Reviews for Get Bent
FaintLeaf chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
It was beautiful and elusive and... very hard to describe, actually. I love the way you've written this.
scorpiaux chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
i put this on my favorite's list so long ago and came back to it now, remembering the story as "well-written and about ty lee." again i commend you for your mastery not only of the english language, but of a bendy, peripheral character that we are not used to seeing in the spotlight despite her circus deposition. wonderfully done, a favorite i will continue to read & come back to. good writing is a gem on this site; congrats for being part of the wonderfully exclusive, albeit small, circle.

scorpiaux
KylieAyn chapter 3 . 4/9/2009
wow it still makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
blueowls chapter 3 . 4/1/2009
Disturbing but exceptionally good. Loved the detail.
KylieAyn chapter 2 . 3/24/2009
uh...i'm confused
sweet-impact chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
The vagueness works... it left me thinking about what the sentences meant. Lol. And also how this fic seems VERY Ty Lee. I love it!
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
No matter how jossed this was, it's still beautiful and it still works because it's so perfectly Ty Lee that details (a nearly throwaway sentence in one episode, blink and you miss it) don't matter. You captured the feel very well. I think at points it is a bit too vague, I had to reread several spots to get a grasp of what was happening, but at the same time that kind of works.
blueowls chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Interesting take on her family. This is the only fic that I've foudn that talks about them, and you sure make them... unusual. Kind of reminds me of Running With Scissors.

I love the diction and the style of writing. Kind of stream-of-conciousness, but understandable. You have a lot of little intricacies and details that are very 'Ty Lee.'

There's a lot more I'd like to say, but it's hard to put into words because I am not very poetic :c
Coco-Minu chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I'm slightly confused as to why it was blank, but I have an idea it may be because education 'stifles the creative process', and thus Ty Lee would learn nothing. Nice work.
fmatard chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
"A four week trip takes five months because odes to the wind are relevant and the grass absolutely must be painted."

absolutely beautiful poem-prose

This fic is probably the most imaginative , brilliantly written oneshot I've ever read on :0)
Andi chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I never thought of her parents being well you know artsie craftsie. although i really enjoyed it I Love Ty Lee!
Tiptaps chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I love LOVE this collaboration of sentences! They're so well put together and deep! I've always wished I had a talent to write deep philosophical things...(alas) ;)

You have given me so much inspiration! Ty Lee is one of the best characters to write.

Love Love,

TipTaps
Heligoland chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Gorgeous. Particularly that bit "The woman and man in a red room.." It struck me silly. Honestly, I've always wanted to talk like that in daily conversation.

You've captured everything I like about Ty Lee and made her this ideal of bubbling something or other. It may or may not be hope.

Thanks.
Sangi notloggedin chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Okay. Before I left you a review that stated it made sense in a vague way. Then I read it again.

And it got better because I got it.

And again, again, again, again, and again.

Now it is one of my absolute favorites. It makes sense - but it's deep, you know? You have to read it over and over (each time for the better) to get it.

This is wonderful. Keep up the fantastic work.
sangi chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
It makes sense in a vague way.