Reviews for The Fall of Gondolin
KronosTitanlord chapter 1 . 1/19
Has you considered becoming Novelist? this is so good
MisoaUzuki chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Honestly speaking I loved Ecthelion part more than Glorfindel. I loved how you made him smiled at the face of death:)
Gismo chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Wow! You changed quite a bit, but it was still a wonderful story to read!

I am a bit confused by the symbol on the head-band of Ecthelion: the sun and two mountains. I suppose that it is the symbol of his House? I always imagined it to be a fountain... I do like the idea of Glorfindel finding it and that he realises that his friend is no more.

I had a bit of difficulty to picture the whole Balrog scene in the secret passageway. Not the battle itself, but the surroundings had me wondering. A bridge? I always imagined it to be a tunnel leading from the Amon Gwareth (the rocky hill on which Gondolin was built) to the valley of Tumladen. How else could it be secret? A bridge would be seen, even by Maeglin.

Well, other then that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. And I agree with the reviewer below me: there can never be too much Glorfindel in a story! He's my favourite Elf too!

Thank you for writing this great story about the Fall of Gondolin!
GabrielSilk chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Too much Glorfindel? There can _never_ be too much Glorfindel! I liked the bit with Ecthelion particularly (especially so since my "uncle" - a guy in my maths class - keeps insisting that he is the reincarnated version of Gothmog), it and Glorfindel's death completely capture the image of their deaths as I had imagined them, though I always imagined it as Glorfindel kinda wrestling the Balrog over the edge. Never mind... _ I'm just so happy that someone did a Glorfindel story! Do you believe the theory that the Glorfindels from Gondolin and Imladris were the same? I like to, particularly due to the bit Tolkien wrote about Glorfindel coming with Gandalf from Valinor, it makes me think that Glorfindel was released from Mandos and was sent with the Istari. I'm probably scaring you now, most of my friends run off when I start talking about Glorfindel or Finrod Felagund. I tend to rant on about them and how great they were for hours. Anywho, namárie!
Agent Motiel chapter 1 . 4/21/2006