Reviews for To Face the Wolf
Anduniela chapter 18 . 12/7/2017
Well, I know it's an old story & you're probably not around anymore, but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed it. I don't usually read crossovers, and actually came to read this one out of sheer disbelief that it could be anything else than a crack fic. But I stayed for the outstanding plot, spot-on characterization (including remembering how childish 13-year-old Hermione still was), and the smart way of crossing over those two very different verses.
NatNicole chapter 18 . 11/25/2017
Except for the bit about pathetic & disgusting Ophelia (I despise her more than I do canon Snape & Wormtail. although she's barely a character, coz the Ophelia mentioned in this fic is even more repulsive to me than those 2 Death Eaters put together), I LOVE THIS FIC! It's well-written, intriguing, cleverly creative & (almost) each character is very likable in some way yet they also feel human. *grins like a young Sirius* You're a GENIUS!
GuesssWho chapter 13 . 11/14/2017
Dear old Oscar Wilde :D
MaironsMaid chapter 9 . 10/30/2017
Hey ;)
First, I absolutely enjoy this story and want to know what is next to happen.(urgh! I have terrible English skills :( )
And Second: Snape is right. This Tolkien books are quite dangerous! Hermione maybe plan to kingslay whole Hogwarts because of ...ehh..maybe ...the philosopher's stone! XD
DGtnsl chapter 17 . 7/8/2017
Finrod's pretty good at the philosophical bit, and he makes good points. The idea of using the Time Turner is genius by the way!
Snape, doesn't like Fingon, but wants to see if he turns into a werewolf, and is personally offended that Fingon would 'throw away' the effort he made in keeping him alive. It would be funny if the full moon passed and Fingon didn't change. Would that support the idea that he is a fictional character in their world, or would they put it down to a difference in werewolves and Eldar physiology I wonder?
DGtnsl chapter 11 . 7/8/2017
oh. my. god. I've been wondering how an encounter between Finrod and an dementor would happen ever since he first sensed their presence and it was obvious he would still go to the Forest despite what the wizards wanted. But holy crap! At least he talked to Sirius.
A bit from Crookshank's pov! That was fun to read. Write more from his view?
DGtnsl chapter 4 . 7/8/2017
Hermione?! Quite a feat of accidental magic, girl! Finrod is looking suspiciously on the world now, if the stars had been different, he might have actually been a little more at ease and started working on how to get back to the Arda he knew. But now... I wonder how things will go from here.
Lol, Crookshanks and Sirius. "Something dubious" indeed.
DGtnsl chapter 3 . 7/8/2017
And there is a glaring difference between Sauron's werewolves and magical world werewolves. Finrod is certainly learning lots of things! Good thing Dobby showed up and thus prompted Poppy to talk about all the different species in the HP verse. Finrod will have more vocabulary and an idea of what species the world has. I wonder if he'll find a creature close to the Noldo elves somewhere in there.
Alizes chapter 18 . 7/5/2017
That was very good! A pleasure to read.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/16/2017
London Knight .
Oh this is good & a bit different - I guess he doesn't have pointed ears like Elves in LOTRs Films , which would be a dead giveaway ?

I was half expecting Snape after hearing Finrod's name , to return & slam a copy of The Silmarillion down on the bedside table ! Lol X-D

Look forward to the rest of story . LK out .
Kelana-ti chapter 18 . 1/26/2017
I loved this very much. :) I always liked Finrod, and was sad when he died, but it was a good and honorable death (greater love has no one then this; that one would lay down his life for his friends). And after all, death is merely the beginning of another adventure. One Finrod had to take.
Your writing was well done, and a joy to read. Lovely dialogue. Finrod posing as Snape was great, and the conversation about time in this chapter was rather amusing. :) Thanks for the story!
Guest chapter 18 . 11/3/2016
Well I found this story by a recommandation on TVTropes and I love it! I really like the atmosphere, and the scenes in the forbidden forest. I would have never imagined such a crossover and yet it worked really well!
Random number generator chapter 5 . 5/8/2016
Yes, I am reading it. About decade after publication.
dreamflower02 chapter 18 . 3/31/2016
The ding was as perfect this time as it was the first time I read it for the MEFAs years ago.

A beautiful and elegant crossover, moving and clever, I have always enjoyed stories that take a detour from canon to explore the characters before returning to the main road of the source. Difficult enough to manage it with one universe, much less two.

Thank you for such a lovely story of friendship and sacrifice, which is, after what both tales were about.
Some Flautist chapter 18 . 3/30/2016
Only 9 years and seven months after the last chapter of the story was published, do I discover it, haha. I highly doubt that the author of this fic will see my review after so long, but for those who stumbled upon this story and looked into the reviews out of curiosity, I would like to say that this piece of excellent writing is a very rare treat that is particularly hard to come by on this site. Especially in the crossover section.
The characters were all very well written, and I very much appreciated the intricacy and delicacy of the author's writing style! I definitely recommend this for reading! (Unless you have not read all the HP Books and the Silmarillion in case you don't want to get spoiled! ;))