Reviews for Mountain Guards
SpaceHead3 chapter 6 . 1/13/2014
This is utterly fantastic! I love the concept that Sauron is now if not the good guy then at least the protector. Great job!
TMI Fairy chapter 6 . 5/19/2013
One of the most unique pieces of LOTR fiction I've read!
Borys
yorozuyagaren chapter 6 . 3/7/2013
Fascinating and well-done. I do hope to see more of this.
Ka chapter 6 . 12/6/2012
Nice story. Like a good piece of slightly chewy meat, with a bit of a bitter but not unpleasant sauce. Practical. Humanity adapts and survives, whatever they may need to do.
Ophite68 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I Like this one!
Maus chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
Bitte bitte schreib weiter, ich will unbedingt wissen, wie es weiter geht!
Und falls du je ein Buch veröffentlichst, mach es auf deinem Profil bekannt ) Ich werde es auf alle Fälle kaufen
R.Tuesday chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Wow, this is incredible. Just started, can't wait to read the rest of what's up.
Shinkansen chapter 4 . 3/29/2011
Not loose, lose...
Larner chapter 6 . 11/27/2010
A handy escape, I must say! I always had the suspicion that Sauron cultivated such things as the Watcher in the Water!
Larner chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
That description of how it is that Elven blades might glow blue at the approach of orcs is truly chilling!
Larner chapter 4 . 11/27/2010
A terrible tale, superbly told. How far she has fallen from her wisdom!
Larner chapter 3 . 11/27/2010
To die by beauty is to be no less dead, I suppose. And for this to particularly kill orcs is, I must think, to be expected. Galadriel has turned out to be terrible indeed in her rule with the Ring!
Larner chapter 2 . 11/26/2010
I love seeing how the squads are arranged and the practical arrangements intended to train the newbies. Alas for his brother.
Larner chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
A fascinating premise, that so many should find themselves cooperating as a Ring-taken Galadriel seeks to make herself even worse than the Ring's own maker! And that she should use the Ring to so change and corrupt animals, bringing them into their own form of wraithdom in which she melds them into mass creatures of shadow-it's making me shiver! Most interesting!
Rhyselle chapter 4 . 10/21/2010
I am utterly gobsmacked by this chapter. The poem of the battle against the Eagle was totally, astoundingly amazing!

I found this fic thanks to the MEFA site, and I'm so glad that I followed the link after reading the summary there. The backstory of Galadriel's taking of the Ring is terrifyingly probable, and far more frightening with its genocidal goals than any other variation of Dark!Galadriel that I've ever read.

The characters of the Mountain Guard feel very real to me, and hearing the tale through the eyes of the narrator makes the events very real and immediate to me as a reader. I don't normally like tales told in the first person but this is an exception I'm glad to have read.

I plan to continue to read this tale, and will explore others that you've written, once I've finished this one.

Well done, Malicean! VERY well done!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »