Reviews for Burning Bridges
Nips chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
I really wasn't expecting to see a S3/S5 crossover with these two characters at all, so this was a nice surprise. I love seeing two strategists facing off like this! When I realized that Lucretia was testing Albert on more than just military tactics, I had to break out into a smile. Nice job portraying that. I also like the little throwbacks and references included in here, such as the "don't insult Falenas" bit and Albert's ominous second strategy. Overall, a great piece of work. I look forward to more frmo you.
Ormiss chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Stories like these remind me of how much I love dialogue and strategy. When they combine, it makes for delicious politics. :) It was a very entertaining story, and roused various feelings of excitement and irritation (the latter towards Albert.) The personalities of the two were captured excellently, as well.

I was hoping, though, that Lucretia would "let slip" a paper at the very end that had actually predicted and counteracted all of his ruthless methods; I would have found that very satisfying. :) The conversation also sets up a desire (in me, at least) to see a real battle between Albert and Lucretia in "present" time. Which, if I had my way, Lucretia would win...

All in all, ten minutes well spent.
Shang chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Now this a rare find! Suikoden V is possibly my favorite of the series. I do so hope you decide to continue this fic.
UraniumKnight chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Holy crap on a pita, was this good.

I'd kill to see this continued, no doubt.
kissdbyachainsaw chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
This is such a glorious concept, and you did it mad justice. I love how they were both so in-character. Albert's a badass.
Athena chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I just *knew* you were writing this, and it still impresses the socks off me. I love the scenario and the intricacies of strategy you injected into the story.

The little things were also very well done. The fact that Albert continuously noted how pretty Lucretia amused me greatly. And the lack of use of Albert's name was notable - I enjoyed the conversation revolving around it near the end.

Albert's plans for the second task left an ominous feeling that can be easily connected to his actions ten years later. "Ruthlessness" really doesn't begin to describe it - the fact that he was enjoying Lucretia's reaction made my gut twist a little.

Tying that back into the ending, I was happy to see that Lucretia noted that he's only a student and a child. I guess it eased my mind in some odd way. I'm weird, though.

... It's too bad we all know Albert turned into a ruthless jerk. *coughs*

Great job. I love how you put Albert and Lucretia in such a plausible way.