Reviews for Call Ahead
sams1ra chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Wow. Awesome. I really don't have anything more to add to that. (I want more...)
bjxmas chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Wow! That was really different but really good. It breaks your heart to realize how much Dean missed Sam but how disconnected they were for those two years.

Dean in the hospital with John and an empty chair, what a tragedy!

Great job!

B.J.
Latanya Kassidy chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Another great story. Man, you really churn 'em out dont ya. I always love a good Dean fic. Keep 'em coming :)

L.K.
Aira Silver chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Liked the way you wrote this story. Seems exactly like something Dean would do.
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
AW Poor Dean. If he needs someone to call he can call me! I'll pickup the phone anytime...day or night! LOL Hell he can even come over without calling I don't care. *smirks* OHH yeah baby AC/DC is on the radio. *starts headbangin* . OK thats it I'm officially nuts and am checking myself into the asylum.

ps...great fanfic as usual. look forward to anything & everything you write about the boys.
deantastic chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
So THAT'S what happened before the camera started rolling :) Loved it as usual :)
Erileen chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
That is one of the most amazing one shots I've ever read.

Wow - all I can say is that you're such a talented writer, and this is an awesome story. You had my heart aching more and more for Dean with each sentence I read.
Kirsten Z chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Damn! You made me cry.
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Aw, so sad. Both of them so stubborn and not calling. I can understand Sam not calling John, but yeah, he should have kept in touch with Dean. On the other hand, Dean could have sent a card or something. To be honest, my own brother moved to CA a couple of years ago and though we are close I haven't been able to visit him. But we do call sometimes-we're both just busy. Anyway, nice one-shot and I look forward to your next story :)
Lisette chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Great ficlet, as always - but a quick question. Why have I seen so many people list Sam as only being gone for two years? College takes four years (generally public schooling from ages 6 - 18, and college from ages 18 - 22), and if Sam is now 22 years old and just getting his results from the LSAT, that would put him in his fourth year at Stanford. This means that he was in college and away from the family for four years, not two... or am I missing something? Please let me know, because that would clear up a ton of confusion!

And of course, nice to be seeing anything from you! Wonderful work!
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Heartbreaking. I don't think I can ever forgive Sam for treating Dean that way. I'm more like Sam than I'd like to admit. I got the hell outta Dodge as fast I could, but I always return letters and phone calls, because people are part of us, no matter if it's part we want to forget. Poor Dean. great story.

HT
irismay42 chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Goddammit Sam needs to give Dean a hug after all that!

Numbers usually make my brain go blurgh so well done for writing a story where they didn't. The 'happy birthday' line had me reaching for the tissues...

I often wondered about that line in the pilot 'If I'd have called would you have picked up?' and how two people who were obviously so close as kids could have not spoken for two years.

Also makes you wonder, if Sam had been at college for three (? four?) years, why they spoke the two years previous to that and why they'd not spoken since.

Thanks for making me use my brain today anyway!
Isobel Swan chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
O it breaks by heart that Dean is so lonely.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Excellent.
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Very nice, Penny. Poor Dean. The line about the empty hospital chair really hit me hard.

Thanks for sharing,