Reviews for A Path I Must Follow
serene saber chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
You surprised me. Given that this fic of yours was written roughly 6 years ago, I didn't expect you to still remember about it. And to reply my favorite notice. You're an odd one, aren't you? *grins* I'm embarrassed to admit, you've drawn me back to review for you. *blushes*

I like this fic because it feels real to me. You've showed that Koumyou was just a normal human being after all, afraid of death and capable of anger and bitterness. He was not just a two-dimensional gentle, serene, shining pure monk who happened to be Genjo Sanzo's most beloved master. You've made me think that this was actually canon, because, yeah, our Sanzo could only love someone as /real/ as that. He cared none for Buddha.

On a side note, your Koumyou reminded me of Sai from Hikaru no Go - do you read this manga? Sai, like Koumyou, had also realized that he soon would be forced to depart, leaving the one he loved behind. The conflicting feelings Sai had weren't unlike the feelings your Koumyou had. So it brings back to me memories. :D

And really, I can't even recall who Ukoku was. I only read Gensomaden and a little Gaiden, and that was a long time ago. I'm just dropping by this fandom today on a whim, wanting to seek something emotionally deep. So you can be assured that I'm totally ignorant to any inconsistencies you had. XD

Thanks for writing this oneshot. I really liked it.

San
Odinsdragondaughter chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Wow. This one is simply beautiful. Color me impressed. _
Free As A Bird chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
I have to agree with you that it's an interesting story. You've made me go back and reread that part of Burial. In doing so, though, I noticed that Kouryuu's already four when Koumyou first meets Ken'yuu. So Ukoku wouldn't have been around when Kouryuu was a baby.

I don't really think that the Sanbutsushin would reveal so much (or any) of the future, even if it is in regard to a reincarnated god. And honestly, I just can't see Ukoku and Koumyou as a couple. Nor does Ukoku seem the type to brush someone's hair. But that's just my opinion, and I won't waste more space here delving into their relationship.

I will, however, agree that Koumyou's anger would indeed be a sight to behold. That's actually interesting to think about. And your fic has given me several things to ponder. Why do all the plot bunnies start to sneak up on me when I have no time to pay attention to them all?

Anyway, good stuff. I'm not surprised. I should've stalked you from Youtube long ago. XD
missionX chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
A real insight into the story that made me think about Genjo Sanzo in a different way.
San-chan chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Wow...

Here's a new perspective on the training of Sanzo/death of Koumyou...
Meicdon13 chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
really nice! it really gave me an insight into a side of Komyou I never imagined possible.

Emi