Reviews for Swimming In The River Lethe
Munchlette Belle chapter 10 . 10/27/2008
Oh my gosh. I don't know if this is the end or not. But my gosh. Reading this was definitely a surreal experience, but in a very good way. The characters felt like they were just floating along and I was floating with them. The surreality of your story is beautiful and this story is just beautiful to read.
lillianrose4 chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
HI, just found you and wanted to let you know this would have to be one of the most beautifully intelligent fics I have ever read, I'm off tosee if you have written any more Hameron, thanks so much for the journey.
Nhia chapter 10 . 12/25/2007
I absolutely adore this story. Your style of writing is so... meandering. It seems to go this way and that way, but in then end, it all fits together perfectly. It makes me think. I have the feeling that I'm going to want to re-read this in a few weeks, and when I do, it'll be an entirely different story. I'll interpret it in a new light. I dunno.

PinkFreud, thanks.
Eliche chapter 10 . 4/5/2007
I really really liked your story. You asked me what i got out of the story, and i sat and i thought about it and i reread some parts and im going to have to get back to you, because i need more thinking time, but for now we will leave it on the fact that its making me think, and think hard.

I really liked the reoccurring themes like looking through the window at herself because everything came back in a loop and they were always standing in the same spot where she had broken down. and the ocean, and the "wish you where here" with the postcards and the photos.

Definitely a great read and im glad that i did. :)
Witchy-grrl chapter 10 . 3/26/2007
Absolutely beautiful. Seriously. You conjured up so much emotion with just a few words and simple images, that I was always a little breathless at the end of each chapter. And the kiss perfection. :)

Definitely, DEFINITELY hope you plan to write more House in the future!
LeatherBee chapter 10 . 2/28/2007
Oh. My. God! I swear, this is the most amazing House fic I have ever read! And that's very good since there are many brilliant House fics out there. But this is seriously touching and the kind that you do not want to take your eyes off of it for a second when reading it. I really hope to read more of your work soon.
mishy-mo chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
"The night smelled like autumn, of chill air and smoke from where summer was being sacrificed on a pyre."

An utterly fantastic sentence if ther ever was one.
Archerelf chapter 10 . 6/21/2006
this is good
cccahill18 chapter 10 . 5/5/2006
I really loved this, with the sense of renewal! Wonderful interaction with House and Cameron. Is this the end, or is there more? I think it could end very nicely here, but if you are planning more chapters I'm sure they would be just as good as the rest.

cccahill18 chapter 9 . 5/5/2006
The mood of this chapter seemed to me, at least, to be that sometimes changes come in that that cause us sufferings, whether we like it or not. Really powerful scene with House and Jude.

cccahill18 chapter 8 . 5/5/2006
Once again, brilliant chapter! This one really seemed to be the blunt feelings of reality of House and Cameron, which differed a bit from other chapters where it seemed more dream-like. I do very much like the changes that you put in the mood!

cccahill18 chapter 7 . 5/5/2006
I like what you've done with House and Cameron's Halloween, as well as the bits of the King Arthur library book.

cccahill18 chapter 6 . 5/5/2006
Sorry for the delay in reviewing! You really are great at putting together such powerful images!

ms metaphor chapter 10 . 5/3/2006
Your writing is unique and absolutely breathtaking. "And then, and then, and then, full of clashing, frenzied desperation and clinging, like autumn." Sometimes it gives me chills.

Chapters 8, 9, and 10 were fantastic. Please, please update soon!
Armchair Elvis chapter 10 . 5/1/2006
This. Is... amazing. Everything that you describe fits in like a dream, because it is a dream... It's perfectly surreal without being ridiculous... well, you know what I mean.

House is awkward. It's like he's made of stone or something. Cameron is just as awkward, but she's isn't as isolated... she's out there. She cries a lot. They're both stuck.

I am very pleased that you didn't just end this with a passionate snog session or something equally ridiculous. You've used the dreamlike state to move it along perfectly... seamlessly.

I wish I could say something a little less inane but I love it, keep it up.

Death plays a big role... but it's interesting that it doesn't jump out straight away as one of the main themes... to me, at least. Interesting, because they've both had so much experience with it.

Cheers and much happy writing.

AE