene. Or at least a future one. I can't help it, I really like threesome pairings, especially if they're written well, and it seems like you could probably pull it off by what little I've read. :D
Anyway, great job on writing this and I really liked how you portrayed their relationship - it made it plausible. :D
*goes off to read another fic*
BeyondMyReach chapter 20 . 10/10/2011
This is very beautiful. Everyone was in character and I really like the way you brought them together.

Please write more of this pairing in the future.
deactivatedaccount10108 chapter 20 . 10/10/2011
I'll be honest, I normally wouldn't be interested in a story with this 3-way match up. That said, I'm soooo glad I decided to give it a shot, because you did NOT disappoint :) I think the reason I don't normally go for it, is because I could never see their personalities allowing it, and I don't care for stories that drastically change the characters' personas. You kept them all true to themselves, and it was wonderful! Thank you!
Quintin chapter 13 . 7/26/2011
Best line out of your whole fic:

"I think if our relationship can survive a few years of plotting various methods to destroy each other for the sake of rival demon kings, it can probably survive sex."

Possibly out of all of the Yu Yu Hakusho fics, but I haven't read all of them.

You should submit that quote for a best quotes in fanfiction award or something.

Don't know why I love that quote so much, but good story.
JBubbles chapter 20 . 6/25/2011
oh god, an angst when I'm phisically bad... not a good way to sepend the day , a well written fic to read.
Squicked Out chapter 20 . 4/15/2011
Congradulations.

I read this story just before bed last night.

As a result I had a nightmare... I was reading Harry/Ron slash from the HP universe.

Yes, that's right, your YYH fic made me dream of reading a icky incest pairing in HP.

I don't know how that happened.

As it was, it's a quite good story, and now that it's not 3:30am anymore, I can tell you so.
Disturbed chapter 15 . 3/31/2011
Just so you know, it's highly disturbing me that I'm enjoying this fic so much.

It's also disturbing that I can see the 3 way relationship between the guys... if Yusuke didn't have Keiko, as in this fic.

You highly disturb me.
Creeped out chapter 5 . 3/31/2011
Karasu has offspring? Even fictional ones?

Karasu is a creepy well... I shouldn't curse in the review box.
HieiLover2004 chapter 20 . 7/3/2010
YAY! A happy ending! This story always makes me cry! It's sooo good!
selena23loveless chapter 20 . 7/2/2010
Your stories are like gold; I keep seeking them. Wonderfully written, with a lot of depth! And I'm glad most of your stories are with YYH and they include Kurama-he's my favorite anime boy.