Reviews for One Friend to Another
Just A Reviewer chapter 1 . 1/15
Okay. Yes,this story was published nine years ago,but... Could you please write more? I love the way you write and I find very difficult to find Aragorn and Legolas friendship stories with good grammar,spellings and a plot line I like. The ones I do find though,were published 5-10 years ago... And im sure Fred would like you to write more...! But I understand if you don't want to write more.
Thanks
Eltara chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Such a sweet story! Well once all the glorious angst was solved. Especially love the nod to where Eagle's Strider nickname may have originated.
rebecca chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
aww! So cute!
cailinbeag chapter 19 . 1/4/2013
I loved this whole story! You are a brilliant writer and I think you really captured each of the characters perfectly. With the exception that before the forming of The Fellowship Legolas had never been to Rivendell, it all could have happened, which I really enjoy. Cailin x
Always chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
You used all of this valueable space for that one sentence?
Louiseoblique chapter 19 . 5/28/2011
Really excellent! Sorry this is short, I stayed up to read it and I'm zonked. Anyway a very good read
Caelhir chapter 19 . 11/26/2010
Wow, this was truly enjoyable and very very satisfying. You had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Thank you for writing!

Best,

Caelhir
Virodeil chapter 10 . 4/14/2009
Hmm. So Legolas was used to squeeze out information about his father's realm now, eh? That's better... :)

Whoa... Estel was very brave here... LOL I even began to love him very much. But... Arathorn was killed by an orc's arrow, as long as I know, in an orc attack; is this an AU, then?

If Elrond could say that, then it means he knew of something or had a foresight... Was the saying intentional? (about getting worse before bettering)

10/10
Virodeil chapter 9 . 4/13/2009
Hah! So the cliff hanger where Legolas saw the face of an orc meant that he saw it in his mind eye, within his shadowed fea?

Hmm. I don't get the idea why the orcs would make Legolas a ransom for the Elves. Yes, it saved the prince, but what use could he be to the orcs? I thought, when Estel disclosed that particular identity of Legolas, the orcs would just dispose of him, therefore making certain that Thranduil faded from the face of Middle Earth... Orcs are not that dumb, you know, at least from the impression we can extract from the Hobbit. (Well, I suppose orcs and goblins are the same...)

I never saw Legolas' role in the chain you presented here. Once more, you seemed to open the probability I overlooked before. LOL Well done! :D

I still feel unsated from the short chapters, but, if the content continues to be good and intriguing, I think I can handle it. ;)

Virodeil chapter 8 . 4/13/2009
M. Weird. The last cliff hanger did not have any ties with this chapter... :-\ Or did Legolas just see the orc in his 'dream'?

Aww... Estel in peril... I wonder what the outcome would be... His reactions - and actions - fitted his young mind and body, though, despite how badly I wish it otherwise. You did well here, just like the other chapters. I am on to reading the next. :)

Virodeil chapter 7 . 4/13/2009
LOL Yeah! Cliff hanger! I never thought you would give one before... Evil... :P

Estel was very clever for his age. I don't know if this is good or not; I mean, I don't know if this is usual for a five-year-old child... :-\ The adventurous point of view of his was refreshing, though, after the desperate one of the Elven-prinnce. Heh... An Elven-bred pony could be stubby, eh? Weird... but amusing. ;D

Virodeil chapter 6 . 4/13/2009
Wahaha! Estel meant to follow Legolas! :O O_O The plot thickened... LOL I thought the peak of the story had been over... Apparently not. Legolas' rude gesture to Elrond unsettled me, and until now I am torn between justifying his actions or reasoning that a good guest should not shun the host from his lodging. Hmm. I look forward to reading more, anyway.

Virodeil chapter 5 . 4/13/2009
LOL So soon in reconciling? :D Well, I don't want Legolas - or Estel - to suffer more, but so soon? :-\ *shrug* The transition was well-done, though, and the comparisons were all interesting. I was particularly touched when Legolas overheard Estel's plea to follow the twins to their classes... It must be very painful. It was good that Legolas had a good self-control; if not either his dam would break or his anger would arise. :)

By the way, there is one thing from the last chapter (I think) that I forgot to address: I think old wounds (or were they scars?) should not pain one as much as Legolas did. Perhaps you should elaborate some of the wounds and why they tugged at the Elf's muscles/skin for the pain to be real...

Virodeil chapter 4 . 4/13/2009
*scratch head* I forgot to say this... It should be "massage" and not "messege" - or the like of it. :) You lacked several punctuation marks too, especially in the end of dialogues, in these four chapters... But everything else was fine - in this chapter. Legolas coldheartedness, once again, made me wince inwardly, yet, if you had done otherwise, I would protest. ;) You did very well with his emotions. The memories were not vivid - somehhow I wish them otherwise - but they sufficed for the aim. Poor Estel to get such a 'grumpy' instructor... Well, I marvelled at Legolas, at his knowledge, teaching, and the experience behind those all, though. :) The experience was so real; but I don't want to be in Estel's shoes then. LOL And the twins' appearance, the huge picknick basket swinging between them, was hilarious - and unexpected in such an atmosphere!

Virodeil chapter 3 . 4/13/2009
LOL Good ending. Well, more appropriate than good. *wince* I can't say Estel being somehow turned down by Legolas good... Legolas' actions here made the nape of my neck prickle. Heh... Why, though, had the twins not taken notice of the prince's different mood and behaviour before? They had had some time to do so, after all... M.

The little prank was good, by the way. *snicker* Only that, I don't know how a five-year-old boy got such idea. Hmm. Perhaps, because he had lived for about two years with the twins, their prankish nature had rubbed off on him... :P