Reviews for To Face the Wolf
Igrain chapter 18 . 8/20/2013
It's one of the best stories I've ever seen. And I liked your Finrod very much! :-)
helenamarkos chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I, as a matter of habit, don't read many crossovers, but this is easily one of the better I have read. That last chapter, especially, is so poignant and beautifully done. I love the way you represent elvish song, I really like your character interpretations, and I think it is very clever: how this story is "slipped in-between" book verse events.

Really well done all around.
Quantumphysica chapter 18 . 7/7/2013
This was a ver original and fascinating story! I loved the way you made the plot come together, given both universes it was rather believable. Also, Snape's paranoia never ceased to frustrate and amuse me.
It was a great read, truly!
Quantumphysica chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
"You talk just like Remus. That attitude of his is contagious."
Just plain brilliant, that one! xD
I love this story...
Sabretooth Ladybird chapter 18 . 6/23/2013
I know there is a possibility that you don't visit your story anymore, but I've just read it - and I have to thank you. Finrod is my favourite character - I can't count how many times I read about him, made my own illustrations and so on. But you managed to compile his story with my favourite HP book, too. And you/ve written such wonderful HP characters. And the story doesn't go for any cheap optimism (there is a lot of noble optimism in turn :) ), no easy happy end. I was left with a kind of bittersweet awe I love the most when it comes to stories and I think I just have to write a big and hearty THANK YOU.
Margaret Dean chapter 15 . 5/24/2013
I love the conversation in this chapter about who is and who is not a fictional character... :D
Margaret Dean chapter 8 . 5/24/2013
And now I'm imagining the willow thinking, *We've missed you. We've missed you. It's been so long...*
Margaret Dean chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
I'm in awe of your ability to make Sybil's true prophecy fit both the iSilmarillion/i plotline and that of iThe Prisoner of Azkaban/i.
Margaret Dean chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
i"...renewed sounds of flushing."/i

Took me a while to realize that this was due to Finrod's fascination with how the plumbing worked. Delightful detail!
Margaret Dean chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
Ah, another member of the Finrod Felagund Fan Club! My favorite Silmarillion character, inserted into my favorite Harry Potter book. This was beautiful - thank you.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 18 . 4/8/2013
i love it! its so sad how not many write silmarillion/harry potter books. They are pretty awesome!
NoMan3 chapter 18 . 12/18/2012
Wow, I liked this tale very much. I am a huge Silmarillion fan, but I would have never thought to put Finrod into Harry Potter. He fits so well, though! He is truly one of my favorite elves. I get the feeling he could have done a lot for the people of Hogwarts, but it is right that he had to go back. I am just sorry the story is over.
Maglor's finch chapter 12 . 11/18/2012
Dear Guest,
1)"It's nothing" is not a metaphor.
2)Statements made by a character aren't necessarily the author's opinion.
3)Maybe Finrod has a reason for talking the way he does?
Guest chapter 12 . 11/18/2012
Okay the problem with using metaphors is exactly this. As much as you might desire to describe it as nothing, it is not NOTHING, nothing does not wear robes, nor defend Askaban, etc. It can and has and does kiss people and removed their soul. It clearly has attributes such as the attribute of "making people think it isn't nothing", guess what lacks attributes (which is an attribute, lovely impossible philosophy), nothing.

The people in Askaban go insane, if anyone over the hundreds of years or whatever it's been open is going to suddenly think that all Dementor's are nothing it's going to be them.
divad relffehs chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
Even all these years later there are still people enjoying this story.
143 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »