Reviews for Divergent Dreams
RivetRivet chapter 23 . 5/24
The angst here is something I cannot handle correctly. I read this story one chapter every couple of hours because I cant handle too much drama. Good writing though, and the suspense is enough to move my ass to the edge of my seat
Jo chapter 27 . 4/12
Clever use of all the quotes from the movie. It fits well with the context of your story.
Andy chapter 19 . 4/12
What the hell Ennis? How could you betrayed Jack's trust.
That is so sad, I like Lureen, I didn't expect you to kill her off like that. Was it really necessary? Poor Bobby.
Jo chapter 4 . 4/11
Like the use of Jack's quote from the movie, "It could be like this, just like this, always. It'd be some sweet life"
How appropriate and it a much happier circumstances too. I like it in this context way better than in the movie.
Jo chapter 3 . 4/11
Loving this story so far.
The main reason why the movie is a tragic love story is because Ennis in the movie never had the sense to realize this "I tol' ya once that if ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it. I was wrong, Jack. I was wrong, an' I'm sorry. I know now that it shoulda been the other way 'round. If ya can't stand somethin' ya gotta fix it..."
Mych0ice chapter 38 . 12/8/2013
Excellent story...
FallingFireStar chapter 38 . 3/23/2011
Awww, I've really enjoyed this thanks so much for writing it :)
prettilitTLepoison chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
believable and very smooth in the way you wrote this, I like when things go slow in relationships. Its better and more climatic in the end.
ArtAngst chapter 38 . 9/20/2007
Alright, i commented last night, but I ended up NOT finishing it last night (not nearly *sweat drop*) and instead spent six hours reading it today.

Like I've already said, this is WONDERFUL. You do a spectacular job of creating a scene without going heavy on the imagery. While you gave the reader the whole chapter on Brokeback, you didn't give anything particularly detailed or specific, but everything you wrote was so perfectly placed that it painted the picture brilliant and clear. It takes real talent to do that!

I also loved the deliberate repetition that you used; it made the whole thing take on the semblance of some epic poem; all romance and drama and tragedy and more romance. It was a joy to read!

Last, but not least, i agree with just about everything you said in your AN at the beginning of the last chapter. I felt the same way as I read the story and watched the movie; I wanted Ennis to stop being so bloody lonely, and it's refreshing to have a divergent (Hah! Title!) story that goes into what could have been if hearts and been heeded and life had been just a little bit kinder.

In the end, it's just a lovely work; as good as any novel, and truly heart warming. Sorry for such a bloody massive review, I just have so much to say!

I guess that's all for now (until I start reading that sequal! ;) ) Chow!

~Erin
ArtAngst chapter 3 . 9/19/2007
I'm only on chp 3 right now, but I'm already loving it. I think I might just read until three in the morning if I have to...

btw, love the minnesota references *is a minnesota girl* I don't know why I find it so funny to hear about Bemidji in a fanfic, I just do.

Wonderful writing! Very emotional and very beautiful!
Senorita Rage chapter 38 . 5/7/2007
I am so adding this story to my favorite's list. I hope ennis and Jack get to keep Bobby. Update soon, please?
Senorita Rage chapter 34 . 5/7/2007
I knew they were going to hook up! About time!
Senorita Rage chapter 15 . 5/5/2007
Even from reading this I can feel the sexual tension growing in Tyler and Ennis. Hopefully they don't act on it. News flash to Tyler's friends, justb/c someone's gay does not mean they will be attracted to anyone who is gay. Jeez. I think Tyler needs to get laid, to help him forget about ennis.
Senorita Rage chapter 12 . 5/5/2007
I love that part about Ennis feeling sexually attracted to Tyler. Hopefully they don't have an affair. Right? That must suck for Ennis, knowing that the asshole(the guy who he thought was his father) who scared him to hide who he truly is, isn't his father. I thought the reason James was alone was b/c he was gay. Making him Ennis' father makes the story more interesting.