Reviews for Spyder
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Very touching and you have such intense, lovely imagery here (even the flashback). I can easily see Severus becoming a vintner
Kirinin chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Wow. If this story has been clarified, I wonder at its original incarnation. It's really quite good, but I had no earthly idea that Snape near-death was a flashback until your Author's Notes - I just thought that the two scenes were in chronological order. Likewise, I'm unsure about the identity of the priest, his importance, even the nature of the priest's conversation with Severus.

Still, there is really something special about this. I love Ginny called both 'Aphrodite' and 'the seventh child of a seventh child', and the flowers bending towards her. I love how she impulsively hugs Severus. I think you've created the first impressive, interesting Ginny I've seen since Blood Magic.

For that characterization alone, you're in my favorites. The dreamy quality here is an asset, too - foggy and indistinct. Still, I think a hint more sharpness might be in order?

Loved it,

-Kirinin
duj chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I'm rather surprised I've never reviewed this one. It's a beautiful, lyrical piece with a symmetry between the spider and the spy. It was heartwarming to see the villagers' suspicion melt away when they realised that Snape was a protector, not a predator, through the magic of Ginny's love and gratitude.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Oh, my, this is good. I'm so glad to see Snape in a life that is worth living, knowing Rowling will never give him one.
whitehound chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Somehow I missed this when it was posted - it's lovely!
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This is quite a bit different from your other stories but just as good. I like the rather odd mixture of the dream-like segues between scenes with the intense, detailed, and very real scenes themselves. And I impressed with how, with just a few lines, you so well define the various people who populate the bar Snape's in.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Have found this on FictionAlley today - and had to read it twice (a bit more complicated writing than other fics as some reviewers have already mentioned - especially for a non-native speaker). However, very sweet. I like the idea Harry learns legilimency and performs it on his old teacher to FINALLY discover what he had been doing all those previous years... AND EVEN MORE THAT HE IS FINALLY GRATEFUL. (-:

I review here as I want to add it to my list of favorites. (-:
cecelle chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Beautiful and evocative. Loved it.
Sindie chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Very poetic and illustrative. You use words in a beautiful way to convey your story. Lovely.
Blackpenny chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
The spider lives, the spy lives. Yay. This story was beautifully done - the more I read it the more I like it.
HLBr chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Hi!

Amazing. I have to say, one gets so used to straight forward writing here in the fanfiction world, that I had to read it twice to get it. Nonetheless, it is brilliant. A happy ending for all, but is the writing that does it. Beautiful imagery. Really nice comparison between the spider and Snape. Bah, I am trying to say something smart but all that I can say really is: I like it, very much!

saludos

hele.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Lovely, lovely, lovely. I really enjoyed it. It was a bit patchy about what was going on - I was confused at the switch from the past to teh present, and then the first part that introduces Snape into the bar while Harry walks with the "young Aphrodite". :) And it was a little odd the way everyone switched from being unwelcoming to very welcoming. But I still really liked it. :) Pretty writing.
yukka chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
You know how to create images so colorful and real i have to wonder where they come from. This story too, it's dreamy and beautiful and, as always, a delight to read.
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
I'm not at home and out of time, so I'll just say I thoroughly agree with barbarataku's comment below.

Also "incomparably light and deft."
Possum132 chapter 1 . 4/20/2006