Reviews for Dear Diary
PraeterMortalis chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I really enjoyed the final entry and the little part after, made everything turn about in a new light. I've seen Samurai X and I know the story pretty well now, but nevertheless. You portrayed her in a lot more detail than the movie did. Did a great job,

-Shad
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
What a wonderful idea and a well executed one. The sweep of the story is captured in a simple yet elegant way. I particularly liked the small touches, Kenshin's cold, Tomoe making him tea, the girl's parents commenting on Kenshin and Tomoe's response to that. I thought the final touch of revealing that Enishi was reading the journal was perfect.
bluekitsune251 chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Hmm. very interesting. are you going to keep writing? i'd like to read more. .
Warg chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Hey...

This is a nice sad piece.

Loved the gradual acceptance of Tomoe... moving from Battousai to Himura to Kenshin...

This is quiet and expressive while retaining Tomoe's sedateness.. and great ending...

This was a good read.. Cya
Citrus Newt chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Nice one-shot. I guess Tomoe's quite hard to write from this perspective. You capture the characters very well!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I liked this.

Tomoe's POV and her gentle personality (the way she liked having kids around and worried that Kenshin might get killed - even though she told herself it was only because she didn't want him killed before she had a hand in it) came through very well.

The way she meticulously recorded how Kenshin began to come alive again emotionally and the way she felt about that seems best exemplified in the way she wrote about the garden, something they both built that she truly cared about and didn't want ruined.

The reader of the journal at the end came as a huge surprise too, and was a great way to end it.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Hi, Zig-zag!

I'm sorry it took me so long to review your story. You did a very good job with Tomoe's thoughts. It was interesting to be able to see their life together through her diary. I particularly liked the ending, with Enishi closing the diary. All in all, I really liked the story. Thanks for all the pleasure you have given me with your writing!

I'm working on chapter 11 of "Kyuushutsu," but it is coming along very slowly because I'm dealing with some serious health issues. Don't worry, I will post it as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience!

Terry
BananaPropaganda chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Awsome! I especially like the end; it's good to think that Enishi had some sort of closure to his Jinchuu other than "You beat me but I still hate you."

I also noticed that as the months went, on Tomoe became more familiar with Kenshin. Like at first she was referring to him as "Battosai" and then "Himura," and finally, "Kenshin. Clever.

Paws
Lone.L chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Amazing. The briefness of the journal entries is something that normally would have turned me off of this one, but something kept me in. Maybe it was the quality of the few sentences in each one. You did a great job expressing exactly how Tomoe was, and her life with Kenshin through her eyes. I didn't notice any grammatical errors until the very last sentence with Enishi. In my opinion, to be quite honest, the journal entries had such a profound effect that you should have just dropped it at her last sentence and let the effect resonate within the reader.

I can also understand why you ended it the way you did, though, and although it isn't what I would've preferred, it was your story, and it was great. I want to see more oneshots like this from you. Amazing. Wonderful job.
Kristy-chan chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
great job! I really liked this story!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
This is a lovely, quiet, sad piece, and the emotions are tenderly and beautifully expressed. Seeing Kenshin through these distant eyes was quite moving. And I particularly liked "where" you placed it in the timeline-I can see Enishi sitting perhaps on that balcony looking out to sea and thinking about his encounter with Kenshin.

Good job!