Reviews for Addicts Never Lie
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 7 . 7/22/2020
I am truly curious...do people find this constant interfering into House's PRIVATE LIFE endearing?

House graciously opened his home to Wilson, because Wilson can't keep a relationship together with a gun to his head, and he is repaid by having his home searched and accusations flung at him. Would Wilson be so kind if House made it public knowledge throughout the hospital that Wilson slept with a patient? Airing private information is ALWAYS A TWO WAY STREET.

This argument sounded more like a parent scolding a naughty child...Well House is NOT a child

I know this story is LONG FORGOTTEN but I had it in my favorites for a reason and since I'm cleaning out all UNFINISHED stories I thought I'd read them first.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/15/2015
This is a beautiful story... Very moving...
I know I found it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late...
But please please please update
Agent ERA chapter 41 . 11/27/2013
Please, please, please tell me you're still working on this? This absolutely mind blowing! Very in-character. I really am enjoying this. So, does Wilson admit himself as an inpatient then?
tdjyfj chapter 40 . 6/8/2012
I love the way that all these self-righteous "get House off drugs whether he wants to or not" fics such as this one have been completely crapped on by the show - final episode, and yes, he is still on vicodin.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 15 . 3/5/2012
House did ask for help...it just wasn't granted.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 14 . 3/5/2012
Yea, another violation of HIPPA...I just love Cuddy. Love to see how she would react if House spilled HER MEDICAL INFORMATION.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
I wish either Cuddy or Wilson would acknowledge that House actually did come to BOTH of them about the increase in pain levels, but they BOTH dismissed it as "ALL IN HIS HEAD". Yea pretty sure I'd be medicating myself too, since I cannot trust my DOCTOR OR FRIENDS...no wonder House doesn't confide in anyone, no one believes him. Think about it What kind of genius Doctor WANTS to be stoned while trying to save lives? Not House, he was telling the truth when he told Cuddy that the pills don't make him high they make him neutral. Also I know that KIDSNURSE knows this but for those out there who don't...THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING "ADDICTED" AND "DEPENDENT". House's body is physically DEPENDENT to pain medication just as a diabetic's body is DEPENDENT on Insulin...same principle applies.
White Light White Heat chapter 41 . 11/17/2011
Oh god this is amazing. The addiction, the depression, everything! Wow. Wow.

Update. Finish the story. I beg you. Please! Finish the story.

Wow:)
Visitkarte chapter 41 . 6/21/2011
Very good insight on both addiction and depression, but we are hanging out here, waiting for more... Any chance to get it?
micetea chapter 41 . 3/17/2011
if I haven't review before I'm sorry. This is such a great story and I hope you will continue it") We need old school Hilson, slash or not too wash out the bitter taste of Huddy.
Illusions chapter 41 . 2/18/2011
Oh, please update more! This is really really good, please don't give up on it! I haven't read a good depressed!Wilson fic in so long... I really want to see what happens!
Guest chapter 41 . 12/23/2010
Can I give Wilson a hug now? Please?
unit76 chapter 25 . 10/22/2010
Chapter 25 is pretty much dead on as far as how I feel living with depression day-to-day. The rest of the fic so far is excellent as well and I'll comment further once I get through the whole thing, but I had to say how well this chapter portrays it - not too melodramatic or anything, but the whole deal of:

"He ignored his message machine blinking with phone calls and although he had the sense to take his dishes into the kitchen when he was done eating, he let them pile up in the sink. He left the towels hanging wet on the shower bar, and books and magazines were piled here and there in the living room. A huge pile of laundry was already accumulating inside his bedroom closet, and he didn't have the energy or the desire to take care of any of it.

The anti-depressants that the doctor prescribed obviously weren't helping, so Wilson had stopped taking and hadn't gone back for his follow-up visit. He knew that he was being stupid and incredibly stubborn about the whole psychiatrist thing, but he pushed it aside. He knew that he should go and get his meds adjusted; he knew that he should talk to someone about how he was feeling, but he just couldn't.

The depression had been coming on for awhile now and when it finally started to make its presence known, Wilson felt overwhelmed and exhausted. He hated the thought of having to go to work and having everyone tell him that he looked like crap or that he should have a more positive attitude about things. He was slowly getting used to the way that he was feeling.

At work he put on a stellar act, one that House would even be proud of. He dressed immaculately, got to work on time, and although he was quiet, he smiled a lot to give others the impression that things were fine. He stood tall and walked with an energetic stride. After two very convincing interrogations in which he explained to Cuddy and Chase that he was still feeling tired and stressed from the divorce and move, and that he was seeing the psychiatrist, they had stopped bothering him.

At night he would crawl into bed, his mind still wide awake though he tried his best to force himself to sleep. In the morning the process of living a lie started all over again. He felt like he was losing his mind, drowning..."

is just pretty much exactly how I feel and how I cope (or don't, really) when I'm unmedicated. And it's refreshing to see an accurate depiction.
my guilty ghost chapter 41 . 7/21/2010
This story is morose, bleak, highly depressing, and extremely powerful.

Sometimes the dialogue between characters is a little stiff, but you've made Wilson's descent into depression extremely believable, and even disturbing.

I can't wait to see where you go with this. Please give us an update soon.
Michelle chapter 41 . 5/17/2010
Hey it's me, I'm just too lazy to log in :] You're doing great so far, I'll message you tomorrow because I'm needing to go to bed right now. I just thought I'd read up on this and see how you're doing and it's great. I'm so glad you continued. I've been having issues with my Yahoo accounts lately and it's been very irritating so I don't get online often. But I'm starting to get more on fanfics again and I saw you updated. Talk to you soon,

~Michelle