Reviews for To Face the Wolf
DGtnsl chapter 17 . 7/8
Finrod's pretty good at the philosophical bit, and he makes good points. The idea of using the Time Turner is genius by the way!
Snape, doesn't like Fingon, but wants to see if he turns into a werewolf, and is personally offended that Fingon would 'throw away' the effort he made in keeping him alive. It would be funny if the full moon passed and Fingon didn't change. Would that support the idea that he is a fictional character in their world, or would they put it down to a difference in werewolves and Eldar physiology I wonder?
DGtnsl chapter 11 . 7/8
oh. my. god. I've been wondering how an encounter between Finrod and an dementor would happen ever since he first sensed their presence and it was obvious he would still go to the Forest despite what the wizards wanted. But holy crap! At least he talked to Sirius.
A bit from Crookshank's pov! That was fun to read. Write more from his view?
DGtnsl chapter 4 . 7/8
Hermione?! Quite a feat of accidental magic, girl! Finrod is looking suspiciously on the world now, if the stars had been different, he might have actually been a little more at ease and started working on how to get back to the Arda he knew. But now... I wonder how things will go from here.
Lol, Crookshanks and Sirius. "Something dubious" indeed.
DGtnsl chapter 3 . 7/8
And there is a glaring difference between Sauron's werewolves and magical world werewolves. Finrod is certainly learning lots of things! Good thing Dobby showed up and thus prompted Poppy to talk about all the different species in the HP verse. Finrod will have more vocabulary and an idea of what species the world has. I wonder if he'll find a creature close to the Noldo elves somewhere in there.
Alizes chapter 18 . 7/5
That was very good! A pleasure to read.
London Knight .
Oh this is good & a bit different - I guess he doesn't have pointed ears like Elves in LOTRs Films , which would be a dead giveaway ?

I was half expecting Snape after hearing Finrod's name , to return & slam a copy of The Silmarillion down on the bedside table ! Lol X-D

Look forward to the rest of story . LK out .
Kelana-ti chapter 18 . 1/26
I loved this very much. :) I always liked Finrod, and was sad when he died, but it was a good and honorable death (greater love has no one then this; that one would lay down his life for his friends). And after all, death is merely the beginning of another adventure. One Finrod had to take.
Your writing was well done, and a joy to read. Lovely dialogue. Finrod posing as Snape was great, and the conversation about time in this chapter was rather amusing. :) Thanks for the story!
Guest chapter 18 . 11/3/2016
Well I found this story by a recommandation on TVTropes and I love it! I really like the atmosphere, and the scenes in the forbidden forest. I would have never imagined such a crossover and yet it worked really well!
Random number generator chapter 5 . 5/8/2016
Yes, I am reading it. About decade after publication.
dreamflower02 chapter 18 . 3/31/2016
The ding was as perfect this time as it was the first time I read it for the MEFAs years ago.

A beautiful and elegant crossover, moving and clever, I have always enjoyed stories that take a detour from canon to explore the characters before returning to the main road of the source. Difficult enough to manage it with one universe, much less two.

Thank you for such a lovely story of friendship and sacrifice, which is, after what both tales were about.
Some Flautist chapter 18 . 3/30/2016
Only 9 years and seven months after the last chapter of the story was published, do I discover it, haha. I highly doubt that the author of this fic will see my review after so long, but for those who stumbled upon this story and looked into the reviews out of curiosity, I would like to say that this piece of excellent writing is a very rare treat that is particularly hard to come by on this site. Especially in the crossover section.
The characters were all very well written, and I very much appreciated the intricacy and delicacy of the author's writing style! I definitely recommend this for reading! (Unless you have not read all the HP Books and the Silmarillion in case you don't want to get spoiled! ;))
Raven3182 chapter 18 . 1/22/2016
This story is simply brilliant! It's beautiful. I think you captured the inevitable sadness tinged with hope that permeates Tolkein so very well. I loved this story very much. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/17/2015
This is a wonderful story! Finrod's encounter with the Whomping Willow is absolutely brilliant. I loved it enough in the previous chapter, but "Has no one informed the willow it's whomping in vain now?" has to be one of the best sentences ever written. :)

Thanks!
RuneRuthie chapter 18 . 6/5/2015
I LOVE this story! I love how you portraied the characters; I love the way you fit the two world together without unlikely occurance; I love your reflections on the more serious topics; and many many other things of your story. The story is just wonderful! Lots of thanks to you!

I know that my words can't express half of your brilliance, but I feel that I cannot leave without thanking you.

So thank you again, and I'm off now to read your other stories XD
arsehattery chapter 18 . 3/8/2015
This is bloody brilliant. I love this so much, it's one of my favourite fics. Ever. I love the dialogue, and Finrod's character, and all the descriptions, and all of Remus and Finrod's conversations, and just about everything. Great job.