Reviews for Second Chance
stacygrrl2002 chapter 11 . 7/4
God damn incompetent idiots, from dumbasadoor to the minister, to the aurors . Harry does the work and they let him free. Harry should have gone, demanded questioning, etc, on the spot. Sugar daddy is fine, unless you have other intimations. Drop a rock on Severus, or sever the head like any other snake that has to be stopped. Maybe color his clothes pink, no matter what he puts on.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 10 . 7/4
Voice could be anyone, including dumbasadoor. Don't look him in the eyes, fake it, stare at where his chin would be or just over his head.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 9 . 7/4
Treat him like a dog? Get the rolled up newspaper! Pretty rude to Draco there, for the way draco started. Why would they drive all that way? They could have flooed a lot easier, or apparated. Much simpler, but this way you got the car in, but Remus never has money, cause he has trouble keeping a job, if he can get one.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 8 . 7/4
Forgot? Shoes, boots, sneakers, wand holder, a good smallish blade, a trunk to hide a broom, a shotgun, a rifle, and that long ago... a good 9mm or a .357mag pistol, even a Walther .380. kidding. Be prepared! Vigilant! Ditch Ronnie boy and get with Neville and Hermione. Be friends with Ron, but closer with Neville. Let them trade places. Get with Susan Bones as a friend. Dump draco in a deep gorge somewhere.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 7 . 7/4
So, altering a sensitive potion helps, luckily. Maybe more mint, or a different flavor? Peppermint, spearmint, Wintergreen etc. End of fifth year and goes back. So they are not clear on horcruxes yet. Or are there any beside the book, if there is a book?
stacygrrl2002 chapter 6 . 7/4
So Tonks is at least 4years older than Canon? An auror instead of entering 7th year with Harry in first? Just checking. Another twist... Usually Remus can cook, not padfoot.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 5 . 7/4
We knew dumbasadoor would be around quickly. MAYBE they can hide?
SiriusJohnPotter chapter 1 . 6/16
This is really good, I read the whole of this and the next one, I am about to read the 3rd one now. A lot better than the description, I think.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 6/11
Just what they need ... Sirius on the run. I fear this might have REALLY messed up the timeline. Then again, the Wizarding world is not yet as volatile as it was before Harry came back in time. Maybe he will be less stubborn.

Oh, dear ... Aurors or a crooked-nosed, whisker-faced buttinsky at the door?
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 6/11
I wonder if Harry's outburst will have some magical outcome, like an oath. Look at some of the words:

"... I really don't care if I never have to come back here EVER AGAIN. ... DIE FOR ALL I CARE. YOU MAY BE MY RELATIVES, BUT YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE MY FAMILY. I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE ANY FAMILY AT ALL THAN CONSIDER YOU PART OF IT. I AM LEAVING, AND MARK MY WORDS, I'M NEVER COMING BACK!"

If magic is intent-driven, Harry made some statements that should cause any "blood wards" to fall. Could the last sentence be considered an oath? If so, might it possibly cost his magic if he is forced back there?

Before Dumbledore gets into manipulation mode again, he needs to know what Harry said.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 6/11
This chapter makes me wonder if Remus hung out in Little Whinging in the first timeline. I cant imagine Dumbledore would let him get that close to Harry, even if he didn't know that's where Harry lived. Is your Dumbledore going to be as manipulative as he is in other fics ... or even in canon?
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 6/11
Who is N.A.T.? Nymphadora A. Tonks? That's the only person I can think of who might have those initials. She would certainly know why he would need it.
why did harry refuse malfoy this time as it caused so many problems last time through - and he was much more polite this time until ron and harry were rude.
Why does Lupin accept having Hagrid, of all people, introduce Harry to the wizarding world. It's crazy! it should be a head of house or dumbledore himself - his so called magical guardian. Why leave all these idiocies in the story if this is a re-do fic?
Mysteryfan17 chapter 12 . 5/1
Ah... had to look up the slang myself and... well, I guess like Hermione, I don't tend to read/look up/watch stuff that includes things like that, at least to the degree that it would be explained instead of just a passing comment.