Reviews for To Face the Wolf
RuneRuthie chapter 18 . 6/5/2015
I LOVE this story! I love how you portraied the characters; I love the way you fit the two world together without unlikely occurance; I love your reflections on the more serious topics; and many many other things of your story. The story is just wonderful! Lots of thanks to you!

I know that my words can't express half of your brilliance, but I feel that I cannot leave without thanking you.

So thank you again, and I'm off now to read your other stories XD
arsehattery chapter 18 . 3/8/2015
This is bloody brilliant. I love this so much, it's one of my favourite fics. Ever. I love the dialogue, and Finrod's character, and all the descriptions, and all of Remus and Finrod's conversations, and just about everything. Great job.
Alohomora Fantasy chapter 18 . 2/6/2015
Okay, I must say this was SUCH a birlliantly crafted story, and the characaters were very much in character. You had some rather profund ideas, and the writing was superb. I really loved this, but now I don't have any more HP/ Silmarillion crossovers to read! I will have to write my own... Anyways, beautiful story, I'm very glad I had the chance to read it!
CollectorofHats chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
I'm reading it! Post more please.
fish in fridge chapter 18 . 10/16/2014
I love this story. Arda/HP crossover is not something I usually venture into, (actually I just don't read many crossover stories of either fandom). And how very lucky I just come across this wonderful bittersweet tale. Everyone is in-charactor: the wise, perceptive, very understanding and untimately faithful Finrod (and his Estel-Patronus! You managed to come up with that!), the self-conscious yet amiable Remus (pity he is so caught between memory of old friendship and disillusion of treachery of humankind, a knaw on his belief and conscience, really), and the guarded, biased, sour Severus (well, sauciness is part his disguise, part his defence and part his true personality; what else can he be?) Yeah you have portrayed my favourite characters of both fandoms so faithfully well, and have given motives and feels to each of thair acts and each thread of their thinking!

And I admire the way you write Hermione. If she is fangirling Finrod, she becomes a true fan and friend of him by the end of your tale, keeping his benefit, and the merits of The Silmarillion, in mind with top priority. I like Finrod's farewell with her as much his farewell with Remus. By the way the miniature Padfoot carving is really a most fitting gift to Remus. [And I personally believe that Remus will later show it to Sirius and together they will talk about their respective share of the unusual friendship with Finrod.]

Alas, Finrod returning to Finarfin is the best ending, even if it is only one line! Whoever wants to take this happiness and peace from Finrod is unbearably cruel...

And a big THANK YOU for writing thia story!
chisscientist chapter 18 . 5/15/2014
Sad but good.
AnnaAgatha chapter 18 . 5/14/2014
Oh, this was a good and original story. I think we share favorite characters, I liked your Finrod and Remus very much. I like it that it is quite simple and you didn't think it necessary to include all HP characters. Thank you for writing this, even in 2014 people still read this and think it worthwhile.
digging4more chapter 18 . 4/1/2014
Wow! I've had this story bookmarked for so long. Why did I not read it sooner? It's been a wonderful experience reading this piece. Kudos to you!
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 4 . 11/24/2013
Awww, so the books are real? Dang. Tiny little bit let down... always thought it took some of the magic away, like those Harry Potter reading harry potter sort of stories. Still, good writing.
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
Woah. I love Finrod's sections. His thoughts are so eloquent and beautifully phrased. I think you really did the character justice. Very interesting take on magic from Finrod's eyes. Great stuff.
Igrain chapter 18 . 8/20/2013
It's one of the best stories I've ever seen. And I liked your Finrod very much! :-)
helenamarkos chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I, as a matter of habit, don't read many crossovers, but this is easily one of the better I have read. That last chapter, especially, is so poignant and beautifully done. I love the way you represent elvish song, I really like your character interpretations, and I think it is very clever: how this story is "slipped in-between" book verse events.

Really well done all around.
Quantumphysica chapter 18 . 7/7/2013
This was a ver original and fascinating story! I loved the way you made the plot come together, given both universes it was rather believable. Also, Snape's paranoia never ceased to frustrate and amuse me.
It was a great read, truly!
Quantumphysica chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
"You talk just like Remus. That attitude of his is contagious."
Just plain brilliant, that one! xD
I love this story...
Sabretooth Ladybird chapter 18 . 6/23/2013
I know there is a possibility that you don't visit your story anymore, but I've just read it - and I have to thank you. Finrod is my favourite character - I can't count how many times I read about him, made my own illustrations and so on. But you managed to compile his story with my favourite HP book, too. And you/ve written such wonderful HP characters. And the story doesn't go for any cheap optimism (there is a lot of noble optimism in turn :) ), no easy happy end. I was left with a kind of bittersweet awe I love the most when it comes to stories and I think I just have to write a big and hearty THANK YOU.
153 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »