Reviews for Strength to Endure
Northface chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I know you said at the beginning that it wasn't a deathfic, but I still, partway through, was left going, "Oh no! Don't die!" I really enjoyed this story. I think this was my favourite part, because it shows the futility of Dean's job, or life, or mission, protecting Sam from the one thing that's inevitable:

"It hit him, suddenly, that even if Sam didn't die today, he would eventually- and that realization hurt like a shot to the heart. Because some day, Sam would die. Death was really the only sure thing in the world, wasn't it? But it was Dean's responsibility to make sure that Sam wasn't killed."
Phx chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
First I have to say I was so excited when I saw how long the storyw as. I can't help it - love your stuff!

Oh my. What a story. What can I say... well I felt it in the bottom of my stomach when Dean hit Sam with the car. Wow. Powerful.

I was with them in that alley as Sam was bleeding to death and Dean was terrified. Oh man. He loves his car so much and for it to be the weapon that almost took his brother from him... Wow.

And I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for NOT making this a death fic. You are such an awesome writer, it would have made me heart sick to see you 'kill' Sammy. Because you write them so real, so vividly - it would have... well, all I can say is thank you. :)

Oh my. The hospital scene in the chapel. Yes, definte tissues needed. Poor Dean...

And than no matter what, they are who they are and right back at it as soon as Sam wakes up.

Hm, I wonder what Dean must have felt like the next time he got in the Impala or what Sam must have felt when he saw the car again or sat in it again. You've given me much to ponder.

Wonderful, wonderful story. And the epilogue. Oh thank you! So sweet. When Dean addmitte he likes having Sam around. Aw so sweet and probably as close to him saying "i love you" as Dean can get.

I so love seeing Dean in big brother mode and him sitting beside injured Sam did it for me.

I can't wait for your next story.

Phoenix
rps-lizardspock chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Aw, the end was cute! lol. Good story. I love the Sam angst.
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
"How you feeling?"

"Like some jerk hit me with their car."

"Yeah, well some bitch jumped out in front of me."

YAY! No hard feelings, just as I've come to expect from our boys. I thought this was great! Dean angst and SamWhumping are two of my favorites, so to say I enjoyed this immensely is a huge understatement. I especially loved the paragraph that showed Dean's numbness that wouldn't fade until Sam started breathing again.

Oh, and this line - "Come over here and make me, cripple." - was my favorite. :D

JJ
merryw chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
That was outstanding! Intensely gut-wrenching and yet hysterically funny at the same time! Great job "inhabiting" the brothers! You've got them DOWN!
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4