Reviews for Checkmate
bibliophilea chapter 60 . 12/3/2014
I like the way you decided to spin TUE. It makes more sense than simply ripping out Danny's ghost half to get rid of his emotions, since both halves are Danny. It also makes more sense for time to have passed with Danny wallowing in grief and unable to move on before Vlad would ever try anything so drastic.
bibliophilea chapter 54 . 12/2/2014
THEY'RE SO CLOSE! SO CLOSE! All they need to do is figure out that NB stands for nanobots, and they'll know the most important piece of Vlad's scheme! I wonder when they'll find out about the ghost robberies shortly before Danny's disappearance... that's really all they need to work out who Vlad's holding over Danny's head. I kind of don't want them to figure it out, though... I want Danny's and Vlad's relationship to grow strong enough to grow Vlad's heart to three times its size, so he'll finally do the right thing and give Jazz the cure himself. I know Vlad's heart was not only two sizes to small, but frozen over; and Danny's no Cindy Lou Who; but I still think their relationship has the potential to be strong enough to get the Grinch to bring the trappings of Christmas back to Whoville. [::
bibliophilea chapter 46 . 12/1/2014
Danny's melting his heart! Maybe by the end of this, his heart will have grown to thrice its original size... (::
bibliophilea chapter 45 . 12/1/2014
He should know better than to say anything along the lines of "things can't get any worse" by now! Now he's sealed his fate!
bibliophilea chapter 43 . 12/1/2014
Vlad's finally starting to understand how his actions affect others! And Danny's starting to empathize a bit with Vlad! And they're finally starting to swallow their pride enough to act on it!

And it only took them 42 chapters and a prologue... well, I suppose that's what you can expect from people as stubborn as a buffalo in a puddle of water on a hot day... (::
bibliophilea chapter 35 . 12/1/2014
Also, with regards to the chapter I just reviewed: while starting on the chapter after this, I noticed a sharp, throbbing pain in my finger. Looking down, I noticed that my thumb had thoroughly clawed it. This is the first time I've ever clawed myself so hard I actually cut myself while reading anything, fanfiction or otherwise. It's a pretty small cut, but it was shocking that it happened in the first place. So, hats off to you, I guess, for making a scene so emotionally toiling that I actually cut myself with my nail, and didn't notice until I had started the next chapter... [x
bibliophilea chapter 36 . 12/1/2014
All their pain felt real, especially Danny's. The way he broke down... how he felt was tangible. You broke my heart in so many different ways in this chapter alone... and I get the feeling that the emotional fallout Danny's going to face will break my heart in even more, new, painful ways.

I must be a masochist to continue reading... but this story is so amazing! Especially with how you've STILL managed to keep everyone in character, even as far as Chapter 36!
bibliophilea chapter 22 . 11/30/2014
This makes me wonder exactly what the other ghosts say about Danny, and just how much they actually know about what all Vlad's done to the kid.
sammansonrepilica chapter 23 . 11/29/2014
Great chapter once again wow vlad and Danny fight a lot poor Danny and his friends and family there really going through it I hope things get better for them soonish but they probably won't til toward the end of the story. Anywho I'm on to read the next chapter
sammansonrepilica chapter 22 . 11/29/2014
Another great chapter I love the way you write it really holds my attention and makes me want to read more
bibliophilea chapter 9 . 11/28/2014
Man... poor Danny... and it's Vlad's fault...
I don't want to just kill him; I want him to feel exactly what he's making Danny AND his friends and family feel, and if he doesn't either die/become mentally incapacitated from the pain, or try to fix what he's done once he understands exactly what he's doing to them (because he clearly doesn't get it, based on his reaction to Danny's behavior), I'd want to kill him.
I would not have this sort of reaction if you weren't so great at your characterization, and your description of everything; so thanks! (::
Twila Star chapter 48 . 11/28/2014
Another good chapter. Though, I must admit, this chapter was a little harder to read because of the "explaining" we walked through with Danny that Vlad was giving. It was harder to engage because it wasn't something engaging. It was information that couldn't even remotely pertain less to us. I liked the parts after wards, but you lost me the first couple paragraphs of the chapter.
Oblivious Guest chapter 84 . 11/27/2014
Holy cow. I am so, so blind. How could I have not noticed?
Niane?
Annie?
Smart.
Guest chapter 56 . 11/26/2014
I don't know why, but every time Vlad's sentences end with 'hmm', I get really creeped out.
Twila Star chapter 43 . 11/24/2014
That's it. It's over. No matter what I read after this one, there could be no way, NO WAY some other chapter will be better or become my favorite. I hate but love you, your story is amazing and deserves to have as many reviews as it does, your writing is so simple, but repetitive, and while repetitive, it never gets old. So What I wanted to say was...

Thank you for this chapter.
3,668 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »