Reviews for Lifeline
AtreidesHeir chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
“Jimmy?”

“Yeah”

“Why am I tied to you?”

OMG that root beer was bound to stain my god awful ugly-ass couch with girly blue and pink flowers someday. Now it kind of looks like some of the flowers have wilted:) Love this. Love those last lines. Genius. G-E-N-I-U-S.
Geneva Lee chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
Hahaha, such a House comment. I love it.
House Calls chapter 2 . 5/22/2006
I really like how you've filled in some of the blanks for "The Contract". Good job . . . good way of getting into House's head and Wilson's, too.
DIY Sheep chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
'Everbody lies'- clever, hoist on his own petard.

But I can explain the "You just looked down." thingamie.

1. Troops was typing with a duff hand and got the quotation marks a bit screwed up.

2. Here is the same scene from The K - it might explain it (slightly different, but still the same gist).

“How many years have you known me - I like strawberry…” House was about to continue, but he never got to finish his sentence. Wilson grabbed him and pulled him into a giant hug. Customers watched in amazement as the thick shake was crushed between the two men.

Eventually Wilson pulled away. House looked down at the crushed container, tilted his head and said: “not so good now huh.”

Wilson grabbed the shake and upended the remaining dregs onto Greg’s head.

“You big limping twerp,” he said happily as he watched the chocolately sludge dribble down House’s face.

But then Wilson paused for a second and looked thoughtful. “You came back… Hang on,” he said pointing a finger at House, with House there was always a reason. “Why did you decide to come back?”

House looked down at his shoes. “Well,” he trailed off as if searching for an answer. “You… were looking a bit down,” he said hopefully, totally evading the question.

Wilson put his hands on his hips, shook his head and sighed:

Typical fucking House.
MumsTheWord chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
nice 'short' chap, love the beginning and the use of House's own quote.

Hope your fingers feel better soon! lol

MumsTheWord
Caerulea chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
I liked this chapter a lot, because of the insight into House's mental turmoil. I loved the absurdity that it was a little, mundane shock (the milkshake) that surprised House out of his self-imposed catatonic state. "The Contract" is one of my all-time favourite stories so I can't thank you enough for presenting it all over again from a different set of angles for us to enjoy. I don't know that I have ever seen a fanfic based on another fanfic before ;-)
Angelfirenze chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
Whe! That was adorable! I mean, yeah, they went to McDeath, but I can let that slide. The cuteness of House, sane or not so sane, more than makes up for that. He's awesome. You win at life.
thebondgirl chapter 10 . 5/22/2006
hey there! hm, my condolensces to your taped fingers - i'm surprised that you did any typing at all! hats off to ya!:) good chapter, though i'm a little confused about this little section:

-“Wait a second why did you come back?”

Because if I hit you with my cane for giving me a chocolate shake you wouldn’t have learned your lesson,” You just looked down.” Yeah, that’ll work.-

if you have time, it'd be nice if you could sorta explain what you meant there, just to clear it up. aside from that, great job, and i'm looking forward to your next update!:):)
Geneva Lee chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
Awesome chapter. I love Clarence!
teacrumb chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Ah! What is going on? I am intrigued...
AtreidesHeir chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
Again you have left me nearly speechless (I said nearly...LOL). This story just keeps geting better and better and still has the ability to break my heart. Please keep writing and update soon.
Sara Wolfe chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
I love this story. I'm on my second read-through, now. It's wonderful.
Angelfirenze chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
That was fulfilling. I love reading the few good fics on this site. But, seriously, House's parents find out about this, right? Or are they dead by now. That would really suck; particularly if they each died having no idea what happened to their only child. *bats eyelashes at you* Please?
XxPyromaniacxX chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
i like that chapter

"House shuffled over to Clarence, poked him sharply in the stomach and shuffled off."

aw, that's so cute...yet sad

poor house :(

update soon ;)
DIY Sheep chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
Another excellent chapter. Here's to more rain.
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »