Reviews for Mary Sue's Revenge!
thegenuineimitation chapter 12 . 12/15/2011
I have to say this is absolutely the best possible attack on rampant sue-dom I have ever seen! It points out all the frustration and cliche that come hand in hand with Mary-Sues and their counterparts and then it goes on to show what could be! How to fix it! For cripes sake it has humanity rather than just having all those girls die terrible horrible deaths without consequences!

All that aside it was enjoyable to read and I only lament the fact that suethors are generally too sensitive to percieved attacks on their character and those that start reading probably won't make it to the end of this fabulous piece before clicking the back button.

Great Work!
australis-angel chapter 13 . 5/12/2010
I got goosebumps from reading..that SueSlayer is evil! Sorry, but I picked one thing - numbweed is definitely brewed outside, away from human habitation. Maybe sleeping herbs? they could be brewed inside. Thanks for a great story!
australis-angel chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Ch 1: I'm ROFL, you have very accurately described a few authors out there!
Diglossia chapter 13 . 1/29/2009
I would like to think that Mary Sue Smith did Impress a queen and did make it to Pern via the Bahrain, and that it was SueSlayer who lay in that room, madder than anything Lewis Carroll could envision. However, in all likelihood, the insane woman was both Mary Sue and SueSlayer, believing wildly inventive horrors were at her command, as well as the space/time continuum. Engaging.
Diglossia chapter 10 . 1/29/2009
I really like this! I'm sorry I'm not reviewing more but I keep wanting to read the next chapter so I end up clicking the next button instead of sending in a review. Very well done.
Diglossia chapter 5 . 1/29/2009
Wow. Very over the top but in a good way. Not something most people would have thought of.
Solen Kytel chapter 13 . 9/5/2008
I must say that your use of sues an sue-thors was amazing (so like many of those I see running around Gaia...) and the story in general was fun to read. Keep up the good work, and keep the parodies coming!
slashmarks chapter 13 . 7/10/2008
I hadn't noticed you finished this. Nice!

Wow... the epilogue was unexpected. I have another thought- maybe ot's SueSlayer in the room? I can imagine her laughing like that. Or maybe the code induces some form of hypnosis makling the people think they're in Pern.

ALso; I was quite surprised that Mary impressed gold- but she *is* a Sue, as I keep forgetting, so maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

-BloodyHellRose

The Mad VAmpiress
truegold-dragonstar chapter 13 . 6/13/2008
Sorry. I'm an incorrigible happy endings girl. I'll stick with chapter 12, thanks. Not that chapter 13 is bad, but...

Anyway, thanks for writing this - it's been a real laugh, and I've enjoyed following along!

t-d
xdefunctaccountx chapter 13 . 6/11/2008
Cool! It's done! Not that I didn't like it. It's just nice to get to the end.

And you didn't even see all the possible interpretations of the ending. It could be SueSlayer! It could be... you, the author, convinced of the truthfullness of your own tale!

Anyway, cool. The last couple of chapters made a good ending.
GinnyStar chapter 13 . 6/10/2008
What a lot of twist and turns in your story I read all this time, try to follow your story line. But what a way to do it.

I hope your done with this kind of line for it made me shiver to I try to wirte this way.
Multi-Facets chapter 13 . 6/7/2008
(tilts head thoughtfully) Perhaps... Perhaps part of Mary ended on Pern, and the rest was consigned to madness. She went down, but I think SueSlayer might have gone with her.

That's the feeling I get, anyway.

Well played, astrokath. (applauds) As always, fine imagery, great grammar, spelling and punctuation, and a compelling read. Mary Sue was perhaps the most human out of everyone in the story. I'm glad you shared this with us. n_n
Swyn Song chapter 13 . 6/5/2008
That was amazingly good, and the ambiguous ending is leaving readers either hanging or drawing their own conclusions. This leads me to state the opinion of myself and my fellow Sue enthusiasts (we are very few, I am sorry to say): Sues should be studied, perhaps parodied, and constructively criticised, not flamed or destroyed. Mary Sues are a natural stage in writers' skill development, and most people grow out of it (I know I did, for more info on that, see my Avatar: the Last Airbender story Temper of a Firebender). SueSlayers beware: the enthusiasts will do anything possible to prevent you from ruining young writers' skill development.
zedille chapter 13 . 6/2/2008
o... eerie. I have to say, when I saw that Mary Sue (so weird...) became a dragonrider, I immediately thought "Sue alert!"... weird.

And the way it sounds, the final epilogue makes it seem like it was poor Mary Sue who ended up like that. Poor her...
OnyxDrake chapter 13 . 6/1/2008
I'm tempted to go with chapter 13's ending, just because it's so horrible! LOL!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »