Reviews for Two Hawks Flying
aronoiiel chapter 3 . 9/26/2013
I am dissappointed this was left unfinished it is very well written and has an interesting plot.
Malallory chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Oh I really like this one. I hope you're going to finish it, because now you've got me all curious. Well done!
KaoruKamiya307 chapter 3 . 6/5/2009
O! I like this concept! I can't wait for more. Poor Sano! I love the adaptation of Kenji! So cute! The reactions to the ways that Kenshin has changed was amusing too! :D Please tell your friend that I love her writing and Please write your part of the story soon! Thanks for the great read! ;D
sweety-1914 chapter 3 . 2/29/2008
wow. I hope you're planning on updating this! :D It's really good - tense and suspenseful, but not overly so:D I love your description of Yahiko's fight scene:D :( Poor Yahiko :'
HeadingNorth chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
If you don't continue... *insert thoughts here*
Daughter of Chaos chapter 3 . 2/19/2007
Interesting. Sano's story had me, defiantly. And in true keeping with the beloved character, his details were somewhat sketchy but all of the important facts were slammed right there. Also in a remarkably rurouni move, I enjoyed his bout of effort to get Kenshin and Kaoru to let him just slip out unnoticed, self sacrificing even if it all was “his fault.”

I'm also fascinated by this would-be brother-in-law and his somewhat strangled sense of love and justice. I pity him. At the same time, you've created a nice character model in him, a fleshed out character. Sometimes that's easier said than done.

And Yahiko, Kenshin had best fly to his aid, because a bear trap is bad karma for winning a sword fight! (Okay, so I was caught up in that...)

Excellent story you have in progress here... I truly look forward to when whim and inspiration strike you again in continuing this little slice of heaven.
Daughter of Chaos chapter 2 . 2/19/2007
Oh, cliff hanger! (good thing there is one more chapter behind this...) Yahiko has superb timing here, and I love the mature qualities you bring to him. That last chapter or two of the Manga were quite inspiring, weren't they? In any case, I can't help but worry for our Tokyo Samurai against a lot who, well, worked Sano over so well!

And bless you, you'll think I'm a broken record, but your character interaction are simply divine. The dialog and the prose are interwoven so smoothly that the reader really feels the part of the proverbial fly on the wall.

M, yes, your stories are simply captivating. Moving on...
Daughter of Chaos chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Ahaha. Well, my thing for Sano torture is well fulfilled in the beginning of this fic. And my thing for quick, smart statements as well, as in I most enjoyed; “He grinned ruefully. Trouble was faithful and luck was the spurned lover.”

Oh yes, excellent delivery and connotation on that small line. And a most interesting lead in to a story. Part of me truly enjoys 'Sano returns from wandering' stories, and to see that you have at least started one is enough to make my heart soar! (No pun on story title intended, of course.)

Ah, but like a fish, here I am, hook line and sinker...
Tai-san chapter 3 . 10/2/2006
for the love of chibi I must see more. Pleas update soon. This is an awesome begining. It's clear descriptive and very interesting. thanks for posting
sulou chapter 3 . 7/9/2006
Oh my god! Didn't see that one coming! Poor Yahiko!
sulou chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
How did I miss this? Can't wait to read more.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 5/29/2006
How could you leave Yahiko in a trap! Can you sleep at night with the tortures you put these guys through? It does make for good reading though.

Sano must definitely be feverish if he thinks he can even consider talking Kenshin out of protecting his friends. I like how Sano only remarks at first that he's "done something," hesitant of their reactions while they each so clearly accept him and refuse to allow him to handle this alone. I also thought it was a sweet idea that they have tried to make Sano a member of the household for Kenji, albeit a missing one.

I enjoyed Kenshin on the rooftop. He doesn't have to yell to undermine his opponent with his quiet words that he is concerned for Sano's well being not Masanori's. I also enjoyed his remark that "This one feels he knows Sano far better than you, if you believe that,” regarding Sano's unwillingness to hit him.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 5/29/2006
Trivial as he knows it is, I liked how Sano has a moment of regret for Kenshin's hair, an outward sign of the changes that they have experienced in his absence. It’s like when your first return home after being away at college or summer camp and want everything to be as you left it. You know you have changed but you want those you've left behind to be the same as you remember. His relief at finding Kaoru mainly unchanged shows that.

Yahiko's protectiveness, his need to act as Kenshin would in this situation seems a very logical extension of the 10 year old Yahiko to a teenager. Of course, it would be anxiety over a girl that drove him to the streets that night in the first place.

I have to say a quick word on Kenshin. His protective instincts are obviously in gear, tense, quiet, determined to have the information he needs. Despite that, he remains outwardly calm, as Kaoru emotes, he "...only shrugged. Better to just ride it out, Kenshin said with his eyes." Although his life has moved on, it is clear that he is still the same Kenshin in many ways.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
I've been meaning to get back to this story. Poor Sano would have enjoyed coming home in glory. How ironic to be saved by Yahiko! I like how, even wounded and about to pass out, Sano doesn't miss a beat as he wryly thinks to himself that Yahiko is taller than Kenshin now.
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 3 . 5/7/2006
(Haha, sorry this is so late... I ended up saving a bunch of stories to my hard drive to read for later - internet connection is only downstairs, and I hate taking up the plugs from the homework-doers for my reading pleasures - and this was one of them. I finally got the opportunity to read it!)

You know, as much as your cousin pines after you to write, I think you should do the same to her! ;) This is a very intriguing story thus far, and I'm incredibly pleased to see it make it to the 'net. The plot so far has been quite well done, and I'm becoming quite a fan of this rendition of an older Yahiko (though I'm worried about him after that cliffhanger!). I look forward to reading how Kenshin will help out with this situation - even with just a wooden sword, I'm sure he'll be quite the force to be reckoned with - and how the story will work out in the end. I'm definitely looking forward to reading where you take this story next, though you do know that this only adds to the awesome number of stories your readers will be pining you for. ;3

Until the next round of updates! Hehe.