Reviews for Kettle Whistle
Serendipily chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
It’s surprising that I missed this fic after the clutter of fanfictoin that came because of 6.18, but out of all the ones I’ve read, I have to say this one takes a battered Rory into a new sort of perspective.

I love how you enter Jess’s head in the first part of the stories. His mind clicks in and out of simple things and never dives too much into what he’s feeling. It’s Jess in all his undialogued glory. Jess being heartbroken and pondering to himself. I love that Jess. I love grown up Jess. I love 6.18 Jess. I love how you write 6.18 Jess. Not falling over depressed/heartbroken that I’ve read in so many other fictions. But in the better light of wanting someone to love him.

-“I love Logan.”

She always knows just the right words to rip him to shreds.—

I don’t know what to say to that, except maybe it’s true. Rory’s vocabulary has expanded away from the word ‘No”.

He has everything except her. That breaks my heart. He still wants her after all that time and she can only rip her to shred. Sometimes I feel he need to throw post season three Rory into a chipper.

-Close eyes. Open eyes. Ceiling. No ceiling. Ceiling. No ceiling.-

That’s my favorite part. Don’t ask me why, it just is.

I love the connection to Hamlet and his dying for her. It reminds me of this fic I read where Rory and Jess are constantly killing one another. Of course this is in dream sequence, but it’s still … so true. It’s blue in the face, jumping up and down yelling at you true. They are the ties that stab. Minus the sitcom and corny dialogue.

And she’s always running to him. Always showing up when something is wrong with her present boyfriend. That’s wonderful. And sad.

I love how they don’t have to speak, though the problem is right there in front of them. I love the bond you’ve created where everything can be taken in silence while he makes coffee for her. It’s simple and eloquent and all together too beautiful to even start thinking about.

-“Don’t…” he bites his lip. “Don’t go back to him. I know you said…you love him, but…” –

And it makes me hate her even more that she can still love someone who hurts her that way.

-She stares at him with those big eyes. They’re blank for a solid minute, but after that, he sees them change to a resigned sadness.

“Can we get my stuff tomorrow?”

Jess nods. “Yeah.”—

That makes me happier beyond belief. It’s like an end and maybe everything can be okay again. But it’s still so simple. So subtle. I love the way you write them. It’s almost perfect.

Okay, sorry for the ramble. It was a lovely fic.

-Lee
udon'tknowmebutiknowme chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
it's so sad but i like how she goes back to him, i actually like almost any story where she goes back to him. he's so good to her, and logan's a jackass.
helaluvE chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
really well written. i loved it :)
The Superior Critic chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Pretty good, espcially at describing Jess's emotions.
Eliza S chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
is a very short story, but it's very meaningful..

i loved it )
applexbabe chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
So touching and brilliant. Another beaut from you, Lipton :) Well done.
Nice-one chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Wow, this is seriously one of your best fics. Mostly, because it has the ending the episode deserved. I really love how you wrote this. It's exactly as Jess is and I can just see it all happening. The ending is more than perfect. And you know what? I love how he's not over her. That's just the sweetest thing ever. Plus, I'd love to read Jess' 101 ways to-list. That's gotta be something.
Hallon chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
I love it Leigh! I especially like that you didn't drag it out...didn't give any real explanations, didn't fix everything... There are all these lose ends, and I love it. :)

'Close eyes. Open eyes. Ceiling. No ceiling. Ceiling. No ceiling.'

That is my favorite part in all this. I have no real reason for this, but I raraly do, so that's just normal me. :)

And you give these little glimpses of life before all this that just makes it even better.

Well done story.

*hugs*
GilmoreGirljavajunkie chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Wow this was Great! I love it!
Some-Time chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Oh!Oh! aww...

Can we get a sequel?
tragicallyepic chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
That was amazing. I don't know what else to say except for that I absolutely loved that Rory went back to Jess. Stupid Logan. He needs to go die. This is definitely going on my favorites list!
Truly chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
I...

I love you.

Seriously. God. Thank you for this story. The writing is great, the style is awesome, and it's believable.

So, again. I love you.

-Tru
lee chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
*Siffle sniffle hugs Leigh*

Okay oh god oh god where to start let me start off by saying I liked it it really opened my eyes to something new I bet you'll leave this as a one shot and that's good I mean this story it just makes me emotional yet i'm happy at the same time that some people still have a little hope for Rory and Jess

She comes out of the bathroom and curls up on the couch huddled into his side. He puts her on the phone with her mother. He holds her gently and thinking of starting 101 ways to kill Logan Huntzberger.

*Staring at them on the couch and smiling like a maniac*

Beautiful my friend beautiful
Jane Jaded chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
sigh...if only. :)
lexi chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
That was so great...i mean sad but serioulsy i loved it!