Reviews for How Orcs Were Invented
Ynnealay chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
This poem made me smile for somerising*, even though it contains elf torture. I can just imagine some orc reading this to their child (although I don't think orcs have children) nice little parody. :)

Cute - in a twisted, horrifying way. :D
Kiss of the Breeze chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I'm lucky review number thriteen! ah this was fun XD
Tark's Work chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Huh. I knew fanfiction-dom was lacking something, and it turns out to be a "bedtime story for young Orcs." It's dark, but comic... a combination I rather like but don't see often. I like it even more after reading the Elf and the Doormouse.

Well done.
Nelarun chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I just read the elf and the door mouse. It's really good how you wrote it like that. I think this poem is going to be running through my head everytime I watch that part of the movie too now.

Nelarun of Australia
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
I have absolutely no problem with mixing the morbid/tragic and the humorous. Something a little weird about the meter of that fifth to last line, though. Maybe change "‘Til Melkor at last saw his creation new" to "Until Melkor saw his creation new"?

Fun piece though! Now I need to go find the original. [has never read "The Elf and the Dormouse"]
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
It is a bit morbid. But that's what I would expect because of the subject matter and only the subject matter. I did go and read the poem you based it off of. It took a lot of creativity to pull it off. I can understand that your peice wasn't supposed to turn out morbid. The diffrence between 'The Elf and the Dormouse' and your piece are of diffrent tones. First, you have two diffrent settings, one that is only slightly dismil and the other that is completly angst. Second, there are the diffrent endings, one being a humourous one and the other one is horrific. Note, I really love this peice you created. I think that you did a very good job on it, expessually since you were working from the bases of not just one literary work, but two. Congrats. I call this a piece of litary genius.
The Battling Bard chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Brilliant, I'm always up for a bit of clever parody and this is class. Well done.
Dementra chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
*dumbfounded* eh
memyselfandi chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Fred: This story is right up my alley. However as I am a minion of evil myself I feel I really must point out that it was actually Morgoth or if you prefer Melkor, who "invented" orcs, not Sauron.

Wow Fred, that sounded so profesional.

Fred: Yeah, I'm taking an english course.

Hm, it shows.
Faramir's Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
This is very good. I like it a lot. Keep writing!
surf all day and do the hula chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
ok so this is gonna sound kinda bloodthirst and cruel... but i found it funny... i know, im a nasty selfish girl, thats what my mum says... oh n with the bigbrother thing, its cos its for australian tv, im australian if i hadnt mentioned that
Elvin BlueEyes chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
i thought it was pretty good. nice job .

Elvin BlueEyes
Kelsey Estel the TolkieNarnian chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Hmm... I'm stuck on this one. Part of me wants to cry over the fate of the poor elf. Its so tragic. But, the other half wants to laugh at how cute this is! I mean, Sauron chortling with glee?

No matter what emotion I choose to feel, I really liked this, Yugg.

KelsE
Elwing-Evenstar chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Interesting poem, but it's kind of a morbid subject to put into verse... all the same, nice work. :)