Reviews for Those Lacking Spines
A Nony Moose chapter 13 . 10/5/2016
What did the fourth wall ever DO to you?
Falco276 chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
It's been 15 years since this fan fic got published in 2006 and it's still a masterpiece.
All of the satirical humor filled in this whole story really makes me feel like this should be turned into a movie right now. Thus it heavily lacks third-party references (I found 5% so far in the story), the direct random kicks of laughter still makes me feel like I'm addicted to the detailed words of professional writing you established in this story.
It's 2016 now and I'm still mind slapped with this story.
All of the Demykins quotes just revolve around my head and I sometimes laugh in public just because of thinking about this amazing story.
Of course, I have read some Smash Bros fics that are heavily populated with third-party references, mispellings, frequent use of cuss words, and a unique humor tone, but still those fics can't beat TLS.

Organization IV, I hope you don't mind, I got inspired from your story and I decided to do an MFB version of it. A lot of the scenes are changed and I added some drastic humor of my own.

I don't know if you will see this review of mine or not (since I didn't see any latest activity from this year or the last.) but I still wish your story an brilliant masterpiece in the whole universe! :D
Humfrery chapter 13 . 8/29/2016
Wonderful! Bravo! A silly story that seamlessly combined crack and philosophy! Just full of satire and legit advice for fanfic as well as one of the very few decent action sequences on . Like, seriously, you will not believe how many authors seem think their fights are any good when they are actually boring. Around chapter 10, it did seem like you dropped the satire a bit, but the ending was surprisingly satisfying. This is one of the few things these days that will get me to laugh and that says a lot. This is going promptly to my favorites list.
Humfrery chapter 6 . 8/29/2016
It has been such a long time since a fanfic was able to make me laugh out loud. I just am not a laughing dude. Until now. GG once again.
Humfrery chapter 5 . 8/29/2016
You... you actually managed to make the fight scenes interesting?! GG
TsukiNoBara chapter 5 . 6/26/2016
I'm still sad that Dream Drop Distance ruined Vexen's "WE DO NOT HAVE HEARTS" rant, because it's truly a thing of beauty.

(Ugh, stupid "one review per chapter" rule. I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to post links, so if you wanna reply for any reason, my user id is 60333, using this same name.)
XFlare chapter 13 . 4/21/2016
Hilarious. Excellent work.

Keep writing~!
Skeletoner chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
I don't know if I want to laugh, cry, or throw up. This is so accurate it hurts.
Amebeefs chapter 13 . 2/9/2016
Whew! I finally finished reading this fanfic after reading it on and off for, uh, a couple of weeks? All I can say is...wow. Your fanfic blew me away. I don't usually reread fanfics, but yours will definitely be one of the few stories I'll be revisiting from time to time. (Also one of the few stories which I'll use as guidance for fanfic/general writing. Yes, Those Lacking Spines is THAT good.)

Anyway, I'm not terribly witty so I'll just say THANK YOU for sharing this stunning collection of fanfiction advice disguised as entertainment. Being an avid reader of badfics (in other fandoms, that is), I sometimes get carried away with how awful some ideas can be. That also means I end up forgetting some very crucial things, namely that fans are (and should be!) free to create what they will and that scorning ideas out of sheer dislike doesn't help anyone. Your fanfic presented some excellent advice in a succinct, slightly sarcastic yet gentle manner, and I appreciate that a great deal.

I'd also like to thank you for being funny and an all-around astute author. I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan (I don't play video games; I found your fanfic on TV Tropes) but I can relate in a small way to the plight of the Nobodies, having dealt with emotional numbness caused by depression for as long as I can remember. Point is, feeling emotions deeply isn't something I do easily, much less often. Lately even the act of laughing has eluded me as well. That said, I was at least able to enjoy your humor on a intellectual level, even if my emotional components are...on leave of absence, so to speak, and your story provided me with a small dose of comfort in the form of escapism. You have a real flair for comedy and sensitivity, and I hope you keep sharing your wit with the world.
ayla.kocak chapter 13 . 1/16/2016
I laughed when you said you intended to piss off people, but I appreciated this. It was tons of fun to read, and I really enjoyed it. I've never recommended a fanfic to so many of my other fanfic buddies as much as this one. Thanks for this hilarious experience!
that one little guy chapter 7 . 1/6/2016
Is... is Vexen frequently turned into a redneck in fanfiction? I'm so confused...

At least Saix didn't get ukefied into Saix Puppy. *shudder*
that one little guy chapter 6 . 1/3/2016
I dunno, Scar is ALL Disney and that song still seemed to have an adverse effect...
ShadowLDrago chapter 13 . 12/24/2015
Vexen has a point, no heart doesn't mean no taste buds. Also, Xemnas and Saix as Christian and Satine in Moulin Rouge with the others as the other members. As someone who performed in Moulin Rouge, the very idea is absolutely hysterical.
ShadowLDrago chapter 12 . 12/24/2015
Grand Master Fangirl was 12. Wow that's sad. Also, Xaldin and Roxas are back. Neato.
ShadowLDrago chapter 11 . 12/24/2015
This is ridiculous. But it works.
1,907 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »