Reviews for Divergent Dreams
Mych0ice chapter 38 . 12/8/2013
Excellent story...
FallingFireStar chapter 38 . 3/23/2011
Awww, I've really enjoyed this thanks so much for writing it :)
prettilitTLepoison chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
believable and very smooth in the way you wrote this, I like when things go slow in relationships. Its better and more climatic in the end.
ArtAngst chapter 38 . 9/20/2007
Alright, i commented last night, but I ended up NOT finishing it last night (not nearly *sweat drop*) and instead spent six hours reading it today.

Like I've already said, this is WONDERFUL. You do a spectacular job of creating a scene without going heavy on the imagery. While you gave the reader the whole chapter on Brokeback, you didn't give anything particularly detailed or specific, but everything you wrote was so perfectly placed that it painted the picture brilliant and clear. It takes real talent to do that!

I also loved the deliberate repetition that you used; it made the whole thing take on the semblance of some epic poem; all romance and drama and tragedy and more romance. It was a joy to read!

Last, but not least, i agree with just about everything you said in your AN at the beginning of the last chapter. I felt the same way as I read the story and watched the movie; I wanted Ennis to stop being so bloody lonely, and it's refreshing to have a divergent (Hah! Title!) story that goes into what could have been if hearts and been heeded and life had been just a little bit kinder.

In the end, it's just a lovely work; as good as any novel, and truly heart warming. Sorry for such a bloody massive review, I just have so much to say!

I guess that's all for now (until I start reading that sequal! ;) ) Chow!

~Erin
ArtAngst chapter 3 . 9/19/2007
I'm only on chp 3 right now, but I'm already loving it. I think I might just read until three in the morning if I have to...

btw, love the minnesota references *is a minnesota girl* I don't know why I find it so funny to hear about Bemidji in a fanfic, I just do.

Wonderful writing! Very emotional and very beautiful!
Senorita Rage chapter 38 . 5/7/2007
I am so adding this story to my favorite's list. I hope ennis and Jack get to keep Bobby. Update soon, please?
Senorita Rage chapter 34 . 5/7/2007
I knew they were going to hook up! About time!
Senorita Rage chapter 15 . 5/5/2007
Even from reading this I can feel the sexual tension growing in Tyler and Ennis. Hopefully they don't act on it. News flash to Tyler's friends, justb/c someone's gay does not mean they will be attracted to anyone who is gay. Jeez. I think Tyler needs to get laid, to help him forget about ennis.
Senorita Rage chapter 12 . 5/5/2007
I love that part about Ennis feeling sexually attracted to Tyler. Hopefully they don't have an affair. Right? That must suck for Ennis, knowing that the asshole(the guy who he thought was his father) who scared him to hide who he truly is, isn't his father. I thought the reason James was alone was b/c he was gay. Making him Ennis' father makes the story more interesting.
Senorita Rage chapter 6 . 5/5/2007
OmG! So much drama in one chapter! i thoght lureen was a little O.C., yet Jack was leaving her, so I can understand that. Bobby is gonna have 2 dadies. Is Jack gonna tell Bobby that he and Ennis are lover? I'll read to find out.
Senorita Rage chapter 5 . 5/5/2007
I expected the conversation between Alma and Ennis to be mean. Nice job. I kinda wish she said Jack Nasty, like in the movie. But that was good too. In the book is there a Thanksgiving scene like in the movie when she calls him Jack Nasty and other things?
Senorita Rage chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
The name of Ennis' daughters are Junior and Jenny. Not Junior and Francione. maybe that's his daughter's name instead of Jenny in the book. I like it so far.
onefreetoroam chapter 38 . 9/28/2006
So glad Bobby gets to stay with his father - glad that Maria was honest - she could have been so different and lied about things as well.

On a technical note - I did get slightly confused when we transitioned from Bobby going to sleep and then Ennis asking when they'd have to pick Bobby up from visiting his grandparents - didn't catch the day change.

To bad that the girls couldn't have surprised Ennis and been there for the Birthday party also.

Hm - wonder what Ennis' sister wants - hope they haven't found out about his getting the farm and thinking that they deserve a piece of the pie?

Can't wait to see the first chapter on the sequel. Thanks for the story "Divergent Dreams" - and yes I agree with your initial statement at the beginning of the chapter - I think Ennis' loneliness hurt me almost as much as Jack dying.
onefreetoroam chapter 37 . 9/28/2006
Nice chapter - glad that it wasn't to bad on the boys in court today - hope it just gets better? Thanks - hoping for the best?
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 38 . 9/22/2006
Can't wait for the sequel!