Reviews for A Beer
Onari chapter 4 . 4/25/2006
Is it possible for a person to hold her breath during a 2343 words reading?

Yes it is.

If you don't update soon, I'll start breaking something. That was damn BRILLIANT. To say that I loved it would be an understatement.

"The world was spinning and it occurred to Sam that breathing might be help with that." Mirroring Dean's reaction, perfect sentence.

"Turning his head to look over his shoulder, Sam met Doug’s gaze, and answered steadily, “Personal.”" Aw

The subtext bit was a masterpiece.

And I assume Dean's going to win...what is he gonna chose? what is it? what is it? I'm so curious. That, unless he lets Sammy win...but then, why would he do that...would they have a ride together? Yeah! I'm so afraid they'll end up fighting if they're alone, but still. I NEED them to be alone!

Love xx
Tezpin chapter 4 . 4/25/2006
Wow! Love all the subtext in their dialogue - you've done that really well. Sam deserved everything Dean (didn't quite) say. *grin*

Great fic, can't wait to read more.
Swasti chapter 4 . 4/25/2006
i really really really like this fic...

I love the lines;

"It’s just a car…It’s not like its family.”

“Families are overrated,..Cars are much more reliable.”

Ouch! but a part of me (a rather huge part) thinks that he deserved it..
Ster1 chapter 4 . 4/24/2006
I like your version so much more than canon: watching the pilot episode, I had a hard time believing that Dean, after practically raising Sam and then not hearing from his brother in 4 years, would be so nonchalant about Sam's behavior. After all, it's not like Dean was off in a safe job in the suburbs. It would be only natural to feel angry and betrayed. Dean could have died without Sam even knowing; it's no wonder he feels Sam doesn't care about him. Of course, Sam does care but he could have handled the situation better, like I dunno-calling Dean sometime? I appreciate that in this story, Sam has to face the consequences of his decisions. That's what being an adult is all about!

So thank you for this incredible story. Looking forward to more!
KBecks87 chapter 3 . 4/24/2006
AMAZING chapter! I LOVE this fic so far. PLEASE update soon!
Tigerdrake chapter 3 . 4/24/2006
So they've finally seen each other! Yay! No way Sam is going to let Dean get away with pretending not to know him though, right? That would be terrible. Post more soon!
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 4/24/2006
Sorry I've been a bad bad reader and not reviewed sooner but RL.. GR! I just love the slow way you have built up the intense feelings being generated by the brothers. Fear, betrayal, hurt, need - all where there. And this last chapter just had it all. Dean, cold enough to greet Sam's friends not as his brother but as a stranger, his feeling of betrayal at Sam's absence in his life is just so bitter. Compelling and brilliant stuff, so please more soon (& I promise more prompt review too!)
Seriously moronic chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
OMG so good PLEASE continue
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
Very cool. What happens next? Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Master Li chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
wow this is so sad! That last line...just made me want to cry. *smacks Sam* say Hi to your brother! Update soon! I want Sam to talk to Dean or something!
Red Hardy chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
OMG! I love this story more with each chapter!

I loved the way Sam just totally wraps himself around everything 'normal' and can't get enough of it - yet at the same time misses his father and Dean more than he ever thought he could!

And poor Dean... Forcing himself to call up bad memories so he wouldn't have to face how much he misses Sam.

And I cannot BELIEVE you left it hanging there! That is a cliffhanger in a class all by itself! I will be waiting oh so impatiently for the next chapter! :)
Laine7727 chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
YAY! An update! Can't wait for the next one. You got me all excited.
Eternal Dragon101 chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
OMG! Yes I'm glad those two met again. I was gonna go crazy! Update soon!

Flames Out

Dragon
wild wolf free17 chapter 3 . 4/23/2006
Excellent. Silly boys; grudges are for kids.
JadeAlmasy chapter 3 . 4/23/2006