Reviews for Essential Colossus
adelphe24 chapter 3 . 7/29/2011
Cool. i still haven't read the comics. but i want too. this is a cool story. you really have captured Colossus.

please continue
thesagaciousowl chapter 3 . 2/5/2008
Interesting story ;D I like the old comics, so I’m enjoying it.

see ya

maia
Cat 2 chapter 3 . 2/4/2008
it's a really lovely chapter home. I like the description of Wolverine. thank you
Xakko chapter 3 . 2/4/2008
your Colossus has such a pure voice - I'm envious. The way you've captured the early Piotr so beautifully, and the scene with Jean just paints the perfect picture of both characters.

minor nit - Bobby was very negative towards the new X-men team, and the old ones left almost immediately upon return. Playing jokes on Piotr - except in a mean-spirited way - doesn't seem to fit with Iceman at the time.
Author376 chapter 3 . 2/4/2008
Oh!

Thank you so much for updating this story, Madripoor Rose. I had really enjoyed reading the first 2 chapters and I was wondering if there was going to be a third. I'm really happy to see that you've gotten that third chapter done!

I really loved the action and think that you nailed the interaction between the various X-Men, but what really shined through was how you wrote Piotr. He seemed just like who he should be fresh off of the collective as such a young man!

I absolutely loved all 3 of the chapters and can't wait till you update again!

Thanks for the cool morning read!

Author376
Cat 2 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
great story, but you forgot Wolverine in the intros. He and Peter get on really well (if you leave Kitty out of it).
Wolvmbm chapter 2 . 10/26/2007
Please continue on telling your story of Colossus life as an X-men, but from his POV.

I can't wait until you introduce Kitty into this series. :D
Kitty Rasputin chapter 2 . 4/1/2007
This is different. I really like it. I don't think anyone else has done anything like this before. Keep up the good work. I wait impatiently for the next chapter.
Akiyra chapter 2 . 3/30/2007
I like all Piotr's commentary on his adventures, but is all or most of the dialogue the same as the comics? A lot of it sounds familiar to me, but I don't have Essential Uncanny on hand to check. If it is, I suggest you quit reiterating the same stories everyone knows and instead continue to focus on Piotr, his personal feelings and thoughts, instead of the plot. Then it will really be the Essential Colossus.
darkstorm5000 chapter 2 . 3/30/2007
Great chapter! Nice job of showing Piotr's initial reaction to the rest of the X-Men, him trying to get used to the idea of his new role as 'superhero', and of his attempts to ingratiate himself into Ororo's good graces, in particular.
LSR-7 chapter 2 . 3/27/2007
How old is this story? Is it from the 70s/80s? Or a renewal of the universe more recently?
LSR-7 chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
interesting. I like reading this.
myelephantgirl chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
O, a Colossus story, yay! I love Colossus, and I love the way you write him. I've read your other work and I'm a big fan. I liked Piotr's interaction with his family, since it's such a big part of his character. I hope to see more of this story, it's really great!
blue-fuzzy chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
i was reading the first issue that Piotr appeared in and noticed that scott was not with the professor when he recruited him. and if i'm not mistaken, i think the russian word for goodbye is 2 words, not one and spelt-da svidaniya ( i not sure though, i'm still learning it on the basics) but otherwise, it is very good!
Lia Fail chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
Wow! I spend a little time away from fan fiction and look how much I miss!

I was so happy when I realized the time period of your story. Besides the Liberators mini series and the few flashbacks in Bloodlines, no one’s really given any real details to Peter’s life before the X-Men. I loved seeing him interact with people outside his family, and to see him act young and so very human. Oh, and big bonus points for the scene with Illyana.

I also love how effortless this story seems. Not because it feels rushed, but because it reads like the words just flowed out exactly the way you wanted from start to finish. There’s such an easy, natural flow to all your stories that’s part of what make them such a joy to read. I can’t wait to see what happens next.