Reviews for Which of you conjured the Dark Mark?
notjustme22 chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
that was very nice. your portrayal of every of the characters is really plausible. I especially liked how you show Narcissa as real person - though on that point it helps, that I don't like the Weasleys very much myself. oh, and of course it's quite fittig Molly to be the only one who believed in "severals bodies" :-)
icansoar chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
Oh this was lovely. You're really good at conscious stream of thought and I enjoyed the parallels in all 3 point of views - the fact that they all thought it was Sirius and believed Lucius had killed at least one person.
sleepy queens chapter 3 . 8/16/2009
Woah, this is awesome. The parallels between the three characters is amazing! Great job!
snarky Beth chapter 3 . 2/18/2008
Wow, this story was really interesting to read! I really don't care for the Malfoys, but aside from that, Molly and Severus's point of veiws were really fun and interesting to read. Great work! This was an interesting idea and you did it so well.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 3 . 6/11/2007
Very interesting piece. I liked the parallels you drew between Narcissa and Molly; the two of them are completely different and yet had the same thoughts after reading the Prophet's report. I also found it interesting that Narcissa, Molly, and Severus all came to the same conclusion as to who had cast the Dark Mark, though to anyone other than Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore that would have been the obvious answer, wouldn't it? Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more from you soon.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Great story. I like it. One thing only:in engish it's Romania not Rumania.
Prieda Solo chapter 3 . 3/2/2007
Brillient.

''back in the Shrieking Shack with Black and Lupin and the Potter-clone'' YES, that is what I have always thought must have got snape more than anything. And then when Lupin does his schoolboy-gredge thing he's obviously forgetting what happened the last time Black Lupin potter and snape were at the shrieking shack, which was that Snape nearly got eaten. It's the wrong Potter this time, but none of them seem to realise that.

this chapter was amazing. I do love all the little nods back to snapes time at hogwarts. And I'm not convinced that he fancied lilly, but you write it really, really well you've half convinced me.
Prieda Solo chapter 2 . 3/2/2007
Oh, lovely. You do write Molly Weasley so well, and she's a nice little break from the permanent dark snide nastiness of practically everyone else...

Havning said that, i can't wait to read Snapes.
elven maiden chapter 3 . 2/27/2007
Ha Ha the parallels are great. Everyone is perfectly characterized...even Snape as a typical sex obsessed guy worked
elven maiden chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
I adore your portrayal of Narcissa. Brilliant. I can just visualize her through this.
Bagge chapter 3 . 9/23/2006
The third breakfast, the third one to worry. It must be Sirius. It must be a single madman, because HE can't truly be back...

That little line about Edgar Bones was a very Slytherin piece of dinner conversation. Innocent on the surface, but with tons of hidden meaning.

Ha! Snape and Karkaroff telled on each other. How wonderfully fitting!

Dirty and filthy, Snape's thoughts about Narcissa, his dreams about Lily. No love for this man.

The end realization, why Snape really held back in the Shrieking Shack, is a highly probable explanation. He doesn't dare to risk Harry's life, not when Dumbledore trusts him.

I must say that this is one of my favourites of your fics. The repeated theme - the breakfast, the newspaper and the fear - from those three different perspectives was very well handled, and somehow works as an introduction to the events we know will come. There is a war brewing, and this very morning three persons - one bystander of each side, and one soldier who is very involved on both sides - understands just how close the war is.
Bagge chapter 2 . 9/23/2006
The rivality is answered. Molly might have her seven children, but Narcissa is bathing in money. Jelousity! I wouldn't be surprised if these two get into a fistfight one of these days as well...

Gnome-catching cats, trying to get three family meals out of a single chicken, keeping peace between her children, worrying about the twin's grades - that's those little tasks that that a mother has to deal with, and you describe them really well.

I love Molly's musings about Luna. "Luna is ... different ... but she’s a clever little thing..." I would be surprised if she didn't at least try to act a bit as a surrogate mother for the Lovegood child after her mother's death. Come to think of it, their interaction is well worth a fic...

"The twins might laugh about Percy’s report on cauldron bottoms, but Percy has a bright future in front of him ..." - I really hope he has. Percy's bad luck in choise of bosses must be rather historical, but still he seems to manage. So far, anyway.

"no news is good news, no news is good news, no news is good news ..." - different as they might be, Narcissa and Molly share the very same fear right now - and so will they do for quite some mornings to come.
Bagge chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
" all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford ..." - you caught the emotions behind that comment masterfully. How it must pain Narcissa to have had only one son despite all her efforts - and that final effort that was rewarded with Draco was very true to your style - in face of Molly's endless brood of little blood traitor ruffians. That SOW... Jeousity is speeking. After that first meeting in St Mungos, with Mollys helpfull comment about teething, their can never be anything but enemity between those two women.

So this is what she feels, the wife of the death eater, when she reads the paper about the latest raid and hope that her husband will come home, eventually. She will have a lot more worried mornings in the time that comes... Well caught scene from the Malfoy point of view.

Of course spoiled Draco got all the players autographs. Fine little detail.
Anna Mette chapter 3 . 6/26/2006
Good story. I liked the two first chapters best, they fit very well together: two mothers worrying for their family - Snape, not being a mother :-), was an outsider.

The comparison of Narcissa and Molly was very well done, rich, single mother compared to a not-so-well-off mother to seven. And the two opposite views on the scene in sct. Mungos was very funny.

And they are all ready to blame Sirius Black -
cecelle chapter 3 . 5/4/2006
pusillanimous - hey, I learned a new word! :-)

I'm just sad for Snape here. There is so little in his life that is *good*. His one friendship barely qualifies as that - he and Lucius both know he is not an equal.

So you think that Snape never accepted that Pettigrew is the culprit, even after several witnesses confirmed that Pettigrew is indeed alive? That he really does believe the trio was Confunded?
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »