Reviews for Courting The Jester
Kyu-Momo chapter 19 . 4/13/2013
Wow... Seriously... I'm still gaping at the screen in amazement.
This was brilliant. A hellish, peril-filled, emotional thrill ride to the end and I loved every second of it.

Oh god, you captured the terror so perfectly and you had me clenching my hands and leaning forward in my seat, utterly on edge. And oh god, the way you write the characters... Breathtaking.

Amazing. Simply Amazing. :)
Sifirela chapter 19 . 9/3/2010
I still enjoy this story even after almost 4 years later I missed fanfic alot and yours of RW I've read in a long time. Thank you so much for writing this. I hope you really do write your own novel and publish it! :)
RoseJustice chapter 19 . 8/13/2010
DANGIT! I was really hoping Kneto and Mia would actually end up together!
RoseJustice chapter 10 . 8/13/2010
LOL! GO KENTO! BREAK THAT FIGHT UP!
Fabelie chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Wow, it has been a while hasn't it?

I can't believe that I missed the follow up story to "Between the Lines," and it's been years...

Oh well. I'll review here and there seeing as this story has been finished for quite some time now. *Sigh*

~Fabelie
LordxxAxelxxLover chapter 19 . 3/18/2009
...Holy. Crap. I don't think I'll be able to find another Ronin fic nearly as good as this-this piece of awesome-ness. My emotions were goin haywire and usually I can predict lotsa stuff in stories...Not this one, yo! You win.
Juzu chapter 19 . 2/4/2009
Wow, this story kept me on my toes. Felt felt just as confused as the characters did at times, but that's what kept me reading, to find out more. You did a wonderful job with this. It had my attention from the very beginning. You made everything feel so life like. It was great!
x0xBlossomingxChrysanthemumx0x chapter 19 . 8/12/2008
Wow, that was crazy. In the words of EternalSailorV "I will never read it again, but I'm glad I read it in the first place." Excellent job.
Rae Seddon chapter 19 . 5/14/2008
I read this on your website and it gave me nightmares...not much does that...but you write wonderfully in the horror genre, and I love the idea of Mia going so far to protect the guys. Also, I never thought Kento and Mia would make such an awesome couple until I read this.
EternalSailorV chapter 19 . 9/10/2007
Well, that was officially the scariest fic I've ever read on what, with the evil crazy dude, scuttling around and all fours in every which direction and looking all bitey! Yeek!

You know, I can't honestly say I liked this fic. I finished reading it though, so that has to say something. I'll put it this way. I will never read it again, but I'm glad I read it in the first place.

There are so few, well written, complete, Ronin Warriors fics out there, that I've just gotta thank you for finishing this one.

I was surprised by the completely non-fluffy ending. I expected Nikki to bolt, but I also expected Mia and her man to at least start a relationship. Way to go against the norm and leave everything uncomfortable at the end. :)

Thanks for writing!
Cat Paws chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I had come across this a little while ago and am quiet glad I did. This is really good and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for keeping it intesting and ruff. Getting a little down and dirty is good everynow and then. Nice work and am glad you see it fit to share.
willowsandgables chapter 19 . 2/25/2007
I finally sat down and read the entire thing tonight - I read the first few chapters when you first put them up, and I never got around to reading it until now. I am officially speechless and it is four in the morning, and I kind of don't want to go to sleep.

Damian is one of the creepiest bad guys I have ever read in ANY book. After reading through this monster, he's right up there with Pennywise the Clown for me *shudders* I don't like the humming, and I think the most creeptastic line was when Mia realized he was lying in bed with her and said something like 'he had been right there all along.' I'd like to wash that visual from my brain, please.

Speaking of visual (this review's getting long, but I'm hyped up and loved every minute of this) I could picture this story like a movie playing in my head. You're so descriptive, and almost painfully so when it comes to everyone's emotions. The flashbacks were REALLY well done, and I had the same questions the Ronins did throughout the entire fic about what the hell was going on. You know, I totally thought it was Ryo and Mia that had the 'thing' going on, and I was really surprised that I was wrong and it turned out to be Kento, but you kept up that ambiguousness for a lot of the flashbacks, too, so it was kind of fun trying to piece everything together as I was reading.

I wasn't a huge fan of Nikki, probably because she wasn't very likeable for most of the fic - I didn't start to understand why she acted that way until the end. And oh man, the epilogue? When she starts to hear him whisper in her ear and starts humming? KILLED me. Dead. I had tears in my eyes. I really thought you were bringing that scary son of a bitch back. I was so glad it was just a dream, LOL.

So this was EXCELLENT and I really enjoyed the ride. I love your spot on characterization of everyone, and I have to add that Ryo really stepped up and showed what he was made of during this fic. Bravo, Em!
Marie Kenobi chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
I'm a terrible reviewer and friend for taking this long...gomen, gomen a million times over, em!

To point out my favorite parts from the past two chapters:

*Cye bent his head, leaning in towards the others, and for one brief moment everything was all right again. They were all here together and they were okay. They had made it this far, everything was going to be alright.

Rowen chose that moment to come flying past, hitting on his back and skidding until his helmet cracked against wall. He grunted and struggled upwards, rolling his eyes at the four huddled together.

“Do you guys think you can have one of these ‘moments’ after we kill the bad guy?” Rowen inquired sarcastically. “Cause Kento and I are getting our butts creamed.”*

*“Oh SHIT Kento!” Rowen yelled just before they hit with a stupendous force.* ROTFL That part was just too awesome. I can so imagine Rowen saying that and reacting in just such a manner. XD

*“You okay, Seiji?” Rowen asked, knowing that Sage wasn’t okay, that he wouldn’t be okay for a very long time, and that Sage would now lie to him because that was the only thing he could do without pouring his broken heart out. The use of his Japanese name was Rowen’s way of telling Sage that he knew all this, and that he was worried, and that he cared.

“Yeah. I’m fine, Touma.” Sage knew he knew. And he appreciated it. Sometimes guys said more in their few words than anyone ever realized.* This part truly was beautiful, well-written, and well-thought out. It struck me immediately and has to definitely be one of my favorite interaction scenes between any of the boys throughout the whole story.

This was another wonderfully written story that you presented us with. You kept me on the edge of my seat and moved me emotionally in so many directions. Even weeks after having finished it I find myself wanting to go back and read many parts again. Beautiful work, em! I certainly look up to you and hope you'll grace the fandom with another story soon! :-D
Inda chapter 19 . 11/30/2006
Adding you to favorites!
EmpressAuthor chapter 19 . 11/28/2006
And you still manage to leave your readers wanting more. *applauds* congrats! Though stories with cliffhangers leave me throwing plushies at the wall, I still enjoy them because they give you that sense of "you can either let it go here or pick it up later." Does Rowen go after Nikki? Will Mia go after Kento? Do they ever find Kayura? They're all questions that are both answered just as much as they're left out in the open. This story is defintely one of my new favorites!