Reviews for To Face the Wolf
Some Flautist chapter 18 . 3/30/2016
Only 9 years and seven months after the last chapter of the story was published, do I discover it, haha. I highly doubt that the author of this fic will see my review after so long, but for those who stumbled upon this story and looked into the reviews out of curiosity, I would like to say that this piece of excellent writing is a very rare treat that is particularly hard to come by on this site. Especially in the crossover section.
The characters were all very well written, and I very much appreciated the intricacy and delicacy of the author's writing style! I definitely recommend this for reading! (Unless you have not read all the HP Books and the Silmarillion in case you don't want to get spoiled! ;))
Raven3182 chapter 18 . 1/22/2016
This story is simply brilliant! It's beautiful. I think you captured the inevitable sadness tinged with hope that permeates Tolkein so very well. I loved this story very much. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/17/2015
This is a wonderful story! Finrod's encounter with the Whomping Willow is absolutely brilliant. I loved it enough in the previous chapter, but "Has no one informed the willow it's whomping in vain now?" has to be one of the best sentences ever written. :)

Thanks!
RuneRuthie chapter 18 . 6/5/2015
I LOVE this story! I love how you portraied the characters; I love the way you fit the two world together without unlikely occurance; I love your reflections on the more serious topics; and many many other things of your story. The story is just wonderful! Lots of thanks to you!

I know that my words can't express half of your brilliance, but I feel that I cannot leave without thanking you.

So thank you again, and I'm off now to read your other stories XD
arsehattery chapter 18 . 3/8/2015
This is bloody brilliant. I love this so much, it's one of my favourite fics. Ever. I love the dialogue, and Finrod's character, and all the descriptions, and all of Remus and Finrod's conversations, and just about everything. Great job.
Alohomora Fantasy chapter 18 . 2/6/2015
Okay, I must say this was SUCH a birlliantly crafted story, and the characaters were very much in character. You had some rather profund ideas, and the writing was superb. I really loved this, but now I don't have any more HP/ Silmarillion crossovers to read! I will have to write my own... Anyways, beautiful story, I'm very glad I had the chance to read it!
CollectorofHats chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
I'm reading it! Post more please.
fish in fridge chapter 18 . 10/16/2014
I love this story. Arda/HP crossover is not something I usually venture into, (actually I just don't read many crossover stories of either fandom). And how very lucky I just come across this wonderful bittersweet tale. Everyone is in-charactor: the wise, perceptive, very understanding and untimately faithful Finrod (and his Estel-Patronus! You managed to come up with that!), the self-conscious yet amiable Remus (pity he is so caught between memory of old friendship and disillusion of treachery of humankind, a knaw on his belief and conscience, really), and the guarded, biased, sour Severus (well, sauciness is part his disguise, part his defence and part his true personality; what else can he be?) Yeah you have portrayed my favourite characters of both fandoms so faithfully well, and have given motives and feels to each of thair acts and each thread of their thinking!

And I admire the way you write Hermione. If she is fangirling Finrod, she becomes a true fan and friend of him by the end of your tale, keeping his benefit, and the merits of The Silmarillion, in mind with top priority. I like Finrod's farewell with her as much his farewell with Remus. By the way the miniature Padfoot carving is really a most fitting gift to Remus. [And I personally believe that Remus will later show it to Sirius and together they will talk about their respective share of the unusual friendship with Finrod.]

Alas, Finrod returning to Finarfin is the best ending, even if it is only one line! Whoever wants to take this happiness and peace from Finrod is unbearably cruel...

And a big THANK YOU for writing thia story!
chisscientist chapter 18 . 5/15/2014
Sad but good.
AnnaAgatha chapter 18 . 5/14/2014
Oh, this was a good and original story. I think we share favorite characters, I liked your Finrod and Remus very much. I like it that it is quite simple and you didn't think it necessary to include all HP characters. Thank you for writing this, even in 2014 people still read this and think it worthwhile.
digging4more chapter 18 . 4/1/2014
Wow! I've had this story bookmarked for so long. Why did I not read it sooner? It's been a wonderful experience reading this piece. Kudos to you!
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 4 . 11/24/2013
Awww, so the books are real? Dang. Tiny little bit let down... always thought it took some of the magic away, like those Harry Potter reading harry potter sort of stories. Still, good writing.
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
Woah. I love Finrod's sections. His thoughts are so eloquent and beautifully phrased. I think you really did the character justice. Very interesting take on magic from Finrod's eyes. Great stuff.
Igrain chapter 18 . 8/20/2013
It's one of the best stories I've ever seen. And I liked your Finrod very much! :-)
helenamarkos chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I, as a matter of habit, don't read many crossovers, but this is easily one of the better I have read. That last chapter, especially, is so poignant and beautifully done. I love the way you represent elvish song, I really like your character interpretations, and I think it is very clever: how this story is "slipped in-between" book verse events.

Really well done all around.
156 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »