Reviews for Scars
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
I'm just starting to write Jade Empire fic and found this really inspiring. (I originally found it on the "Jade Sancuary" site- how's that for a blast from the past, eh?) Anyway, the second paragraph of this is worth its (metaphorical) weight in gold. The earthy feel of the whole story fits the characters to a T and is firmly, subtly established. Very professional.
Reklar chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Well, it was certainly a well-written and interesting read, but I guess I just don't appreciate the art of writing enough because I didn't analyze it, I just read the story. Excellent description, fine details and tension, but I didn't notice the techniques explained in the notes, so I'm not the ideal audience apparently. :)

-Reklar
Crazy Joker chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I liked the italic style that you wrote this in. I figured that the italicized parts were flashbacks of Whirlwind himself, and liked how it turned out to be different then what I thought.
JDCorley chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I "got it" with the use of the italics. Although I was expecting a comedy from your forum posts! This is an interesting view of Black Whirlwind's history. To take a basically comedic (if darkly comedic) character like BW and emphasize the darker parts of his background is always intriguing. Good technique, good improvisation with the elements you were given.

I guess I'll just have to wait to find out what the story is behind that public defecation charge! ;)