Reviews for The Truth Of Reality
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
i agree that Organization XIII needs their own spin off. they're too cool to die, in fact i wish i knew enough about the KH timeline to write a story on what happened if sora never recovered and Roxas and the others suceeded.
Jade chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Oh, how can this be put into words. This feeling from reading all your wonderful Kingdom Hearts stories, I suppose it would be sheer happiness. Maybe it just gives me a feeling that someone else has empathy for me, even without knowing who I am. I swear I could watch the teaser trailer for 358/2 days over and over where Roxas leaves, just because it shows Axel in such a different way. I love how you characterize him as not only the villain, but also the hero. You, Vixen, are really one of the greatest writers I have seen and to be able to take such a simple plot and turn it into a whole story (a very good story at that) makes you truly unbelievable. I would love to see more details on Roxas' leaving, and even more stories, but because of your time constraint I can tell it won't happen any time soon. Thank you so much for keeping me up until 1 in the morning, reading your wonderful stories. Oh, and have I mentioned yet that you have one of the greatest senses of humor I have ever seen in any authors? Your other pieces are amazingly funny, repercussions of femininity especially. I can't wait to see what you will do in the future, given so many opportunities to write with these genuine characters. Have a wonderful day, week, month, year, any time at all, and please keep writing. 3
zeowynda312 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
"Um yes, hello? Nomura? There's this writer named Vixen[insert actual name here] and you, sir, would benefit greatly in the future profits of 358/2 days if you let her write the script (or at least part of it). You posed too many damn questions in KH2 and she does a splendid job of answering them in a heartfelt way that will induce floods of tears.

So that phone call didn't actually happen and is physically impossible since I don't think the man speaks English but STILL! I'm betting there's a scene of some sort like this in the game and I'm also betting that you wrote it much better.

This is really heavy stuff full of so much raw emotion. Ironic that they technically aren't capable of that. This is angst at its best. Oh and I love that you made star-gazing Roxas's hobby. It's just the little things like that add so much to the characterization.

And why yes, I pretty much AM going through all your old stories and commenting on them ALL! Oh and fyi, I don't review something unless it really grabs my attention and it's WORTH reviewing.
CrimsonEyedAngel99 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Wow, that was an original take on the tiny little scene from KH2... You've done a glorious job with the last five paragraphs in helping the story come to an end that seems like, well, an END. You've also done a terrific job with descriptions (the "verbal waltz" in particular) of how the characters are acting (or manipulating as the case may be).

...I agree that the Organization has way too much characterization and needs their own game. Why can't SQEX/Nomura see it that way? *sigh* I don't think you should continue this oneshot, though you probably could, because it leaves the reader wanting more about Axel and Roxas but doesn't tell them more, like the game did.
Queen Sparkle chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Make it a chapter story! Please!1 Ok, you're probably getting sick of me constantly reviewing. But please write more! Ok, i'll stop use exclamation points, sorry i'm overly hyper all the time. this is really good, you absolutly have to add more! (you really don't have to but I want you to) now really gotta go so bye!
Cursiveismything chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Aw...That brought a tear to my eye. Very touching and sweet, with that touch of the eternal question: What is my purpose on this earth? I loved it.
Mousewolf chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
...christ. Remind me again why I never read this one? Coz I'm dumb. That's right...

Damn Axel. You'd think he'd learn not to get so caught up in things...

"No-one would miss me."

And so hangeth the noose from which our favourite pyro is hung, huh?
sotf4 chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Wow. Just, wow.

As much as I love your comedy, your angst is beautiful. Your wording is great, and the imagery vivid. Not only that, but the conversation was focused, and Roxas was driving to his point. Qutie often in fics, the subject meanders a lot, and you just suddenly stumble across the point of the story (I am guilty of this). And when he made it, it was blunt and full of emotion, and so terribly true. You nailed Axel dead on. He tries to hard to be cool and collected, but when something this important comes up, he stumbles and chokes on his words. And I really liked how you described his sigh as 'mangled'. Kind of a minor thing, but it just struck me as a perfect phrase. I would have never thought of it.

The only thing I can think of suggesting is to not be afraid of using weaker adjectives, like 'hot' or 'cold' or 'sadly'. They have their place too, and don't feel it's boorish to use them. Sometimes, things are just not that striking, and weaker words perfectly convey that image. It's great that you have a fantastic vocabulary (I'm a little jealous, actually), just don't let it take over.

Great, great story. INSTANT FAV!
Ryfee chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
oh GAWDNESSHH. this is uber-deep!

/ srsly, me lovin this.

this is just... so sweet. i dunno,

i rly can't explain, hahahaha.

“What’s our point? We take life, but we’re not alive. We thrive off hearts, yet we have none to call our own."

- oh, i so LOVED that line! n_n

uber awesome, rly. so deep xD

i love deep plots that make you think over&over.

coz pointless ficts are... lame. nuff said. xD

&& this is very well written, i rly liked it.

(: ~ great job! & about making a chaptered one..

well, i'll be looking forward to it! D

3 : FELIA.
Luna-Starr chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
I liked it alot! Your descriptions and stuff were amazing, and I liked the way you made their friendship simply that; a really strong FRIENDSHIP. And you pin-pointed Roxas and Axel's character w/o making it OOC. :: Usually its, OMG, ROXAS AND AXEL MAKEOUTSORS! Ahem...:: They were 2 of my favorites in the game too, and I agree w/ them having a soul more than the others. And thanks for the review on Tainted! I liked Sora, but I really liked Riku and felt bad for him and how Kairi rejected him...
Following Padfoot's Pawprints chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Sad... I like how you wrote it though. It's wonderful.

~Padfoot
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
The two had quite a bond that is easily seen durring Roxas' part of the game. But this fic makes it a 100X clearer. This could a reason why Roxas left, or maybe part of it.
wyrd chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Wow, I liked the amount of emotion you put into this, especially considering these two supposedly feel nothing. Very good dialogue- I liked how realistic it was.

It was cute and sad how they were trying to find out about each others' pasts without wanting to talk about their own. I imagine even thiking about their deaths would be unbelievably painful. Speaking of which, now you've got me intrigued about Axel's demise! What about the gunshot wound?

I love the observation that Roxas still has a heart. He really does, it just doesn't reside in him.

The first spoken lines were hilarious. "I'm glad you're dead, too," indeed!

My favorite line, however, is the last one. When he said it in the game, I was bowled over by the emotion in it; you caught it all! Good job!

Hm, it would be really cool if this became a multi-chapter story... I'd love to see how you would develop their friendship, seeing how Square and Disney didn't really.

Wonderful job, and have a great week! Ja ne!
Jedi Vegeta chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Excellent story! I loved how you wrote Roxas and Axel as well. Nice. I wish Roxas had heard Axelin the end! :( . And I wish more that Axel lived (grr)...but...

Reading this was certainly a breath of fresh air! :) lol!

Loved it.

Keep it up!
linear cloud chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
First off, Yay! You're back! I was just thinking of you about a week or so ago. I didn't read the next chapter of Flaming Shadows yet, but I did read your notes at the bottom. I'm just glad things are finally getting better for you.

As far as the game was concerned, I was thinking the same thing about Axel and Roxas, more so about Axel. I mean, from the interviews I read about what Nomura said about Axel, I thought it would have been a lot more about him. I was a little disappointed.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this. It showed me how much I’ve missed your writing. I think it does well as a oneshot, but I wouldn't complain if you made it into more than that.