Reviews for Replacements
YourFavouitePlushie chapter 8 . 8/28/2007
I really need to know what is going to happen, now that Envy (or Hughes) has shown himself to Roy. I'm also going to guess that Lust is or was Riza?

I just can't wait!
Kawaii-Nekochan88 chapter 8 . 2/18/2007
It's been a long time since you've updated - I'm very glad you did. Another excellent chapter! Keep it up )
3karen3 chapter 8 . 2/16/2007
i love this update soon and i bet lust is riza. update fast
Legendary Chimera chapter 8 . 2/14/2007
Oh, so is it Envy or something? I know it's been a while since I've read this, but I didn't remember what had happened to Ed, Al and the homunculai since then so unless it's that I'm kind of confused. Good chapter though. Very nice.
Dailenna chapter 8 . 2/13/2007
I agree - the docks do sound ominous. Just like "in the bushes" or something like that. I personally think that, in this case, it's because at the docks there's always either no-one there - no witnesses to any accidents - or there are masses of people - so many people that no-one'll notice one or two go missing unless they put up a HUGE fuss.

And here enter Envy and Lust (I'm guessing ;) ). Very nice entrance.
rook chapter 7 . 10/8/2006
I can't believe this story is six months old and I'm just now finding it. It' very good, and I love how you draw out the characters in such a way that nothing seems rushed or campy. It's very suspenseful too. Can't wait to see what happens next. Hope it doesn't take two months either.
Legendary Chimera chapter 7 . 10/8/2006
I normally don't get into OC's (even if I'm inclined to write them myself;) but this is really well written. Poor Laura, having such a face as Dante's. This is very clever and such a twist from the fanfiction norm. I'm loving the mystery and will be eagerly awaiting for more. Peace out!
RandomWriterPerson chapter 7 . 10/5/2006
hii! it's me again.. well.. nice... but there had better not be any thing going on between that girl and Mustang! i'm a royai fan... hahaha okok.. doesn't matter.. it doesn't seem to fit into any part of the fluff catagory... so i'm going to give you that... well... um... didn't really like this chapter... no action or angst... i'm a MAJOR fan of angsty stuff... so yeah... sorry i sisn't give good reviews for this chapter... i'm kinda cranky right now... i'll try to review better for the next chapter... no offence... wel i hope.. but i felt this chapter wasn't as good as the past 6 chapts... but that's just me... and i sometimes criticize stuff... so just take this as constructive criticism then... lol i'm just kinda out of it today... so yeah... sorry for the umm... flames? lol Ja!
Anne Packrat chapter 7 . 10/4/2006
All right. This is interesting enough to keep reading, and I am curious as to how you handle the hints you've dropped. Don't forget about the Hughes homonculi or whatever that's running around our side of the gate.
Dailenna chapter 7 . 10/4/2006
Another interesting chapter :) I like that she didn't actually win the chess game - Even if they had been playing all night, that would be a tad unrealistic. You've written it well.

I find it amusing that she's still living on a park bench and no one's found out. Maybe after staying in Mustang's pay for a while, she'll be able to afford an apartment? It's not like she has to spend all of the money she already has on bills or anything :P

I like it _ I'll hang around for the next chapter :)
RandomWriterPerson chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
i like the way you kept everything and everyone as close to their part in the anime as possible. Roy as we could all tell, was sad, but he withdrew into himself, not like others would make him drink him life away. everyone was kept well in character. Great Job

Furthermore i like the amount of though you put into builing this character. unlike other authors who would mainly put her as a distraction to Roy and to constantly flirt with him, you made her based on the characteristics of the other FMA characters, so completely different and yet so similar in various ways! i like it. the 'No-Nonsense' attitude like Hawkeye, and the naive childlike demeanour and the yet so mature thinking. the way you emphasized that she is merely and Investigator, really works!

Also normally with OCs in the fanfic, the story line would be more complicated regarding the fact that you have to keep everyone INCLUDING the OC in charatcter, but you REALLY made it WORK!

The effort you put into understanding the OC's character is also VERY WELL appreciated! unlike others who would try to make it up on the way, i could tell you've put ALOT of thought into this and i can tell that based to the rather vague hints that you gave ALOT of though into this. from those small hints, i can deduce that you know the character's personality inside and out. a Wonderful Job with this part.

and thus i end my REALLY long Review... i can't wait for the next chapter! Keep Up the Good Work!
Dailenna chapter 6 . 9/20/2006
Hm . . . what to say, what to say . . . (and how to condense it all into a simple review).

It was with hesitation that I clicked on your story - I knew it would be Riza dead, and she's my favourite character, so I wasn't sure that I wanted to read it. You've remedied that initial pause I had, however, with an amazingly well put together piece of writing.

One key aspect that I admire: you've added an original character, and they aren't desperate to fit in or over-dramatised. Laura acts with a level-headedness that is rare even in the fanfiction portrayal of the anime/manga's characters. Altogether, that makes it for a more interesting story, because while the focus is on her and her discoveries, it doesn't mean that the plot progresses at a stupidly unrealistic rate.

And about that rate of occurence: you don't have everyone lazing about all of the time, but neither are they incredibly active. You've managed to define a substantial timeline by inserting description inside most conversations. It gives not only a better sense of time, but also an idea of the character's concentration span.

In short, this was a delightful surprise - a well-written story with good plot, timing, and characters. Your skill is amazing, and I'm looking forward to the next part of the story :)
Niarisu chapter 6 . 9/18/2006
Well, this is rather interesting so far. I enjoy how your OC is decent, believable, shall we say. Also, Ed still is alive! yipee! Anyways, things seem to be taking a turn to the interesting, hmm?
Ceirwy chapter 6 . 9/18/2006
twists and turns. I love it. Your plot connections are very well done as well.
Ceirwy chapter 5 . 9/17/2006
Wow! I love your OC! She's very well written and your story line is very intreaguing. Wonderfull! I will definatly be keeping an eye out for this one.