Reviews for To Face the Wolf
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 18 . 7/23/2012
I really enjoyed this fic. Great job!
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
A strange little story that worked surprisingly well - I really wouldn't have expected HP/LoTR to work.
colordrifter chapter 18 . 11/17/2011
Attempting this crossover is absolutely and unbelievably crazy. But you made it work in such a bizarre, unexpected way. Not only did everything make perfect sense, but the story itself was beautifully told, dialogue and prose and everything. I read this all in one go, and although the ending was at a very fitting moment, I couldn't help but wish there was more. All in all, a very beautiful and unique fanfiction.
Requiem For A Devil chapter 4 . 9/24/2011
Snape charms his robes into billowing mode? x) That explains a lot.

Great story, I love the way you keep changing the PoV.
Nauro chapter 18 . 8/23/2011
How can anyone pull a crazy crossover like that is beyond me. But here it is, working and beautiful.

One of the first few I have read, and one of those I like a lot.

All the interactions with Lupin are wondrous.

And the carved Padfood tops it all.
Inwitari Turelie chapter 18 . 8/12/2011
TV tropes just lead me back to this.

Have to say I still love it now just as much as I did when I read it originally 2 or 3 years ago :)
AzureSkye23 chapter 18 . 6/4/2011
So, I'm a few years late. I just found this today, I couldn't resist telling you that this is the best cross-over I've ever read. You managed to blend the two powerful stories with finesse, and manged to do so without changing either one. I will say that PoA is my favorite HP, and The whole tale with Finrod, Beren and Luthien is my favorite in the Sil. Wonderful, wonderful job. (And I'm with Hermione!)
FireFly07 chapter 9 . 6/2/2011
Compiled review for 6-9. :)

Firstly, I loved Finrod's thought about too much troubles with time. That was cute. Speaking of cute, the conversations are wonderfully in-character and sometimes just make my heart fluff up in delight.

Shivers ran down my spine when I read of Finrod singing about the Kinslaying and their history... : Those were beautiful paragraphs.

Also, all these tie-ups/relationships between things in the Silm and in HP are really curious. Nice! I am really loving this~

I also just awwed at what Finrod said about what his more-than-a-handful-of-older-cousins would've told Remus about his restlessness. *fluff* You must know by now that I love the Finwëans hahah.

Snape in a blue robe...? Finrod, did you break your promise to Remus...? D:

Wonderfully in love,

Your fluffing-up reader,

FireFly07 chapter 5 . 6/1/2011
I'll try to summarize my reviews for Chaps 3, 4, 5.

The emotion in this is just wonderful. I really liked the ending of Chapter 3, too.

I LOVE YOUR FINROD :D I also love the dialogues-serious, yet heartwarming sometimes. 3 Snape is very, very in-character.

Again, I like how you cut it up into POVs all the more because it makes the story...what's the right word...refreshing?

I love the way you write, again. You keep my heart pounding all the way :)

Also, i love how you're slowly piecing the story together-another thumbs up for the different POVs, then! hahah! *is loving this*

And if no reviews come from me after this, that means I had been forced to go sleep. :) Don't worry, I'll surely be back! :D
FireFly07 chapter 2 . 6/1/2011
I love that you're writing this from various POVs. Also, I love the way you write-it's so vivid! :D I can clearly imagine the conversation; and I can feel both Remus' and Finrod's confusion too. It's pleasing to read (in a sad way though... Finrod always makes me cry) and so now I shall continue on to the next chapters.

I see the "Complete" label but I think I shall add it to alerts anyway. Faves, definitely. 3 This looks very promising~
Sear chapter 18 . 3/31/2011
I finished the story now, but oh, what a sad ending! Still gorgeous, though.

I really like your Snape, he is just as spiteful and vicious as he should be. And the way the characters come together really make the story.

Reading this made me want to reread the Silmarillion. It's been quite a while since I read it.
Sear chapter 6 . 3/30/2011
Just in case I forget to review, which I do all to frequently: this is lovely. It's such a well thought-out, moving story. I'm enjoying it greatly.
awaylaughing chapter 18 . 3/22/2011
I've read this fully twice now and still don't have the words to express how much I appreciate your writing it. First off, the premise is beautifully done, most people don't bother to really explain things like this aside from "it's magic!" but you not only did so you also thought up how to reverse it and a wonderful example of the whole thing gone wrong (I've just finished reading Hamlet actually so it tickled my fancy).

The characters are brilliant and I feel deeply for Hermione, I really do. During my first read through of the Silmarillion some of my most feverent wishes were that Finrod and Aredhel didn't have to die and that Gondolin didn't need to fall. I also felt for Remus, the parallels you made between him and Finrod were wonderful. Snape was also good, I liked his POV if only because it was so different from the others.

Most of all I liked the little details, your mentioning of the Wizard's Burden made me laugh, Finrod's predisposition toward philosophy, all of it really made this story. The scene with his story was one that really struck me and I do wonder which positions Dumbledore and Lupin found themselves in.

I could gush some more but it wouldn't be very thoughtful or entirely sane so I'll settle for saying that this is how crossovers should be done. Very much a favourite.
Klassiekertje chapter 18 . 1/10/2011
Applause! Hoorray!
Crimson Cupcake chapter 18 . 12/31/2010
Wow.! Amazing, brilliant, awesome. What else can I say? Undoubtedly one of the best fics I have ever read - Finrod's character was so absolutely perfect. (As was everyone else's, of course). It was thoughtful, amazing and wonderful how he kind of...never took sides. I mean, he let Wormtail go (admittedly, I was not so pleased about that) and let Sirius do whatever he wanted, and somehow managed to side with Lupin at the same time. Because of this fic, he has risen significantly up on my 'favourite characters list'.

For some reason, it really hurt when they said Finrod was fictional. I don't know why...I mean, he /is/, but if only LOTR were true... -sigh- If Tolkien had written this a few thousand years earlier, it might've become a religion xD As it is, I can imagine why Finrod is so averse to being called fictional. (And of course, his argument was perfectly valid.) Speaking of his arguments...they're both befitting of an Elven King and of a stranger lost in a foreign land. My favourite part (and I rarely have favourites, but this part was awesome xD) was his harp-playing. It's great you put it in Snape's POV because he would usually be least moved by such a thing. And your descriptions...amazing! I need to learn from you xDD

The POV switching was quite ingenious. Personally, I'm not used to switching POVs every once in a while, but the way you did it was perfect. Some authors rewrite scenes that already happened in another's POV, but you didn't. Thanks so much for that xD Finrod learning English was quite... (amusing isn't the right word) ...fascinating as well xD I'm really not quite sure how the whole time-turner thing works, and Finrod and Dumbledore's philosophical stuff totally killed my brain there 8D But I'll trust the geniuses with their own work.

Overall, I love this fic, especially the ending line. That line was particularly powerful in the Sil as well, and I'm so glad you decided to end with it. I know I'm reviewing a few /years/ late, but thank you so much for writing this so people like me can enjoy it Happy new year!
139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »