Reviews for Ageless
ctrlaltdelrey chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Wow that is incredibly deep
Ishie chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I love this story. Finally someone portrayed Rau as something other than just a lunatic. Wonderful job!
Omnicat chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
*sobs* That was so... so... ah, damnit, it was so "..." that I can't find any words to do it justice. *kicks self* And I call myself a writer. Can't string a meaningful sentence together these days. Grr.

Okay, let's try again... I... loved all the small transitions you make throughout the "years". Even bitter, maniacal Rau was young and ignorant and innocent once, even if it didn't last as long as usual. He didn't *have* to turn out the way we saw him in Gundam SEED. I mean, look at Rey. Rey wasn't a genocidal psychopath. Addicted to the attention Gilbert gave him, and willing to commit atrocities in return for it, yes, but that's exactly the point: deep down, the thing he wanted most was hope and love.

And you showed that brilliantly, in all those small disappointments and cold showers, building up and getting worse as the years pass - all those opportunities to show the poor boy compassion and affection, wasted. Especially the meeting with Mwu intrigues me. For some reason, I've always felt that if only they'd gotten the chance, maybe if they'd met and gotten to know each other before Rau's bitterness began to set in, Mwu and Rau might have gotten along pretty well.

After that, I think I loved the eightteen part most. Oh, and the little part about the gloves, because it's a very powerful metaphor. And the parts where his tears turn into a twisted smile... Those were the highlights in a story that was very good overall, in my opinion.

So... *sob* Loved it.
shiloah18 chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
when he entered the army, he stiLL kinda pLayed with soLdiers.. demo, they weren't toys no Longer.. they were breathing & they had Lives.. hmm.. hai.. you got a point there.. poOr Rau.. tOo bad he didn't hear what Kira said to Rey in GSD.. Kira was chiLdish & confused back then in GS.. oh weLL.. suteki oneshot! :)
everwhite chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
This is an artful and skillful take on Rau's life. Good job.
mumyou nanashi chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
(squeals happily)

i'm so thankful to have read a fic such as this. rau doesn't have that many supporters, but it's great to know that what little he does have, knows him inside out.

i loved the bits about him "playing with toy soldiers and picking flowers." it's so simply...profound and complex. (hehe, i know i'm contradicting myself here)

and to have written it all in present tense adds to the over-all dramatic effect.

hope to read more fics from you! particularly about our favorite genocidal psychopath (hard to believe, but it's a fond term i use).

ah, i think i've babble on too much.

allow me once more to say, just how much i love this fic. :D

- nanashi
MapleRose chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
wow. awesome story. I love the structure of it, as well as the word choices.

"when he kills, he smiles, but only because his tears dried up an eternity ago."

I love this line, because it says a lot about his tragic character, or the character that he has become.

"only this time, the soldiers and the flowers die in agonizing screams at his hands"

I love the parallel of that. somewhat morbid (but then again, Rau is kinda morbid in his twisted mind), but cool nonetheless.
GS ROCKS chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Wow, another great creation. This was really good, so deep and meaningful... its not something we think of much but when we do, it's pretty damn sweet. You really nagged it, well obviously, Rau's your man! Anyways, this rocked, you have to write more about Rau, you seem to understand him better than anyone ;)

Too good, plz write more!

Sab
naruto chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
woah! that's crazy cool! it's so good! i hate that show, but the way you wrote the story is amazing! excellent job! it's so nicely written, i really love it. i hope you write the next chapter for the draco and hermione story soon! great job on this onee! :D (i bet you know who wrote this. _)
Slightly Sinister Sinestra chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
(Fangirls happily for ten minutes) Yes, that was great. There are so few really really good Rau fics out there, (there are so few Rau fics full stop) but this is one of them. Amazing! Your writing hits straight home with a raw passion that some others don't. Amazing! Just amazing! (Starts fangirling again)