Reviews for Fully Alive
Hanyou Hitokiri chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Very cute! I understand about ficlets...eh...anyway, lol. I liked it. The the girl described in question makes me think more of Misao through Aoshi's view, but I can see where it can also be Kaoru in Kenshin's thoughts.
Anonymous but very interested chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
How short and simple...and yet so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this!

Good luck.

_
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Seeing Misao through Aoshi's darkened, fallow soul makes her all the most "sparkle" and "bubbles". Aoshi's barriers back to life and light are quite different from Kenshin's, and this piece really captures them. He is hiding from life (having him spend all day, every day meditating in that temple is a perfect metaphor for his "stuckness"), while Kenshin is living a life, albeit denying himself, refusing to open up to it.

Of course, that last line is lush and sensuous-I can feel the cool slick sand through my own fingers-and he seems almost paralyzed by his indecision, her "shock", his impending loss of distance.

Beautiful!
Kishofwings chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
I say go for another 100 one! It was great! You have a great mastery with the use of sensory words! Great work! ; )
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Yes I do think you should try another one! Drabbles, as frustrating and difficult as they are to write, are also very satisfying, and you've certainly produced one of quality. Seems more Kenshin-y to me, but I think in some ways he supresses his feelings more powerfully than Aoshi. Very enjooyable.
Nanashi chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Wow, it was really good. you should really write another one
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
EXCELLENT. You are a spectacular author, no matter how long the fic is. I'm a big KxK fan, so I will assume it is my favorite little red-head (who, according to several sources, would be 1-2" shorter that me... *snickers*). The descriptive language is superb. Great job. More please! *holds out plate*
ms.marigold chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I saw the portrayal of relationships as you wrote this one. It an be Kenshin/Tomoe, Kenshin/Kaoru, Aoshi/Misao, Tokio/Saitoh, whomever you are referring to. But I truly enjoyed reading your work. I love how you wrote descriptions and it felt like one hundred words had equaled to a long story. I'll be wanting to read from you so I hope you write more. )
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Yes, i think you should write another one! This one was wonderful :)
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I think you capture the essence of what would overcome either Aoshi's or Kenshin's remorse and guilt. I agree whole-heartedly that this works for Misao as well as Kaoru. What a wonderful testament, "The way she moves carries its own excitement. Her smile lights her up from the inside, like candles in a paper lamp.

She is fully alive, and beams with it."
Soundless-echo chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
i don't know i liked it D i definetly think you should write another one!
Arukou chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Very nice. It's really not fair that in one-hundred words you manage to say so much. Very wonderful, vivid, original descriptions of Kaoru/Misao. Whomever you favor more. You also managed to use a word I've never seen before (lachrymose.) Stinking hunt for the dictionary ensues. Frankly, my favorite part is the last line. "...reserve slide away like fine sand through my fingers." Wonderful. Yes, you should write more of them because even one hundred words leaves me craving.

Sincerely,

Jade Lightning_Wolf
xZig-zagx chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Heh... I don't think I'm quite awake yet. When I read the email saying there was a new story I read it as: Furry Alive. Hehe, I was really intersted at that point. Fully Alive makes SO much more sense. *rubs more junk out of eyes*

Yes, it could have been either one of them, I was thinking as I was reading. I couldn't pick out for sure which one it was. I thought it was really well done! Congrats on your first 100-word ficlet!
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
You probably don't need to worry in that quarter- your 100 word drabbles come out as well as your other fics.

I think the fic can suit many, many pairings. Kenshin/Tomoe, Kenshin/Kaoru & Aoshi/Misao being the most obvious, Shishio/Yumi and Saitou/ Tokio (he must have had *some* inner scars from the Bakumatsu)works for me too...

Your sheer power of description astounds me.-your rendition of how the girls' are seen through the boys' eyes, their sheer power of healing to the latters' tormented souls is very true. Keep it up, and write another if the inspiration strikes you again.
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Hehe, I guess it could be either Aoshi or Kenshin... but I'm leaning on the side of Kenshin mostly because he seems to be more in tune with his emotions that Aoshi does. XD Awesome work! I would love to see you post up more ficlets like this; they make great writing exercises, don't they? :3 Thank you for sharing it with us!