Reviews for I Never Knew You
ProlifeJesusFreakWriterGal chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This is good.
Drica not signed in chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I entirely disagree with most of the previous reviews. It was easy to understand and chilling in its accuracy. It's acceptance of Christ as Savior and faith in Him for redeption that does it.
Trinity Dragon chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Scary. That's why I'm saved by the blood of Christ. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, I added "Jesus Criminal" and this one to my c2 Archive. If you don't want them there, just e-mail me.
KellyXo chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Although basically I think I understand what the poem/story is saying, I do have to agree with the other reviewers that it is just a little confusing in its presentation. Since it has such an important message to give, I would love to see it tweaked just slightly to address those points of confusion, because I think it has great potential, and I think the points of confusion could be fairly easily fixed. Just my thoughts.

Still, some very nice writing over all.

Of course, "faith" (the virtue which enables man to assent to the truths revealed by God) and "goodness" (doing the will of God according to His revealed truths - summarized profoundly in His two great commandments) always and absolutely go hand-in-hand; each is part of the other.
Shylocks revenge chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
This concept never get's old, does it? Somehow, I think that goodness is much more important than faith. But hey, I'm just a backward, unknowing Jew, why should you listen to me?
Knottz11 chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Sky-101, I think everyone understands that "just because someone says that they are a Christian does not mean that they truly love Jesus, and have asked forgivness for sins" and everyone understands that "not everyone who says that they are Christian are truly right with the Lord". We all know that. That's not the issue.

I actually think that you missed the point of what people were trying to say. The point that I can see here, is that the poem is confusing. First it says one thing then it says something that seems to contradict this. One is not clear on what the true message was. For example, first the author says, "Not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven." This is true of course. But then later on the author says, "It was faith alone, And love and honor in Him, That salvation could be made." This seems contradictory. It seems to ignore all of the implications of the original statement, which instructs us that we MUST do the will of the Father in order to enter His kingdom. Even the devil has faith. So this muddled message is definitely a problem. Perhaps it was just presented badly, and the author could make it more clear with a few minor adjustments. I'm sure the author had a very good message to give here, because I see glimpses of it. But the wording and the manner in which it is put together are confusing and thus the good message is lost. One does not really come away with a clear idea of what this author was attempting to say. We know that not everyone who claims to be one of God's children will automatically be welcomed into His kingdom. That's obvious. But what is it that actually damned the person in this fic? We don't get a clear message, because the author seems to want to say everything at once, even when one thing contradicts the other. It's not really good writing. So overall, I have to agree with Iridesse and a couple of others, who actually seemed to give very thoughtful criticism, rather than just offering a few cliche words or phrases, which is what most reviewers tend to do.

This poem seemed to have great potential, but the follow-through was disappointing. It just needs a little work. God bless!
Sky-101 not signed in chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
I thought that this was a great poem, and sadly very true. Just because someone says that they are a Christian does not mean that truly love Jesus,and have asked forgivness for sins. There are even preachers in churches who are not Christians. I hope people take waning from this poem and truly examine their hearts to see ifthey are right with th Lord.

Also, some people have review saying that this poem does "not really make much sense...you are missing the point of the Lord's words. You are distorting them to fit your own ingrained notions" THis was written by Iridesse. I have to say that I completely disagree with her/him. Firstly, this poem makes complete snse - it is saying that not everyone who says that they are Christian are truly right with the Lord him and have asked to be forgiven of their sins. These so called "Christians" will know this at the day of judgement - they will then be condemned to Hell for eternity. Secondly, Mordori, is not distorting Scripture. Matthew 7:21-23 (Contemporary English Version)- 21Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. 22On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, "We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles." 23But I will tell them, "I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!" That passage clearly supports Mordori's poem, so to be honest you do not make sense, and are twisting scripture. I hope I have clearly put across my view.

Mordori, this was a great poem, and I hope that you continue writing! God bless! Cya 'round! Sky-101 x
RileyMabb chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
I tend to agree with Iridesse. I did not really understand the poem, as you almost seem to be saying two different things at once. It had some good lines, and then it had some lines that seemed to sort of twist the words of God into something that they were not meant to be. Your meaning is obscure at best, and your treatment of the subject matter is too shallow over all... It just seems that matters of such importance deserve better, more substantive and more accurate treatment.

I don't want to just be critical, but I really couldn't get anything meaningful out of the poem because of all these problems, so I didn't know what else to say...
ImperialSN chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
I think this was very well done, and it touched me.

God Bless,

Allie
Lisa's Hope chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Iridesse is a clueless retard. In fact she's probably exactly the sort of person this fic is about.
xMugen no Kokyokyokux chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Now that I reread this...Iridesse does have a good point, so I have to change my mind about your work. It's not really a poem, and it does sound kind of twisted. I suggest that you rethink the premise of the work you're doing.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Very interesting.
888888888888888888888888 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
This was a very powerful poem, mind you.

It literally touched me and it was very well written.

God bless.
Iridesse chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I found that the poem did not really make much sense.

I think you are missing the point of the Lord's words. You are distorting them to fit your own ingrained notions. Be very careful of that. It's a very serious thing to do.

There's a lot more depth to the words of the Lord than you seem to have indicated here. If you truly love Him, as you seem to understand is important, then you will hear His words as they are truly meant, rather than only hearing them as you would like to hear them.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked"

"If you are neither for Me nor against Me, I vomit you out."

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

"Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit shall be cut down, and shall be cast into the fire."

"Not everyone that saith to Me: Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOTH THE WL OF MY FATHER, Who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven."

God bless.