Reviews for Checkmate
Final Saph chapter 85 . 11/17/2023
Im so sad that i finished this! I was taking my time reading it, nornally i just consume a story but this, this i took my sweet time with. Very well woven, sad that I reached the written end!
summer164 chapter 9 . 11/11/2023
The tension is so much. Vlad is chilling. I did a quick read on some later chapters a while ago. And you have me so much feelings about all the characters
Jaz chapter 85 . 8/6/2023
Wow, this still hold up in 2023!
Fanfic Veteran chapter 1 . 7/19/2023
Great start to the story! But just a heads up: if it ain’t a romance novel and you aren’t writing from the perspective of a teenage girl, you really shouldn’t talk about how “attractive” a 14 year old boy is. I know we all had our crushes on Danny phantom, but it just took me out of the story reading that from the narrators perspective.
Jai Rose chapter 1 . 6/21/2023
This is one of the only fanfictions that my family knows about. I would not shutup about it when I first read it. Then when every new update came.
Even today, my family knows of checkmate, and they know I love it. Thank you for writing this story!
Guest chapter 85 . 10/17/2022
I know it's been over a decade since you finished this story, but I just wanted to, thank you. I've never actually commented on any fanfic before, but I felt like I had to this time.
This has been the first and only story to ever get me to cry. I've read plenty of sad stories, but none of them have ever made my heart hurt nearly as much as this one. I mean that in the best of ways. The story has to be incredibly well written to do that to someone after all. So, thanks.
pokemaster101 chapter 85 . 10/1/2022
I cannot look at Vlad the same way again. Oh my god.

And their BOND dude…I’m crying. ;-;

I honestly cannot describe everything I wanna say into words. But I will say I’m happy that I predicted some things and got surprised by others.

One of the best badger cereal stories (Danny and Vlad platonic I.e. father/son; friends, etc.) I’ve ever read. :)
pokemaster101 chapter 66 . 9/25/2022
Ok reading this story I’m happy to say I had theories and they were correct.

But I have to review now and say IS NIANE HIS SISTER? I’m freaking out. It has to be. Niane is anagram of Annie. Oh. My. God.
Crossed Lover chapter 85 . 4/8/2022
I have absolutely adored this story. It was so hard to put down and because it was so long and well written, it consumed the better part of a week. I loved how you dealt with trauma in this story. The growth of the characters was well done and believable. I wish the fall out didn’t happen (I’m a sucker for a happy ending) but I understand why it happened and it was well done. Thank you for the time and effort that you poured into this work. Great job!
Mileradon chapter 27 . 3/29/2022
This is seriously one of my favorite chapters! }]
I just really love it! Heeeeh!
Mileradon chapter 3 . 3/26/2022
I wonder what Carl is thinking after hearing that whole conversation and then hearing Danny scream…
Guest chapter 84 . 3/5/2022
I freaking love this so much. I can’t believe how much time and energy was put into this story. Seriously, you must have planned it all out from the beginning, —I don’t know how, but you did— and you must have also watched the episodes a bajillion times to get everything so accurate. I love how you put things in this story that correlate so well with the storyline of Danny Phantom, and how you put a deeper meaning to even the smallest of details. Reading this has opened my eyes to those little details, so whenever I go back and rewatch the episodes, I can see how those details fit in perfectly and make complete sense. And you know, this story mixes so well that I literally have trouble separating this story and the actually Tv show! Extremely impressive!

By the way, this is seriously my top favorite fanfiction story I’ve ever read, hands down. I’m not kidding about that either. I’ve read it three times already, along with Endgame. And, it’s not going to stop there, I can ensure you that much. You have a talent. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. You da best!
Guest chapter 78 . 3/1/2022
This chapter and the next one literally fills me with so much pain and sorrow and emotions! Every time I read them, it feels like my heart is snapping into two! Why?! Why did it have to turn out like this?! Why couldn’t Danny and Vlad have worked things out?! I know why, but WHY?! I shouldn’t have read this chapter so close to bed time! Now I’m sad, and the worse part is, I know it’s not going to get any better until like, the end of Endgame! D!

You know what would make this more bearable for my poor sobbing heart? If there was like an alternative time line where Danny actually stays with Vlad! Forget his family! Forget his friends! VLAD! HE NEEDS TO STAY WITH VLAD!
Mileradon chapter 85 . 7/7/2021
Truly, you are an amazing writer. Reading this for a second time has made me see that even more. Of course, I am in awe with your ability to create such an amazing and complex story. Your character development is superb. And rereading this has made me realize that you know each and every character through and through. Honestly —and I know I’ve mentioned this before— If you didn’t mention every single chapter that you don’t own Danny Phantom, I would believe otherwise. It’s clear by reading this that you know the characters; how they think, act, talk, express themselves. It’s truly admirable and just goes to prove what an amazing author you are. You must have done a lot of research to create such flawless and perfect characters. It shows in ever ounce of you writing. Another thing I notice when rereading this story again is all the small tidbits here and there that foreshadow future events. That in of itself shows that you are an amazing author. You’ve clearly done a lot of thinking and planing and preparing on your part to ensure that this story flows so… perfectly -and that’s what I consider this story; truly perfect. Not only do I admire all the small bits and pieces that foreshadow upcoming chapters, but I greatly admire how knowledgeable you are when it comes to describing certain events. For example, when Vlad and Danny went to Germany. It was so fascinating to ready the dialogue in German, and to picture the places you described, and heck! Even learning about giraffes! I was also impressed how you described the work setting when Vlad took Danny to his companies that one day. You are extremely intelligent, and I don’t know if you’ve been put in many settings in order to describe and explain them, or if you’ve don’t A LOT of research, but it blows me away with how much you know! I’m also impressed with how you explained the Mark’s Galla. You… are so good with describing settings! Truly, you are!
Another thing that truly astounds me with your writing is how well you explain what’s happening. I know that’s a pretty vague and broad statement, so here’s an example. I don’t think many people consider what’s going on in a half-ghosts body, and if they do, they tell it how it is. But not you. You’ve explained where their powers originate from. You explain how they’re able to do different things, like teleporting, duplicating, bringing forth their ectoplasm, heck, even explaining how to channel Danny’s ghostly wail. It’s unbelievable how well you understand all of this! I… I don’t know how you do it! And even while explaining these different skills, you can delve even more and explain it in a whole different sense just so it makes even more sense! Dude! How!? Seriously… you are like… my idol! I just love everything you do, and yes, I may sound like a fanatic, but I am! You’re just so awesome and amazing and plain fan-freakin’-tastic! And, if you made a book and published it for the whole world to read, you know, something that wasn’t fan-based, I would pick that book up and read it in a flash. I truly hope you understand that you are a really good writer, because, you are. Keep writing ‘cause you’re totally and utterly amazing at it!
Mileradon chapter 79 . 7/6/2021
This chapter… it makes me so depressed… I honestly think it’s amazing that you can cause that kind of emotion to stir within me. And even though I’m all sad and melancholy, I applaud your ability to create that emotion so flawlessly. After everything Danny and Vlad went though, I can feel all the pain! I can tell you put a lot of work into this chapter to bring out the agony and sorrow and pain. Well done! It just goes to show how amazing you are at writing!
3,836 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »