Reviews for Balm of Gilead
Miss Anonymous chapter 3 . 7/27/2013
For too long have I failed in my attempts to scrounge out a wonderfully written fanfiction for YYH! But I do believe it has been found!
NightShadow131 chapter 20 . 3/4/2013
I have to say, I really, really enjoyed this fic, although (and I'm pretty sure it's just cuz it's one of your older fics) there were quite a few typos... Some of them were hard to read around, which is the only reason I say anything about it at all. However, I liked this regardless. :D I think it actually might be the first Yusuke/Hiei/Kurama fic I've read. I usually just can't see Yusuke and Hiei being together and so stick with Kurama and Hiei. Hiei's and Yusuke's personalities are exactly as you've explained in this fic and so it would make just them being together pretty difficult. I could definitely see Kurama being there a way to calm them and make it work out. The way you had Yusuke explain their threeway relationship working is definitely believable for them. Pst, I never really did like Keiko very much to begin with...
But I also thought it was very interesting how you had such a traumatizing event for Kurama and didn't actually show anything and only hint. I've not really seen that in angsty stuff. It didn't take away from it by any means. It was just interesting... Lol. I don't really know if, in the end, it was really worth going back to Satsuki's (I think was his name) fortress for Kurama, but I could see his need to. And it did work out after all, I suppose, lol.
I love the bickering you have between the three: it helps keep them in character and even provides humor throughout; not to mention sanity for the characters, lol. I could definitely see Hiei being so intuned to Kurama's feelings and emotions too, and vice versa.
I'm only saying this because I've read other fics of yours (that will be getting reviews as well!), but I REALLY wish that you had... written more about their little threesome lemon scene. Or at least a future one. I can't help it, I really like threesome pairings, especially if they're written well, and it seems like you could probably pull it off by what little I've read. :D
Anyway, great job on writing this and I really liked how you portrayed their relationship - it made it plausible. :D
*goes off to read another fic*
BeyondMyReach chapter 20 . 10/10/2011
This is very beautiful. Everyone was in character and I really like the way you brought them together.

Please write more of this pairing in the future.
cheatcakes chapter 20 . 10/10/2011
I'll be honest, I normally wouldn't be interested in a story with this 3-way match up. That said, I'm soooo glad I decided to give it a shot, because you did NOT disappoint :) I think the reason I don't normally go for it, is because I could never see their personalities allowing it, and I don't care for stories that drastically change the characters' personas. You kept them all true to themselves, and it was wonderful! Thank you!
Quintin chapter 13 . 7/26/2011
Best line out of your whole fic:

"I think if our relationship can survive a few years of plotting various methods to destroy each other for the sake of rival demon kings, it can probably survive sex."

Possibly out of all of the Yu Yu Hakusho fics, but I haven't read all of them.

You should submit that quote for a best quotes in fanfiction award or something.

Don't know why I love that quote so much, but good story.
JBubbles chapter 20 . 6/25/2011
oh god, an angst when I'm phisically bad... not a good way to sepend the day , a well written fic to read.
Squicked Out chapter 20 . 4/15/2011
Congradulations.

I read this story just before bed last night.

As a result I had a nightmare... I was reading Harry/Ron slash from the HP universe.

Yes, that's right, your YYH fic made me dream of reading a icky incest pairing in HP.

I don't know how that happened.

As it was, it's a quite good story, and now that it's not 3:30am anymore, I can tell you so.
Disturbed chapter 15 . 3/31/2011
Just so you know, it's highly disturbing me that I'm enjoying this fic so much.

It's also disturbing that I can see the 3 way relationship between the guys... if Yusuke didn't have Keiko, as in this fic.

You highly disturb me.
Creeped out chapter 5 . 3/31/2011
Karasu has offspring? Even fictional ones?

Karasu is a creepy well... I shouldn't curse in the review box.
HieiLover2004 chapter 20 . 7/3/2010
YAY! A happy ending! This story always makes me cry! It's sooo good!
selena23loveless chapter 20 . 7/2/2010
Your stories are like gold; I keep seeking them. Wonderfully written, with a lot of depth! And I'm glad most of your stories are with YYH and they include Kurama-he's my favorite anime boy.
Always a Bookworm chapter 20 . 4/13/2010
I always seem to come to the end of your fics feeling completely drained- they’re always so emotional, and this one was no different! So many highs and lows (I’m very pleased that the ending was a high! ) and yet it didn’t feel exhausting to read, as sometimes happens with extremely intense stories. This was a joy to read, as are all of your stories, and finding fics that are genuinely like mini-novels (that seriously could be published) is a really special thing. And I think this is my favourite out of all of yours, even more than ‘Half Life’, ‘Butterfly’s Wing’s’ and ‘After all this time’. (Oh, and ‘Close to the Sun’ of course... you know, I’d better just stop myself before I just list *all* of your YYH stories! XD!) Anyway, you should know that this was a really, really impressive piece of work.

The pairing; well, firstly I’ve got to say thank you for taking on this pairing and doing it justice! There are very few YxKxH stories out there, and this is by far the best. You tackled the romance well, made it believable, and (above all) made it really sweet. Wow, never thought I’d be describing a pairing with Hiei in it as sweet! ;D

And the characterisation was perfect as always; I can’t read other YYH authors now because they don’t match up to your amazing characterisation skills! All perfectly in-characters, and yet wonderfully fitting of the story. You made Yusuke romantic and Hiei (quite) openly loving! *is in awe*

Well, enough of my gushing compliments- I know I could go on for hours just trying to get across the fact that this was amazing! I loved it, really truly loved it. I don’t know if a sequel has ever crossed your mind...? *hint hint* Anyway, even if not this is still absolutely fantastic. You should congratulate yourself on it- you really did a spectacular job! Well done! :D

Bookworm
NaidaIldri chapter 20 . 4/2/2010
again, oh wow.

wowwowwowwowwow.

truly utterly brilliant with an excellent description of selective amnesia and how yuusuke and hiei attempted to deal with each other without kurama with them and how tender yuusuke is and how yummy the three of them are together and... i'm just going to shut up now.

in any case, an excellent piece of work and i'm glad to have read it. may the muses bless you!

cheers,

Naida
atomic-oblaat chapter 13 . 9/18/2009
I'm loving this fic so far! I feel like a stalker for my small barrage of reviews, but I can't help that I love your stories. P

I'll finish reading this soon, but for the moment I just had to say that, "...I think if our relationship can survive a few years of plotting various methods to destroy each other for the sake of rival demon kings, it can probably survive sex." is one of the most fantastic things I've ever read. Just had to throw that out there. ]
SereneShadow chapter 20 . 6/18/2009
That. Was. Beautiful. Seriously, that was one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. All of the characters were constantly in-character, you managed to create a deep romance without the story getting too fluffy, and in the end you made me feel. Therefore, you pwn. I would have liked to see more about what happened to Kurama-but, I'm a stickler for darkness, and there are some things beyond words.

I've read quite a few of your works, and they're all amazing. I enjoyed "Redemption," "Illusion," and "Define Mercy." BUT, this one takes the cake. It was simply wonderful, and I hope you know it.