Reviews for Catharsis
amyblair chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I loved Dean thinking Sam would devour Sarah... something out of Animal Planet. Ha!

I love that Sam has a default setting; Guilt. Awesome!

Liked that Dean would deal. Loved that he told Sam to call Sarah - dating advice? Brother advice. Damn.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
That’s what big brothers do, they fall on their swords for their baby brothers, and they do it without regret. That’s what Dean would do, too.

X

The right thing is never easy, little brother.”

X

Two of my favorite lines above...

Holy smokes...you have a gentle, poetic soul...that's a good thing! A great thing! A thing to hold on to!

This story especially touched me,

Sunshine,

Karen
lady scribe of avandell chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
You're a horrible person for distracting me with this fic when I should be studying for an exam. But I couldn't resist, even though I *knew* I should be studying...

-It would kill him, but he wouldn’t deny his Sammy happiness. He couldn’t. That’s what big brothers do, they fall on their swords for their baby brothers, and they do it without regret.-

Oh my god, how I love that line. It's so essentially Dean, who really and truly is sacrifice incarnate in so very many ways (and I could wax poetic on that, but I'll spare you).

Super-Sammy. Hee. That made me laugh in delight.

I love your take on the whole Asylum story. I just rewatched that episode about a week ago, so that really resonated with me. Very cool.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
Guilt: Sammy’s default setting... couldn't be more true. great job...i hope we at least hear from Sarah this season...great job
Polgana chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
Poor Sammy. Just when things are starting to look good, guilt slaps him up side the head with an emotional sledge hammer. I loved that episode in that it gave us a little more insight to the emotional rollercoaster that Jessica's death created and how Sam was dealing with it. Age old delemma: how long should you grieve? How much is too much or too little? When do you leave the past behind and move on with your life? Nice treatment of a very delicate subject.
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
This makes it thre in a row. Great stuff and even though we are into Season 2 this story brings back good sensations from Provenence in Season 1.

I think your instincts about, insight into, the characters is excellent. Your descriptions of scenes and actions are crisp and clear. I enjoyed this very much and wish I had more time this evening for another selection. Tomorrow, perhaps.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This is wonderful, really. So many parts I like, but the overall *thing* I like, is them figuring stuff out and moving forward as individuals and in their relationship as brothers. It's great :)
ImperialSN chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
This tag was perfect! And I loved the lines you gave both of the brothers... and the new nickname for Sam :p
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I'm with ya on the the musings. Great job. On the flip side.
KatieMalfoy19 chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Great job! I loved this fic! I love sweet comforting Dean! Katie
bessie1 chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Lovely story. I love these kinds of moments between the brothers and you displayed both boys very well. I hope we get more from you soon, Love Bessie
Phx chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I loved this tag! It is perfect - you nailed the brothers characters and logic. It wasn't over written or overly 'emotional' - just the perfect mix. Just like that episode.

My favorite line: "Guilt: Sammy’s default setting." You hit Sam dead on. And Dean. Love the Super-Sammy comment.

Thanks for such a wonderful story.

Phoenix
noname32 chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Good Job!
X5vale chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I love this fic!

I adore the brotherly love! Very good job!
Dashboard-Kid chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
That was good. loved it. haha samantha.

dashboard-kid