Reviews for I Never Told No One
Zayhad chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
well written story indeed. I allways wondered why he was so affected by the beating and you kinda nailed a good reason here. good job!
Facemash chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Amazing. It is what I always thought happened to him, too, since he did have that abuse from his father, why was that beating by the socs such a big deal? It would have been way too controversial at the time for Hinton to put something like this in the book (she didn't even really spell it out that Soda's girlfriend got knocked up by some other guy, and it took me years to figure that part out-but I read this book when I was nine) but yeah, Johnny seemed way too traumatized for it to have just been a beating, this was beautifully written. Oh, this story is old, I just noticed. Maybe you'll get this.
ThatCrazyKitty-MalfoyLover chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Deeply moving story with an added twist of fear and love between friends. I had also always wondered what happend to Johnny Cade. This makes sense. I was quit happy that I found this I added it to my outsiders community. Thanks for writing this
Celestra chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
This just about breaks my heart.. poor Johnny. You handled this subject very well; if there's anything I can't stand in fanfiction, it's poorly written romance or rape scenes because they are much too delicate to be handled by 12 year old kids who don't know what they're talking about but think it'd be cool and dramatic to do it anyways. In any case, I really like the voice you gave Johnny.. very in character. Nicely done, overall.
jelica-wolf chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I really like it, in a dark, morbid way. Could you do it in Rand 's POV? Bob's POV? Maybe even Dally's POV? -Koharu
stupid101 chapter 1 . 2/16/2008

(\_/)

('.')

(")_(")
Freak in the Shadows chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
... I gotta hand it to ya, you've got those things down good. -_-
RockChic1992 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Wow! This was amazing and I know what I'm talking about, I read the book and I've always what happened to Jonny, your story was absolutely amazing, I hope you continue writing more like this.
AzelmaRoark chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Found this on a whim while browsing for Outsiders fanfic, and was hesitant to click on it because rape is hardly ever done well, but I'm very glad I decided to. This is a fantastic story. Your voice is gorgeous: both in-character and consistent with Hinton's style; this could very well have come straight out of the book. Also, I commend you for doing your homework on the subject matter. If you do not have a background in trauma, you fooled me: and congratulations, because I am difficult to fool. You were tactful, in-character and knowledgeable. I especially loved this line:

"I wish I was Dally or Darry, but I ain't. I ain't no one, and that's why this is happening to me."

You...just...it's perfect.

Johnny is spot-on. He was always my favorite character, and when I first read the book as a young teenager, I actually thought that something like this had happened to him. I think it fits absolutely seamlessly into canon.

I really have very little to say that isn't high praise. Perhaps the verbs were a bit heavy at times (removing the 'g' and etc) but that might be due to the fact that I haven't read the book in awhile and am not used to the dialect.

You have real talent and I sincerely hope that you will keep writing.

-Azelma :)
Jessi chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Is it right to feel that sad ovwer a story
akeru chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Intense...more to come?
milola chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
This is so sad but so well-written. My poor Johnny...I hope youll continue...youre awesome at writing such angsty stuff...
sidda mckay chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
oh, wow. that was intense. i actually heard johnny's voice in my head... just, wow. this is the best-written outsiders fic i've ever read.