Reviews for In the Wake of That Which Is Noble
Jadely chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Even though Magus may have been slightly out of character (but who really knows what goes on in his mind anyway), I enjoyed every other part of this. There definitly arn't many stories of this paring, which is too bad. I've always found the relationship interesting.

Sweet, with just the right amount of thought and reflection, and a perfect ending. Good job!
delurk chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Finally, a Marle/Magus fic .

I also thought that Marle/Magus would be interesting, and I wish more people did... IMO I don't really understand the popularity of Magus/Lucca, but nvm. Great story! You didn't make Magus or Marle OOC, which has sometimes happened in other Magus fanfics, and, well, it was just a nice well written one-shot. :D
Nini the Kakashi Obsessed chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
FINALLY! Ugh, I can never find any, let alone a good Magus/Nadia fanfic! You are the first, thank you(: I don't understand why Lucca/Magus is so popular, especially since Lucca is nothing like Schala. Magus would obviously go for Nadia.

This was adorable and I thought you portrayed their personalities very well, even though I believe Magus would be a little more cold than this.

Still, good job, a definite fav(:

-Nini
Marle chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Very nice story. I loved it! Such a rare pairing but it's very interesting when executed. I love it!
maggiekarp chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Ahh, such a well-written bummer. Then again, it suits the characters and the relationship more than a "We love each other tra la la" story. I'm a bit of a Margus fan but this story would be good even if I hated CT.

To folks that think Magus and Marle are related (and get all "incest ew" at the pair): When exactly did he or Schala find the time to make babies? Even if it was through cousins or Magus spreading his Mystic seed, Marle is still about as related to him as Lucca or Crono.

Okay, shouldn't use this for my "NOT INCEST" campaign. Excellent work! I hope to see more from you.
happyunderground chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
"Someone I love, Magus told himself, completing Marleā€™s euphemisms inwardly."

i have to thank you immensely for writing this. i just beat the game again and i too am disappointed that lucca-magus is so popular. that there arent more stories like yours.

youve written an excellent portrayal of unrequited love. i want to read this over again, for so far i believe it may be the only story that may inspire me to write my own.

i enjoyed the instigation of the story, the conversation of their purposes, how she foolishly felt herself a hero and he thought himself selfish.

it was well set up, and wonderfully in character.

thank you, again.
Kasienda chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
You know this is an angle that I had never really considered before. I'm a hopeless romantic and I always want everyone to live happily ever after. And since Marle is obviously taken I never would have considered making someone else (especially Magus) fall in love with her. But it works! And in my opinion way better than a lot of the LuccaxMagus stories that I've read. Often times in those cases I really think both characters (usually Magus more than Lucca) end up out of character. Anyway really liked your short story! Write more!
Fidelius Charm chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Well written. I liked it.

Not saying anything against this pairing, write about whom you like, but wouldn't one figure that Magus is like Marle's great great great great great great great great great great great great great uncle? I mean Marle being decendant from his family line and all. It's almost like incest but so spread apart that it almost isn't. I dunno, just saying.
Almighty God of Paper chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Wow, you really did a good job with this. I normally wouldn't think of them as a couple, but you really seemed to make it work... I can now see why Magus would fall for Marle. I also liked how you illustrated the fact that Magus was indeed confused and scared of these new feelings, since he probably hasn't loved like that in a long time, or even at all.

Once again, great job. I admire how realistic you made this pairing seem.