Reviews for Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure
fhippogriff chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Loved it! An exercise in second person present tense. An English teacher would have been proud.

Ron & Tonks? Errgh. Looking forward to the backstory.
Zephyrical chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I liked that, it was like playing a video game, without graphics, i enjoyed the style. Cant wait for the next read.
le Mat chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Props! I loved the style! Definetley a fic that hasn't had enough exposure yet. Keep writing and you'll get mad reviews. Ya' gots talent so flaunt it. Peace!

Oh, dude! Charmed up Soviet 12.7mm Kord machine gun Harry...

DAMAGE! -manic grin-
Mayjest chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Very well written. I'm certainly interested in seeing what went wrong with everyone else. Ron obviously did something traitorous. I think you hinted both ways about Hermione, that she could be nice or bad. Not sure about everyone else, although you did imply bad things about Tonks. Certainly looking forward to seeing where it all ends up.
harrison potter chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Good, 't wait to see how Harry ended up where he is and not at Hogwarts.
Scrodinger chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Posted to my Yahoo Group:

/Quote:

I am highly reccomending reading author "jbern"'s stories that can be found over on He's currently got two stories out, "To Fight the Coming Darkness," and "Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure," which are both excellent.

TFtCD is a Harry / Susan Bones story, but it's light on the Romance. There is alot of violence and gritty realism to accompany a very well thought out and planned plot. Not to mention plot points I've not read in an HP story before. It has a different take on Lily, so if you're a Lily fan, you probably will not enjoy this fic. I highly encourage to keep an open mind, however, as this story is excellent. There are mentions of RHr (which I hate), but they are few and far between, so do not effect the story very much. There is also some great Tonks character development, and we see many more characters developed as well. This is a Manipulative!Dumbledore story.

BitJ is another Manipulative!Dumbledore story, but with a very different take. If you're a big fan of the Weasley family, this story is not for you. Hermione also makes some interesting choices, but I still have great hope for her! There is some mentioning of RHr, but once again, easily ignored. This looks like it's also going to be a Harry/Luna ship at the very least.

Ships aside, I am highly reccommending BitJ for it's once again unique plot points and well thought out plot. Only one chapter has been released of this story so far, but it looks extremely promising. Not to mention the completely kick-ass title (Jethro Tull rocks!)

So, give the fics for a spin, and let the author know what you think!

Thanks,

Josh

/End Quote

Keep up the good work!

Josh
sirius009 chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
haha i can't wait until they read the next chapter and get the whole WTF feeling i had when i first read it..
80286 chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Pretty good. The perspective took a bit of time to get used to, but I enjoyed it.
2,408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 151 158 159 160 161