Reviews for Breaking the Silence
Great story! Loved it!
marthapreston4 chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
This was nice tribute it was... bittersweet
death-dragonchild chapter 5 . 9/7/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Silverdragonstar chapter 5 . 11/17/2011
This was beautiful and a wonderful tribute to remember someone by. Sorry and condolences to you for the loss of your Grandmother. I truly beleave that those we love never truly leave us. May you feel peace.
Jamieson Zed chapter 5 . 4/30/2011
This was simply an amazing story - very heart-felt, very well-written, and just plain very good! I realize it has been a few years since this was posted, but please allow me to extend my condolences for the loss of your grandmother - it was a beautiful tribute, and I really want to believe in that illusion of our loved ones waiting for us to rejoin them. I loved it.
sammyfish chapter 5 . 4/14/2011
This was beautiful. turly beautiful. I loved the way Snape looked out for Harry, and the descriptions of his help. (That said, I also loved the one-shot...I can't quite decide whether you should have continued this or not. Regardless, this is one of the best continued one-shots I've read). My only criticism would be your second last paragraph - I don't like the cheesy "Snape realised he cared for all his students". It just seems unreal to me, and also a little unecessary? You've made it quite clear that he has cared for Harry, and if he can care for Harry - someone he loathes - it seems almost self-evident he cares for all? Anyway, that said, I loved this story and really appreciate you writing it. I hope you, too have been able to move on with your life :)

xx
EmmaRandomAs chapter 5 . 9/5/2010
i love this story. you have done an amazing job.
lemon drop 7 chapter 5 . 3/15/2009
What an amazing tribute. You truly honor all those who have passed with this story.
supergirl3684 chapter 5 . 2/2/2008
I'm not even sure what to say. I loved your fic! It was so powerful. I had tears running down my face as I read your story. My own grandmother died April 3, 2005. Everything that you wrote are things that I am still going through. The death of a loved one is so hard to deal with let alone come to accept. Almost three years later I'm just now learning that it's ok to smile and live because my grandma is still with me... every day.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story!
ckat44 chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
Ok..I have to tell you..this story is really good. It was actually really hard for me to read even this far though. My dad died three years ago when I was 15 and I have actually forced myself to ignore it and not deal with it and I'm still trying to pretend like it didn't happen. I've never read a story where I felt like it could easily be about me. Thanks for writing this. It means a lot to know that someone understands what I am feeling...through personal experience or just because you have good instincts. I'm getting closer to realizing that I actually have to deal with it and know that I won't forget him and all that.

Snape sat down behind his desk and stared at the wall behind Harry. He seemed to remember his own pain of loss. Silently, he said: “I do.” He looked at Harry. “You are not sure if you want to move on, going on with your life, just like every one else. Afraid that you might forget him, just like the others seemed to do after a few weeks. Scared, that all the memories you hold dear will disappear, just like they seemed to have done by everybody else, leaving you empty and alone. You would rather look at pictures of him the whole day, thinking of him and remembering him. Worrying that he would have been angry if he knew that you forgot how his voice sounded already.”

“I did,” Harry whispered hoarsely.

“Don’t worry,” Snape answered in what was without a doubt a comforting voice. “Everything will come back, but you have to give it some time. I am quite sure that every memory you recall of Sirius is a bad one?”

Harry nodded. “I see him alone, sad and dying.”

That really hit home. It is just SO freakishly perfectly accurate to how I feel even now. In the back of my head I know what Snape/You/My friends are saying is true but i'm not ready to deal with it completely. Wow I'm not sure why I'm telling you this...Umm..Ya know..something really weird..I have always sort of wanted my situation to be put into a fanfic. I have always wanted to write it like this or even maybe live it out with Snape smacking some sense into me. I've read a lot of fanfiction... Yeah so secretly i really want my situation to turn into a fanfic where Snape is always there for the rescue. Unfortunately that can't necessarily happen in real life. So..I'm not sure why I am spilling my life story to you but I just wanted to thank you for writing this. I will save this fic and bring it up every once in awhile..especially when I am in a mood to deal with it. Many people write fics that are just for entertainment but just know that yours affected someone.
Anonau86 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Droevig over uw grandma. Ik mis nog mijn papaver (opa) & stierf hij 12years geleden toen ik enkel een klein meisje was.
B. E. Skrewt chapter 5 . 10/20/2007
This is delicate, honest and beautiful. Thank you.
blackartemis chapter 5 . 6/25/2007
I honestly dont know what to say, this story is magnificent, and your grandmother sounds like a wonderful and wise person. I'm glad this helped with your loss, and I'm very glad you posted this here, my grandmother has grown ill. This story certainly is a fitting tribute to someone you seemed to have loved so much. Amazing job. Keep writing!
BabeGia103 chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
i liked it as a one-shot. it leave much to the imagination. great. i send my regards to the loss of your granmother.
nightslumber17 chapter 5 . 2/23/2007
I loved your story and I share that illusion too. I have lost alot of people in my life and this story helps me remember that they will be waiting for me when i go. its an awsome story thanks for writing it