Reviews for Life After Death
donthateexpiate chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I agree with your thoughts, there really was a lot of potential for the Apocalypse storyline, but the potential was kind of butchered. I really appreciate this story, and would love to see the picture that it's based off of.
Teagarden chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Wonderful job on this story. Rogue and Remy are my all time favorite couple, and any ending where they are not together is a terrible ending.
USWeasil chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
*cries* it was so beautiful... exactly what i wanted to read. i have been searching for a story like this to calm my fears of gambit forgetting rogue forever. sniff sniff thank you so much! now ican sleep peacefully without being depressed... i need a hug... and saving this to computer for future reading.
Loyalx2xNone chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
that's a great story i wish more people would do stories to this arc in the x-men saga but meh..I'd lovet osee the sketch
Pyric chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
I liked that a lot.

Very nicely written and a very appropriate spacing scheme, I think (the 4 suits of cards, very clever).

So yeah, nice. I liked it very much.
IvyZoe chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Good. I really liked it.

I would like to see this story continue. I would like to see Remy's healing and see where their new life together will lead them.

Hope to conintue.

I;ll be keeping an eye out.
Herszel chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
I liked it. Really. Dat's de way it should end... I'm crying... ahh...
BJ2 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
If Rogue were like this in the comics I'd still be a Romy fan. Thank you for the brief glimpse of the Rogue I *used* to know. I can not stand the whiny evil self centered bitch she's become. *That* Rogue doesn't deserve Remy's love. Why don't you work for Marvel! ;) lol...
Anamarie Chambers chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Wow. I could feel it in my chest. Very good.
squeekness chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
This was very well written and well imagined. It is certainly a thousand times better than what Milligan has been writing. Heck, they should have had you write the Horseman story, you would have done a magnificent job, considering how well you've captured the persona of all the players on this stage. Great job. :)
Loneraven chapter 1 . 4/19/2006 :)

This was beautiful. Very nicely done. I was guna read this when you posted about it on J Q and I regret that I waited. Excellent writing style. You should kick Milligan out on his but and make that stupid Blood of Apocalypse thing end like this :D.

All in all, great stuff and I'm totally adding it to my favorites :)
The Van of Karma chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
The end I actually WANT. Wouldn't that be nice? Gambit is kickass, Rogue forgives him (and uses Antarctica to convince herself; which is understandable and very heartrending), and PULSE DIES! THAT is truly the high point of any good Romy fic; Plot Dev- er, PULSE dies a horrible, horrible BLOODY death. RIP his eyes out, while he crawls away, HUMILIATED, a BLOODY MESS, and then my lovely Remy BURNS him alive, and- um, AHEM. Of course, it's all terribly sad, awful, PERFECTLY BLOODY...

Of course, the really true selling point (not just my morbidity) of this fan fiction is the character emotion and depth. Understandably, there wasn't much you could do with Remy's initial reason for joining Apocalypse-that's Milligan's doing-but you convey Death's terrorizing and Remy's terror; Rogue's hurt and her love; Pulse's cowardice SO well. Something that I would've cried to see in the true Blood of Apocalypse arc.

I could like kiss you right now! You have saved me from the curse that is the vast number of under-quality Romy fiction as of late.. With the passion and love you captured in their embrace was a true moment to remember. It had so much drama and feeling behind it. You could feel their love, and their pain, which in it self is the essence of Rogue and Gambit. I saw so much of the trademarks of the couple, really: the hate, the anger, the love, the hope.

All the qualities of an insane Romy fan, really.

So, I hope to see more of you, spooky.

- The Van and the Karma
simba317 chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I'm already like things? Why? There has been a horrid amount of bad Romys out there recently! You have saved me little bit! Thank you! Plus...I think all of us loved the concept of Remy being Death...but hated the way it was handled. YOu've captured the Romy way much they love each other, yet hurt each other...lovely. It's the essense and you've got it down...the hope is there to and I love that! I love how you have their stuggles with each other and how they still have all these issues to deal with...that he's been pushed away and that they need to heal...

I LOVE THAT YOU KILLED OFF PULSE! I LOVE YOU! I can't stand the guy! ROMY FOREVER! And that Remy killed him and punched out his eyes...or he lost them and was powerless...but I like that because I'm vindictive and don't care!

You have such great character emotion in here...I love that ROgue realized she had to go back for all the reasons she felt in Antarctica...because it was the only way...that her heart is broken, but she's still there...wonderful. I loved that moment between her and Iceman. It was perfect.

You had some wonderful description and imagery. I really liked that. I love how haunted they both are by everything...that no matter what he did, Rogue couldn't fight him because even though he was in that moment, evil...Remy was still there, and she loves him, so she can't hurt him.

I loved the moment where Rogue came to him and held his was really powerful. Remy's self loathing and hate is palpable and very well done. OH and Rogue going to him and then then Remy hugging her and crying...BEAUTIFUL! I love that! I love how even though Rogue hurts she has to be strong and is just there supporting him. It's the only way for them to heal after all. You can see exactly how desperate Remy is he's holding so tightly just to make sure she's real, so she's not gonna leave him.

ONe of the things I love about ROmy is that no matter what happens, they love each doesn't matter that they're shattered and broken, they still love each other...and in some ways that's why I think it's more powerful than Scott/Jean. There's always survival...they love each other like a bad toothe's something they need and can't let go of, ever. They're not alright without the other person.

I like that they're leaving to find a new life...they really need it. I think they really need to work things out without the X-Men and that this is the only way. I look forward to their adventures! Thanks for giving me some GOOD ROMY at LONG LAST!

UPDATE SOON! ...damn it's been long...I need to churn these babies out more for you guys! I see you Ish!

Rogue181 chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
So sad and yet happy. Does that make sense? I would love to see your sketch.
Prexistence chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
This is such a lovely one shot and I really wish Milligan ended his arc like this. That is unless a miricle happens and Carey doesn't write and a new writer takes over and has Rogue and Gambit leave together and end up in their own series, that would be heaven. okay, im done blabbing now.

Beautiful fic, please write more!