Reviews for To a Squirrel at Kylenano
BaltoLuver63 chapter 5 . 6/27/2006
Dear Flash-Indie,

I first heard about this fic after checking the favorites of my friend, Maudibeans - who is a fantastic writer, by the by - thinking I'd give this fic try. What could it hurt, right? I expected to find some miss-matched, wishy-washy storyline brewing with half-assed attempts to capute the true emotions of the characters. A fly-by-night fic, if you will.

Well, after reading all five chapters in a single sitting, I can only say this; shit woman, but you really know your stuff.

Your portrayal of the characters is incredibly accurate, down to the finest nuance. I'm astounded that you actually managed to capture their' emotions and personalities after 'transforming' them into human form - a feat that goes bad more often than not I'm afraid. The profanity only adds to the intrigue and depth of the character's personality...especially Sid's, lol.

Quote: "It's like an introduction to the bad-ass side of high school." Very clever, very clever indeed. So blunt...yet so stupidly very much like the Sid we know and love.

Also, Diego happened to grab my attention with "What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?" So like Diego to be so blunt...yet so menacing at the same time. And Diego in a leather jacket reminds me of Al Pacino in a way; he's not necessarily the biggest kid in the playground, but piss him off and he'll explode like nitroglycerine I liked that. It was a nice touch.

I see great things in store for this piece, which, contrary to my innitail impressions, is far from a fly-by-nighter. I can already see Ellie bringing Manny home to study and instead the two end up being terrorized by her twin brothers, Crash and Eddie Blume, whose tendencies to engage in raucus antics with the disregard of a cocaine junkie with a bad case of ADHD (not to mention a lively case of TARETS) are matched only by the chronic stupidity that is none other than Sid's lack of common sense. What a team, the three might make...

I can also see a (hopefully) eventual OC/Diego I'm a sucker for romance, as are a good many of my fans! It's so wonderful to feel loved!

Sorry, I'm rambling. As Maudiebeans could probably tell you - were you only to ask her - I happen to do that a great deal, but rarly try to keep it in check. Life's more fun if you're sparodic in your Sid! LoL.

Anyway...on with the review/praise. With the right angles and a good storyline along with a little Romance and mayhap some action thrown in to spice things up a bit from time to time, this could become an epic among Ice Age fanfiction.

You yourself have great prowess as an author. Take pride, for it is a gift which a large amount of people are blessed with but only a small percentage of truly learn to harness with any effectiveness. Your dialogue is as witty as it is flawless, the story engrosses the reader to the point of near obession. It makes me crave more at this very moment...though I know I must resign myself to wait until you update. In short, keep up the good work. You're doing a fine job of it! Though I hate waiting for updates... Ah, but such is life, I suppose. I can only plead with you to not hold us in suspense, as I've only just read this and it's already killing me! I WANT MORE! NOW!...please?

Until next time, I shall remain your friend, admirer and fellow author,

P.S.: I know this is sort of short notice, but, if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could possibly swing by and have a peek at my friend Maudiebeans' work? I know it would mean a lot to her and if you like Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, I know you'll love her fic! It would make my (not to mention her) day if you did! Thanks for your time, either way!
TalyDelaFuente chapter 5 . 6/17/2006
well im sneaking around reading your story when i should be i just got my nails done so typing sucks, yet im still doing it. isnt that enough to prove i love it?

wish they were longer, but still, the chapters are great.

update soon.
Artimes Emily chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
I really like this story. This is kind of weired, but Diego sounds hot.- I can't wait for more of this story. bye.
Maudiebeans chapter 5 . 6/8/2006
YAY! This is now my most favorite chapter so far XD I laughed so much reading the detention scene. This so totally made my day! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Take care!
Safi Kittykat chapter 5 . 6/8/2006
FINALLY! I have been waiting for this for SO long! You did SO good, you are an awesome writer! I LOVE this story!

I can't WAIT for Crash and Eddie to come in too. I love those guys and i hope you put them in somehow... like Ellie's little twin kindergarden brothers or something, LOL!

so yeah... Great job, PLEASE don't wait as long to update again! I can't wait to see what's going to happen! Diego sitting with Sid and Manny? Manny and Ellie 'studying' together? It's GREAT and i can't wait for you to update! HURRY PLEASE!

-Safi Kittykat
Maudiebeans chapter 4 . 6/4/2006
Its really difficult to make a human-ish world for an all animal cast, but you're story really draws me in! They all keep their qualities and its really cool to picture them as people XD I love how Soto and the others are gang members...leather jackets WOO!

I've been doing a rp based on this idea, I hope you don't mind. The way you write this story really inspires me!
Starkiller chapter 4 . 5/14/2006
*flings arms around author's neck in a very Sid-like manner* My hero! Fourth chap was frequently hilarious and witty as per usual. Can't wait to see where you take this next. Please update soon! ;)
Safi Kittykat chapter 4 . 5/8/2006
i'm starting to actually like some of the characters. i can actually see them as people now and Diego is my age... :) that makes him twice as attractive, lol. PLEASE keep going, this is definately one of my favorites around here!
Funkywatermelon chapter 4 . 5/7/2006
Nice, I have to say, I LOVE how you give Ellie... I can't WAIT to see how you do Crash and Eddie... and Fast Tony too!
Thrayonlosa chapter 4 . 5/7/2006
...I just realized Scratt reminds me of an agonizingly annoying, scrawny kid at my school. Except he's not likeable in the insane way Scratt is.

I'm loving Sid! *snerks* "My hero!" This is better than I thought it'd be- though I'm a bit biased against AU's anywho, but man, I really like this. (And yay, Ellie! You gonna get Crash n' Eddie in there somehows?) I'm very curious as to how this'll work out or where it's going. Adding to the story alert list, yepyep.
sorekai chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
This is soo good, update! (favs)
TurtleGirl chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
I am LOVING this! I was worried that this would be difficult to write but you're making it work beautifully. I just loved your description of Diego:)
Funkywatermelon chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
YAY! ELLIE'S HERE! *giggles* I love how you introduced her. The minute I read green eyes, I knew it was her. I can't wait to see the cuteness between the two of them soon! Keep up the good work!
Starkiller chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
"‘Scratt’ Pizowski is a fuzzy haired Jewish boy" You sent me into a coughing fit over this line XD You have a great wit. As always I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Safi Kittykat chapter 3 . 5/1/2006
Hey, this is a GREAT plot for the story, nice cliffhanger, funny! :) Please keep going!
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »