Reviews for And Not to Yield
machievelli chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Supposed to have been posted 13 December 2011, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. but I had problems with my computer that literally made every document and link hidden, and flaked on attaching these reviews to the original story threads for the last year. Everyone say; 'Mach is a flake, Mach is a yo-yo'. Better yet (Waves hand) 'Mach is trying, but he's still a flake'.

Some of the work I read is what I consider professional class. These are marked as Picks of the Week. Go to to find the best of the week.

Five plus years Post TSL (See Technical note): Carth decides to leave yet again

The piece is poignant and sad, and not at all what I had anticipated. I was thinking of the late Harry Chapin and his song Cat's in the Cradle, where a man sees that his son has become a duplicate of himself earlier, but that is not what happened.

Carth is there almost as a guardian for his son's family, and only when he leaves does Dustil understand that his father wanted him to stay with his family as Carth had not. The ending is perfect.

Technical note: The reason I am ambiguous about how long it has been is because repairing all of the damage of a full bombardment leaving the devastation described in the game would be an enormous undertaking, almost terraforming the planet to return it to usability. That can take decades.

Pick of the Week
Sora Blade707 chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
I was on the verge of tears, considering that Revan died and Carth had to find a way to deal with it. I applaud your descriptiveness and on how you portray these characters. :) Shame there's not enough Male Revan x Carth, but your stories about it fill the void. Now you've inspired me to make a few fics about this pairing. XD Well, hope things are going well for you in life and that you can occasionally give us a new story or two. :)

-Blade
Dranzen chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Very emotional. Breathtakingly well-written.

Chu! Dustil is like his Dad in alot of ways. And I keep imagining Carth as this grumpy old man. Hee hee!

Zen-chan
Dante-Raven chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
There's some type of underlying quality I enjoy about this. It had that whole family perspective and what's more, it was amusing to find out that Dustil pretty much followed his father's life. I liked it, because in the end, Dustil only begins to realize more about his father than he had ever cared to think. Good one-shot.