Reviews for Strength to Endure
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Wow! I don't know what to say. I literally yelped when poor Dean ran over Sam! This was heart wrenching and you did it so well and so believably.

Your grasp on the brothers is fantastic and I'm so grateful you write and share that with all of us. I really liked the way the epilogue ended on such a typically funny note.

I could just ramble on and on, but this is one of my favorite shorts. Thank you!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
LOL I really liked sammys line... Dean in the chappel just about killed me off... really good job
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
One of the best short Sam & Dean stories that I've ever had the pleasure to read. You ladled on the hurt with great finesse for both boys. Sammy getting whammied by Dean's beloved car - and yes I winced at the imagery of his broken body it left me with - to then Dean angry, defiant and then broken in the chapel so that it simply just tore my heart away. And yet above all this pain you lifted the story up into one truly heartwarming ending that left me with a smile of thanks. You really nailed the brothers personality down and edged it all with such witty dialogue they just sang off the page.

Great stuff. Thank you. Roz.
Deana chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Loved it. I especially liked the ending. "Dude-that was beautiful. I really felt that, right here." I can so see Dean saying that. And Sam getting mad and trying to take everything back.

Great story.
jka1 chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
this was such a great story i loved how dean really portrayed his love for sam by giving sam the option to leave him for a better life and the ending really made me laugh anyway well done -
tvdinnersrule chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Really good story, i liked it.
CrystalStarGuardian chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
that was beautiful, pure and simple. I love all the emotions, and how Dean was willing to give up Sam like he promised if his brother lived, tho it was obvious he didn't really want to. and the fact that Sam told him he'd stay made it even better. the chemistry between the two brothers always amazes me, and I adore all the love there is between them. I can honestly say that you captured that love perfectly, and I'm truly awed by how well you managed that. utterly fantastic story.
SueJRA chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
I read the first few pages of this story with my hand over my mouth in shock as I could not believe that Dean had injured Sam so badly with his beloved Impala. I half expected him when he left the hospital to take out his guilt on the car by destroying it, not being able to see it now as anything more than a killing machine.

Loved the premise of the story and the emotion it invoked

Well done!
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Cool story. I really enjoyed the bantering at the end. Totally Dean & Sam! LOL
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Aw, that was great. Please do tell Amy thank you from the bottom of my heart, I don't think I could have taken a death fic from you-I was afraid it was one which is why it took me so long to read this :) I'm not keen on them in any case, and that epilogue was much needed. Sam realizing that he had an out and not taking it was so sweet, and at least he recognized the emotions Dean was going through-before, of course, his brother covered them up with glib lines. You portrayed Dean's grief perfectly, and Sam really must have been on the good drugs :) One of these days maybe you can write a two-shot Supernatural story-maybe one chapter being Sam's perspective and the other chapter Dean's. Anyhoo, I did like this, and thanks for sharing-and not killing a major character(I'm assuming the Imapala made it through okay as well). Have a great week :)
CaffieneKitty chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
"Drama Lessons for Dorks 101" Hehehe, well-done banter
the magik dragen chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
great story. you have an exceptional talent for writing. you really made the story come alive, and i loved the details. great job.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Beautiful! I always wish your amazing stories were longer because you write them so well. Nonetheless, excellent story! I'm glad you decided to change this from a deathfic (so thanks to your beta, Amy)!

When Dean was leading Sam through the pain, my heart was racing. "Sam blinked slowly, his gaze losing focus even as he looked in the direction of Dean's voice." That line really touched me, although I don't know exactly why.

Amazing.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Please give a double thank-you to Amy for stopping your original path with this story.

I loved this story. But than I always enjoy reading your stories, that's why you are on my author alert list. Dean is my favorite character, plus Jensen :) is great fun to watch, so though Sam is the one hurt, you gave us a wonderful story about what Dean is feeling and how he deals with guilt over Sam injuries. I liked how you wrote the chapel and talking to God. During the "Hookman" episode Sam had to remind Dean to bow his head during the prayer.

Good Job!

If you do choose to do a death fic, please post a warning, (at this moment I cannot handle reading one).

Thanks again.

Lori
bjxmas chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
So glad you let Sam live! Love that he finally realized what life would be like without Dean and hunting and that maybe he was living the life he was meant to live.

Love Dean breaking down and promising God anything to have Sam back and willing to keep his word and let Sam go.

You definately have the brotherly love and banter down.

Great job!