Reviews for Should Have Known Better
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 4/21/2006
John is a hard character to like at the best of times but when battering his children it becomes nigh impossible. But you offered him up some redemption at admitting his guilt and breaking down in front of Dean. Wonderful gritty writing, so please more soon.
sokerfreek922 chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
a nice chapter. i like how dean is so mature and understanding. good, well written chapter. hope to see more.
mtuffy chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
I don't think that John is a mean man. I think he has a lot of issues and doesn't know how to ask for help. I don't think that he would really injure his kids. He loves them. Great story.

A-blackwinged-bird chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
When I read this:

"A nasty bruise from a violent encounter with an evil being, except he had not been on a hunt."

-I cheered. I LOVE that John recognizes what he did and that he feels like crap for doing it. THANK YOU.

Also, I like this:

“Dean, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. It will never happen again.”

Classic abusive relationship, ain't it?

This story was long overdue. I think John is a good man who does the best he can. But life has not been very kind to any of the Winchesters and mistakes were made.

Great job,

kokomocalifornia chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
is this story going to be AU coz in the series john seems a good father but he just never shows his son how much he loves his children. so if ur going to have to john and the boys being really happy would that still follow wtih the series or are you going your own way? either way its all good.

thanks for your reply to my review by the way
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
that was pretty crazy!
Latanya Kassidy chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Oh poor little Dean! I may have missed it but did you mention how old the boys are here? This is a very good start. I can't wait to read the rest :)

Antigone11 chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Holy crap! This is just wrenching, seeing John spiral down into such a mental abyss that he would strike Dean. From your description of Dean flying into the corner of the dresser, he could still be crumpled up on the floor with his ribs broken or something - six hours later. Where has Sammy been all this time?
princess peanut chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Wow! So sad! But I love the story. Please continue! Can't wait.
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
I like how despite all this, we still feel bad for John. I do, at least. A little bit. *wink*

Great start, can't wait for more,

KatieMalfoy19 chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Oh my gosh! Poor Dean! Evil John! Please update really soon! I can't wait for more! ~Katie~
sokerfreek922 chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
oh no, poor dean, i'm really attached to this story. its really well written and i luv the plot. pls give us a quick update!
27 | « Prev Page 1 2