Reviews for Human frailty
Vonsaire chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I love the thought you put into this. I think it is nice to see a serious side of the parents and to contemplate the relationships.
Martin III chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
A superb effort to delve into the complex dynamic of the Natsume family, though the results are a bit mixed. As others have pointed out, Kyusaku just showing up in Akiko's office needs a fair deal of explanation. In fact, the whole second scene is rather contrived; Kyusaku and Akiko are both far too honest and forthright with each other, especially given how they act in the OVA.

Nonetheless, the insight on the natural behavior of children is strong and realistic, and I like how Ryunosuke and Akiko are portrayed in the first scene. The story would have benefited from such things as more showing the comparative relationships Ryunosuke has with Nuku Nuku and with his parents rather than telling it, but this is a good honest effort which handles the emotions of the Natsume family with genuine sensitivity. Nice work overall, and I hope that we'll eventually see more Nuku Nuku fic from you.
Evil Riggs chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Falls into the usual pits of navel-gazing, but it's better than most.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
While I can imagine Akiko's husband being able to sneak past security (he likely INVENTED the security system for the place) a explaination in-story is needed to help suspend the disbelief for this long over due kind hearted talk between the two parents.

Couple grammar and spelling mistakes but nothing serious.

I could say how Nuku is ignorant of her affect that way of 'her' parents, but on the other hand, just how many writers BOTHER to write anything that doesn't have to do with the android trying to figure herself out?

While a -tad- pointless, it shows how things are likely to progress, and Akiko's and Kyu comments about their child are realistic. Not bad at all for a 'misery loves company' fic.
Tokyo Fox chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
It's GOOD but it could've had a bit more depth. But it could've used a bit more conversation and more deapth on the reason that Kyo would let Ryo visit his mom in the first place and why Ak and Ky got together for and Ak saying something to Ky about him being there would not been amiss and other little things like that...

Nothing that is hurting the fic mind you but could've made it a bit better.