Reviews for Those Lacking Spines
Kasan Soulblade chapter 11 . 6/20/2012
Congrads on this fic. I don't think I've laughed out loud at a parady as much as this one's caused me too. Vexen's line "my retina's have comited suicide" takes the cake. Thanks for this coherent, hillarious, snarky, yet informative work.

All begining fanfic writers should have this as part of their "must read" requisite, it might help them out.

Thanks for posting this.

KS
ConvertedToZemyx30 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
This chapter feels weird for me 'cause Francesca is my name...
Ladyfox10 chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
I simply have to ask, cause I do not get it (About the only thing I don't get and did not have me laughing out of my chair) what dose listening to Savage Garden mean? Other than that, I have to congrats on the story as a whole, it is so well put and (dare I say) Cracktastic. The worlds you wrote about are the reason why I don't want to write fanfiction and yet I can't help but read more. Thank you for putting this out.
Lillybell Lieberry chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
I've read this a few years ago. First in German then in English and I remember having a headache both times. Now it is really easy.

I also just understood the title. Always thought 'lacking spiner' was a noun, not 2 words :P
Trish95 chapter 13 . 4/11/2012
I think it was when I reached "the Coffeemaker of Nada" that I realized that this was going to be good. I've re-read the fic about three times since then and it's just as funny each time.

Shortly, you're awesome, this story's awesome, KH's awesome, etc. etc.

Keep up the good work and whatever you do, never stop writing!
Nefor chapter 13 . 4/5/2012
Incredible!

This should be required reading for all future authors, Kingdom Hearts based or not.
GoldenDragon326 chapter 11 . 3/30/2012
Oh, dear Lord!

"For the love of— it's trying to grow across my face!" Xaldin groaned, rubbing at his cheek. "It's trying to—oh my GOD, it's coming on to the right one!"

I cracked up here. The story has been terribly amusing so far, but that line took the cake. (No pun intended; my apologies, Vexen.)
HellsWinter chapter 13 . 3/9/2012
This is the funniest story I've read. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at it. Ugh so bad most of this is true. I love Yaoi don't get me wrong but I'd like to read different FF once in awhile without Roxas or Axel being butthumpers. Kudos to you!
Dornesque chapter 4 . 2/29/2012
I've read the 4 first chapters so far... and OMG, can I tell you that it is BRILLIANT?

The AU High-school was just SPOT-ON.

I love irony. Not many people can pull it off in their writings, but you do in the most amazing way. You have managed to shoot so many stereotypes down. You're a genius!

The "JEFFIROTH" killed me. Haha.

I'm off to read the rest. :)
AKAAkira chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Well...my biggest weakness as an author is that my vocabulary is quite limited, so I'm afraid I won't be able to completely express my unwavering appreciation of this fanfiction.

But HECK, this was an awesome roller coaster ride. The humour in here is so ingeniously architected, I bet nothing will knock THIS building down for a few dozen millennia. Your phrase - "the borderline between upsetting people and good-naturedly poking a little fun" - that was right on the spot. I couldn't count how many times I felt like your prose was yanking me along, and then make me misstep once before laughing its guts off at me. Pretty much everything - the original naming of the Gutless, Jeffiroth (and his entire choir), Vexen's fear of cake turning into a strong conclusion, Lexaeus' not-so-honourable moment pinned by the Bishonen - were terribly amusing, yet clever, points.

As well, that was a pretty bold move to put the likely three least regarded Organization XIII members in the spotlight, making it all the more brilliant when you pulled through and actually made them shine. And, kind of ironically, the moralistic recap in the story of bad fanfiction was made all the more significant by its rather formulaic positions in-text. Er, I think I phrased that right.

So...pretty much the only things I can complain about is the action not being delivered when promised, and the plot inconsistency of Sora sleeping in Twilight Town when Roxas was in the Organization. Admittedly trivial, considering this is a parody.

So in the end, this is definitely a fanfiction to be heartily recommended to others. Which I already have, so I suppose that's my good deed for the day(s?).

Thanks for writing!
BluEyedMalak chapter 13 . 2/18/2012
Wow. I'd never even HEARD of Kingdom Hearts before reading this, and I still loved it. I had to look stuff up online so I knew what all the characters looked like.

There are a lot of images in my mind now that won't go away. Like the Ukes performing Moulin Rouge in full costume, Jeffiroth trying to commit Seppuku with a 7 foot long katana, Xaldin's emoting sideburns, the residents of Toontown singing their version of 'The Man Who Was Jayne', the tupperware of... you knows, and, of course, Vexen versus the anthropomorphic chocolate cake XD.

Now, excuse me while I crawl in a corner and sob at my pitiful attempts at written humor after comparing them to Those Lacking Spines.
KarinXToshiro chapter 5 . 2/8/2012
This story...Is genius. or writing this, you are the most awesome human being on this planet. A fanfiction that makes fun of bad fanfictions without being one itself...I love this!
eiahmon chapter 13 . 1/23/2012
Okay, now that I've gotten a full night's sleep, I can actually review this thing. I stayed up three hours past my usual bedtime reading it all in one go. XD

And what a romp that was! I cackled like a lunatic through the entire thing, and I will never be able to take any of the Org XIII guys serious again, especially Marluxia. (NO! DON'T… RAPE… MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! - poor Marluxia does seem to serve as rape bait alot, doesn't he?) I loved it all: Lexaeus' method of Mary Sue disposal really had me cracking up, and Vexen's "WE DON'T HAVE HEARTS!" rants were hysterical. Even Xaldin, who is one of my least favorite members of Org XIII, shone in this fic.

I am curious though. At the end when they did Moulin Rouge, what was the cast? Zexion was the sitar(?) Xemnas, the penniless sitar player, and Saix as Satine, but who were the rest as? I am really curiuos. XD
Afterwards chapter 13 . 1/12/2012
Quote Vexen: "That... was beautiful." I really, really enjoyed this fic, it was just... amazing. There's really no word to describe it, that's how awesome it is. By far the best fanfiction I've ever read. The only thing that would make this better would be if Disney and Square Enix made a game out of it! I would really enjoy spending hours a day playing that! Best of luck, and keep up the great work!
versivalia chapter 13 . 1/9/2012
That... Was... BEAUTIFUL!

This has GOT TO BE one of my favourite fics!

I'd heard so much about it, and let me just say, IT DESERVES EVERY WORD AND SOME.

I'd say more, but I'm on my phone and my fingers are crying.

Thank you for making me laugh until my insides and mouth hurt.

Your fan,